98cav takes out accord.....and self - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98cav takes out accord.....and self
Saturday, November 19, 2005 11:41 AM
So last night i'm headin to my friends house, but i was gonna stop and rent a movie first. I'm going south on the dyer st. (3 lane road, i'm in the middle) goin bout 35-40 (in a 40 zone). This accord is going north, but gonna make a left turn on fairbanks. The light at the next intersection turned yellow so i started slowing down......then this idiot in the accord decides to take a chance and turn anyway. I slam on the brakes, rears locked up....cavalier owned accord, accord owned cavalier. Both airbags deployed. The passenger side bag came out so hard the cover smacked the windshield and cracked it, front lisence plate was about 5 feet to the right of my car. I came to a stop IMMEDIATELY. The accord spun around, facing south on the westbound street, with serious damage to the passenger side between the door and the right rear wheel and suspension. My car has some pretty bad front end damage, no fluids leakin though. Luckily no one was injured. 2 withnesses stopped and asked if we were ok, one lady called the police. They show up, cite him for failure to yield the right of way. So him and his insurance company are gonna buy me 2 fenders, 2 headlights, a hood, a new bumper, windshield, a paint job, and everything else i need........and my car is on it's way to one of the best body shops in town. I feel like i just lost my bestfriend. She's down but not out. I should have pix on monday

Re: 98cav takes out accord.....and self
Sunday, November 20, 2005 12:01 PM
Oh man I'm sorry to hear it. I'm glad that everyone is OK and its awesome that they're paying for it. Good luck with the repairs and I hope you make it even better than before.

Blown.
Sunday, November 20, 2005 7:28 PM
Atleas that guy is paying for it...

Hi

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 11:20 AM
**update**

gotta call from the body shop. Cars not worth fixing, over $6k in damage, all because some @!#$ decided to be impatient. Not to be an ass.....but i hope he gets the same news about his car
Thursday, November 24, 2005 6:56 PM
98Cav2200 wrote:**update**

gotta call from the body shop. Cars not worth fixing, over $6k in damage, all because some @!#$ decided to be impatient. Not to be an ass.....but i hope he gets the same news about his car

thats the first thing i was thinking when you say 2 fenders hood front bumper windshield airbags... the car is totaled most likely they will total a car with bumper hood and airbags now. i hope it all works out for you because somtimes it works out bad and you end up with a worse car

1998 Cavalier
1995 Trans Am
1984 Camaro Z28
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search