JACKED - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
JACKED
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:21 AM
Bout 2 weeks back i had my car at a garage for some transmission work. Got a call that next morning from the shop owner saying the car was broken into. Called PA state police to make a report. Once i got there my driverside window was smashed the rear driver side was attempted to smash big dent just under the window where a flat head sccrew driver was used to pry it open. My trun was closed with my wires heanging out. So... i knew that was all gone 2 1000w 4 channel amps from visonik, and a custom sub box to fit 3 10"s aswell as the subs 3 audiobahn subs. as of now no leads or anything...

96 z24

Re: JACKED
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:36 AM
is your insurance payin for it??

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:56 AM
It was all bolted down however the insurance company claims it wasnt. Even with me showing the picturess.. they refuse to give me anything.. only 50 bucks for the window.

96 z24
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 6:47 AM
Thats crazy. Isn't the shop responsible for it in any way? Go to someone higher up at the insurance company.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 12:18 PM
They should be responsable, however i didnt know that at the time. So it whent through my insurance. :*(

96 z24
Sunday, September 18, 2005 12:26 PM
File a claim with the shops insurance company and have your auto insurance do a reclaim.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:07 AM
i dont know if the shop would be responsible. if it was inside then yea but if its just sitting out on the lot, i know some shops wont take responsibility for anything that happens

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:31 PM
usually shops arent responsible, they have disclaimers.

my magnaflow decal gives me 100 hp!
Friday, September 30, 2005 7:05 PM
I'm from the same area as you, and I really have a feeling it's just a matter of time before my husband's car gets broke into.
Saturday, October 01, 2005 2:53 PM
the shop i work at makes you sign a disclaimer so when stuff is jacked up they dont pay. we had some employees steal a dvd player and about 20 cd's and of course the owner was beyond pissed but our manager wouldnt pay him. i was accused of the theft but they eventually backed off. if i were you id just try and do a reclaim.

"Youre lucky that 100 shot of nos didnt blow the welds on your intake"
-Vin Diesel
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:32 PM
thats why you take all that crap out before you take it to the shop. if i ever had to take mine i would take all that stuff out, switch rims etc... make it not worth the to break in to it...

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:50 AM
Isn't the garage owner somewhat lyable?
Thursday, December 15, 2005 5:44 AM
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:32 PM

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:50 AM

Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:23 PM
SLO CAV (the slo one) wrote:thats why you take all that crap out before you take it to the shop. if i ever had to take mine i would take all that stuff out, switch rims etc... make it not worth the to break in to it...

this is axactly what i did, i totally striped my car down when i took it in to the shop, last week
even though i knew the owner personally, i didnt totally trust the employee.
@!#$ last time we took some customers cd and the didnt know..
so what to say that they would have don the same..

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?
Monday, January 30, 2006 7:17 PM
explain how it was bolted down?

14.82 @ 97 mph
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 11:47 AM
this is an old one but I'm gonna comment..

Those of you who "witnessed" the taking of CD's or said "we took CD's"

Have you no morals? Stealing is wrong. period.

Maybe I read your responses incorrectly, but as they're written I take them as I have stated.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 12:22 PM
Those disclaimers they have you sign mean ZERO in court. I used to work at a Buick dealership and a guy came in with his Grand National and it stayed over night. That night the wheels, seats, hood, and some other stuff I can't remember now was stolen.
The customer was called and when he came down he came with his lawer. I don't know what state you live in but in Maryland when you give the shop the car they are 100% responcible for it and any damages that may happen to it regardless of any disclaimer. Here they mean nothing and the shop is lieable. If I were you I'd contact a lawer for one of those free consultations they offer and go back to the shop and inform the owner he IS going to pay for your stuff or you'll take him to court.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:08 AM

The shop is only responsible for the car if it's inside. So if it was outside and theres no fences then they are not responsible.
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 11:38 AM
Tekne3k wrote:The shop is only responsible for the car if it's inside. So if it was outside and theres no fences then they are not responsible.

Untrue. If there is a work order open on the vehicle, the shop has taken possesion of the vehicle. Therefore the shop is responsible for any damage or theft of the vehicle or theft of any thing in/on the vehicle. This is the main reason shops carry very good insurance coverage.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 1:39 PM
the shop accepts responsability for the vehicle as soon as it takes possetion of it. the signs are just to blow off the weak who don't know any better

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:32 AM
Grimor wrote:the shop accepts responsability for the vehicle as soon as it takes possetion of it. the signs are just to blow off the weak who don't know any better

YUP YUP !! You hand them the keys they are 100% responcible.

Monday, February 27, 2006 1:52 PM
Jackalope wrote:Those disclaimers they have you sign mean ZERO in court. I used to work at a Buick dealership and a guy came in with his Grand National and it stayed over night. That night the wheels, seats, hood, and some other stuff I can't remember now was stolen.
The customer was called and when he came down he came with his lawer. I don't know what state you live in but in Maryland when you give the shop the car they are 100% responcible for it and any damages that may happen to it regardless of any disclaimer. Here they mean nothing and the shop is lieable. If I were you I'd contact a lawer for one of those free consultations they offer and go back to the shop and inform the owner he IS going to pay for your stuff or you'll take him to court.

lmao you dont even know...my grandpa bought a brand new dump truck from GM.....it was 2 days old, the thing got stolen right off their lot over night (they were fixing something) and my grandpa was out the truck and his money...they wouldnt cover it. it was the largest model that they made i think.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Thursday, March 02, 2006 2:12 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ I'm sorry to hear that but maybe your grandpa should have called a lawer. Not knowing your rights does not mean they do not exist. The dealerships insurence company would have to pay.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 2:25 PM
^^ he did go to court. of course the gm lawyers made his lawyer look like an idiot.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:48 AM
Wait it wouldn't have been GM lawyers it would have been the dealerships lawyers cause the truck was stolen while in their posestion. Something doesn't sound right here.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search