TOTAL IT or FIX IT??????? - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TOTAL IT or FIX IT???????
Friday, December 16, 2005 9:09 PM
Well, I wrecked my Z24 yesterday. The insurance company says that it may be totaled. I guess that is seems anytime the airbags are deployed the car is usually totaled.

So my question is do I let them total it, and I take the money??????

Total it, buy it back from them, and fix it?????

See if I can get them to fix?????

The following things need replaced---hood, driver fender, inter fender liner, front bumper, the entire headlight assembly, turn signal, bumper light, tire, and the drivers Air Bag was deployed.

I have pictures but no where to host them.

Ryan

Re: TOTAL IT or FIX IT???????
Friday, December 16, 2005 9:19 PM
what year? what kinda miles? judgging by that...id say YES! unless its like a 2002 with 10,000 miles

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Friday, December 16, 2005 9:39 PM
It is a 97 with about 67,000 miles on it. I was in very good shape before yesturday.

You say yes as in FIX IT?????

Ryan
Saturday, December 17, 2005 9:20 PM
let them write it off and take it. you where right blown bags usually mean total loss there to much to replace on an ecnonmy car. the repair alone is worth more then the car. but on the upside usually the insurance will pay out more then its worth.

it sux even if you want it usually they dont fix em. it too bad to hear about your ride.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Saturday, December 17, 2005 10:24 PM
I would say to fix it if it was newer but since its almost 10 years old i would just get the money for it.
If the car means a lot to you, that isn't that much to fix.
If you decide to fix it, I can get you some of those parts if you need them. Im pretty sure my local junkyard has the airbag too - let me know.

-Seth

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search