fiance's sunfire got broken into... advice needed - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fiance's sunfire got broken into... advice needed
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:03 PM
ok first of all... i live in a safe area, in apartments. ive been here for a while now and nothing has ever happened to anybody close to my apartment. but recently these new people moved into the apartment just down the street a short ways, like 3 suites down from mine. ive noticed every time im out working on the car one of two guys in that apartment are often outside staring at me awkwardly. i just thought they were weird or jealous or something, i dunno. and i ignored it. well a couple nights ago brittanys sunfire got broken into, the radio was stolen. im not pissed about the radio, it was a cheap one and its replaceable. im more pissed about the damage to the door and the fact that it even happened. my neighbors in my suite are trustworthy people, i like them. they wouldnt do anything, and they're all worried now too, actually. but here's the thing that scares me the most... i understand that theft can happen anywhere, and im lucky all they got was a cheap radio. but my cavalier was sitting right next to her sunfire when it happened, and they didnt touch mine at all. not only no attempts to get into it, but the car was clean and i dont even see fingerprints on it anywhere. so they literally didnt touch the cavalier. i have more to steal in my car than she's got in hers, and they could have figured that out easily. so why did they get hers and not mine? seems to me it HAS to be somebody close that did it... somebody who's been watching long enough to know that she doesnt have an alarm and i do. they knew not to mess with mine... its somebody who knows our cars fairly well, and new the alarm on mine would wake everybody up in the complex if they hit mine up. then... when britt was outside talking to the cop and filing the report, there were those new guys again, staring awkwardly at her and the cop. so heres the deal... im almost positive it was them, and theres nothing i can do to prove it b/c i have no evidence. my lease isnt up till april so im not moving out anytime soon. the place is very safe, i trusted everybody, but now knowing the somebody just down the street is breaking in to cars, makes me uneasy... even though everybody else ive met in the area is really cool. so what can i do to make sure if they hit us again they dont get away with it? im getting an alarm on the sunfire, thats for sure. but if they hit one of our cars again, or even one of my neighbors cars, i dont want them getting away with it. ive talked to the lease office, they took note of the incident but arent exactly putting up camaras or anything, lol. is there anything i can do? or will they just continue to get away with it because i cant prove anything?

Re: fiance's sunfire got broken into... advice needed
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:13 PM
Can you put up a camera in your window that has a clear view of your guys cars. if so just videotape it every night. maybe they wont even try it again, but who knows. you could always check their car to see if they are dumb enough to install it in their own. i wouldnt really confront them or anything because you dont have any sure evidence except that they stare at you wierdly. really the only other thing you could do is sit and wait; mybe it will happen again and maybe nothing else will ever happen. maybe those guys go and break into someone else car around there.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 11:28 PM
Deterrent... first and foremost. Alarm, club, whatever.

No matter where you live, how safe it seems, etc... there will always be crime. Get a deterrent and the thief may think twice about your car and move onto the next one.

There is no excuse for installing a stereo before an alarm. I learned that one the hard way. 2 subs, 3 amps, a deck and four speakers later.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:15 AM
I would do the camera thing, but you have to make sure it can do good at night. You can go down to and hook it up to a VCR and record on a timmer everynight for 8 hours with the long setting on them. Erin and I are very lucky to have both a garage and very well lite area around the new place. I've thought about changing the light in the middle to one that has two flood lamps just to be sure to make it easier to be filmed. I've just need the camera and I'm set. Sorry to hear about the Sunfire man. How did they get in?

Re: fiance's sunfire got broken into... advice nee
Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:24 PM
they popped the lock on the passanger side.

Friday, December 09, 2005 7:27 AM
just because your car is modded doesnt mean they are going to break into it. is it more prone to happen? yes but most of the time they wont because they know it more than likely has an alarm. plus alarms are easy to spot w/ the blinking light.

Friday, December 09, 2005 8:42 AM
check your girl first! more than likely she has a clue who it could be and she is just not telling you. maybe a ex or a stalker. because no thief is going to steal a cheap radio. read between the lines a bit. but don't flip out! shot gun shells in the cup holder helps also

see ya!

Friday, December 09, 2005 6:39 PM
I'd say they saw the light blinking inside your car, proving that there was indeed an alarm. I'd say that if you installed an alarm on her car, that would be another deterent.

But I've known people to break into cars with alarms on them, knowingly. I was staying at a hotel in Tennessee and someone broke into a friends cavalier that was parked in the hotel parking lot!! Good thing we were on the terrace and heard the alarm and saw them drive away so the cops could get them. Too bad it was one driver's side glass too late.

I'd try to set up a camcorder somehow....

Friday, December 09, 2005 8:59 PM
novaracer wrote:check your girl first! more than likely she has a clue who it could be and she is just not telling you. maybe a ex or a stalker. because no thief is going to steal a cheap radio. read between the lines a bit. but don't flip out! shot gun shells in the cup holder helps also

this is a very ignorant comment. her ex lives hours away and has no idea where she lives. she's not from columbus, she moved here to go to school and marry me, her ex doesnt even know she's in columbus, and her ex hasnt seen her in 3 years, i highly doubt after 3 years she would have an impulse to seek her out in another city and steel her cheap radio she didnt even have back when they were together. You also shouldnt assume that she would keep that kind of information from me... you dont know her or me, or our relationship... not all girls are like that, dont make gender stereotypes... and a theif will take whatever they can get, they dont care how cheap it is.

[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]just because your car is modded doesnt mean they are going to break into it. is it more prone to happen? yes but most of the time they wont because they know it more than likely has an alarm. plus alarms are easy to spot w/ the blinking light.

not to be mean but her car is just as modded as mine, so this comment doesnt really mean anything. mine actually has a stock kit on it right now other than the WW front. her's has full streetfire kit, lowered, and 17s. there would be just as much asumption of hers having an alarm as mine.

and actually you cant see a red flashing light in my car. its a factory alarm and the red light is on the factory stereo, which isnt in the car. so theres no way they new it had an alarm unless its somebody close by that saw it.

Friday, December 09, 2005 9:00 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]just because your car is modded doesnt mean they are going to break into it. is it more prone to happen? yes but most of the time they wont because they know it more than likely has an alarm. plus alarms are easy to spot w/ the blinking light.

sorry that was supposed to be quotes above, somehow i lost the end tag

Friday, December 09, 2005 9:00 PM
hmm, still didnt work... oh well, you get the point

Saturday, December 10, 2005 12:59 PM
You can't quote BaggedCav98 (Unquotable One) cause of all the symbols in his name.

Anyways, my car has the factory alarm also and it had the light that would blink on the stock CD player, which is also removed. But mine still has a light that blinks on my cluster, also....I dunno, maybe yours is different. Mine is a 2000 Z.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 1:08 PM
I wouldn't trust the factory alarm, but good luck if you believe that thing is actually worth something!

...but yes even I had a flashing "THEFT SYSTEM" light on the cluster back when I used it.

Now I have 2 red LED's, one on the center defrost vent when looking in, the other on my gauge pod, so it's easily viewable from the front of the car at all times.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:40 AM
If I were you I would make your car easy to get into and let your neighbors see you leave the door open or something then have a hidden camera set up somewhere and catch them on tape then just take them to court.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:30 PM
why bother going thru that...
just happen to mention it to them that 'if they know anywhere you could take your car to get your alarm fixed cause, it doenst always work .. right
set them up basically
thats what i would do..

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search