it's fixed...sort of - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
it's fixed...sort of
Friday, October 21, 2005 10:18 PM
After a 55km/h impact with a stopped car (Toyota Matrix), my car was pretty messed up.

After a month in the body shop, and being teased with people saying the car should be written off, they fixed it. $8700 in damage, which is just slightly less then the value of the car. The new steering wheel airbag cover doesn't match, but they say they're all like that.

here's what it looked like:

interior was pretty messed up:

car was broken into a week earlier, they came in through the passanger window, and the airbag blew out the windows and sunroof:

Insurance adjuster missed this, somehow. I thought it was pretty obvious.

Re: it's fixed...sort of
Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:25 AM
Shame you had all those problems. Your pics didn't show on your post.

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Saturday, October 22, 2005 8:09 AM
Why didn't you just buy a new car . . . $8700 is a LOT for accident damage.
Saturday, October 22, 2005 9:48 AM
that's odd, lastnight the pics worked when I previewed the post. I'll try to put them up again later.

And I didn't buy a new car yet, cause mine is a loaded Z24 (LS Sport in US), and for what I payed for my car I couldn't buy a base Cobalt. but I might get a new one soon.
Saturday, October 22, 2005 2:31 PM
I think the pictures aren't working right now cause Cardomain is where they are linked from, and the sight is down, while it's moved to a bigger server, until sunday. Cause the pictures did work last night.
Sunday, October 23, 2005 10:54 PM
pics work for me

doesnt look like but 2500 in damage to me

and most is for the air bags

Monday, October 24, 2005 1:09 PM
Now the pics loaded... I think you got ridiculously over priced man. That doesn't even look bad compared to most accidents where the airbags deploy.
Monday, October 24, 2005 9:05 PM
$8700 canadian. Had to get new windshield, new side glass, completely replace sunroof, airbags, bumper, repair hood, repaint hood and passanger door (breakin), 2 new headlights & bulbs, impact beam, repair dash, plus a few other small things. You can't really tell from the picture but the hood was buckled a bit. Alot of the money was for labour and taxes.
Then the insurance people left it outside through a massive rain / hail storm, with the broken sunroof open, so it got completely drenched inside.

Wierd thing was that I didn't even have a bruise from the seatbelt. All I had was a friction burn on my right hand from the airbag.
Thursday, November 10, 2005 10:00 PM
yea that sounds about right . the labor might have been a little high but it seems to match the estmates ive done. it was most likley repaired because its a Z24 and has a higher value. if you tell the adjuster that you want the car back they will try harder to fix it. plus they know they will make there money back.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search