Is this as 'minor' as I think? - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is this as 'minor' as I think?
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:21 PM
In seeing some of the other posts here, I'm almost grateful it wasn't as bad as those.

This morning I 'tangled' with a new[ish] H*nda C*vic on my way to work.

The bumper is cracked vertically at the tip of the 'nose', and the grille separated from the top solid part. The bumper obviously needs replacing, but nothing is overtly bent (though someone with a better eye [you professional j-body fans] may see better than me). The right quarter panel seems slightly bulged out, but the hood looks OK.

Witness the results (forgive the quality, they are from a cell phone):
1. The whole bumper from the front:

2. Right half, closer:

3. Left half, closer:

4. From above (white, though the C*vic was blue [?]):

5. The 'junction' between the right quarter-panel and bumper. notice the 'notch' there. I think it's just because the bumper is pushed in (pushing it out on the sides):

Never mind that the 'red' paint is pink from the sun...repainting was already in the queue.

How much do you all suppose this will cost? (Assuming that only the bumper needs replacing and nothing is bent, and [as I am an easily-pleased 'amateur' fan] perhaps using a 'copy' bumper)

Re: Is this as 'minor' as I think?
Thursday, September 22, 2005 9:37 AM
quater panel = rear panel. thats the fender. just replace the bumper

Thursday, September 22, 2005 9:41 AM
Thanks...I realized that later...I told you I was an amateur... ...I was earlier convinced they were called 'front quarter-panel' and 'rear quarter-panel'.

Thanks for the answer!
Chris

[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]quater panel = rear panel. thats the fender. just replace the bumper
Thursday, September 22, 2005 12:06 PM
lol, you showed that bastard Civic what was up. Least there isn't too much damage. Get an estimate yet on damage?
Friday, September 23, 2005 7:41 PM
id say just a new bumper..... aftermarket if you wanna spend the money or just go down to the wreckers and wander around untill you find one.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search