Some thing good but kinda bad - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Some thing good but kinda bad
Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:02 PM
ok well my car if off the raod because an old man hit my door. well the insura says its my fault and it wasn't so right now its off the road untill i can fix it.

now my buddy called me today and said he just wrecked his 99 Z24 the hood was pushed down core support bent rad broke and the bumper was hit. he said i can buy it off him cheap because he knew my mom for along time and would give me a deal on it. so i was thinking of buying swaping the engine,tranny,computer,cluseter,interior, almost every thing in side BUT its all power and mine isn't would i be able to just swap every thing and have it work? *but how?*,how long would it take to swap the eninge.tranny,wireing harness ext for the engine and then do the interior swap? the engine has 60,xxx miles my 2200 SFi has,138,xxx miles? and the rims have new tires

my question is should i buy it???

Re: Some thing good but kinda bad
Friday, October 28, 2005 6:56 PM
Friday, November 18, 2005 7:38 AM
i would but it s gonna take you forever to pull both engines and trannys, especially if the wiring and comp has to come with it, good luck though, it will be faster than b4.

2001 Ford F250 Superduty
7.3L PowerStroke Diesel
5" Turbo-Back Exhaust
XCal-2 With Tadds Tunes
Water/Methanol Injection
aFe Stage 2 Intake
Full Set of AutoMeter Gauges.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 11:15 PM
Why not swap you core support/radiator/hood/etc onto the Z?

Friday, November 25, 2005 9:51 PM
Well then there are all the insurance and registration crap....whereas if he uses it as a parts car...I think if you had all the parts and tools and knew exactly what you were doing, an engine swap could be done inside a week...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search