potential wreck??? - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
potential wreck???
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 12:34 PM
like the idiot that i am, i didn't see this massive speed bump and hit the gas just before reaching it...

my car went up it, then came down and i heard a loud bang, like something underneath the front of the car hit the pavement.

i didn't really notice any damage, but i haven't taken a look at the engine yet.

any ideas on what damage i should look for?

THANKS!

p.s. i posted here because i thought people here might know a bit more about damage to cavs. sorry if it's misposted!

Re: potential wreck???
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:05 PM
I think ur fine. I was trying to get to a friends hose before they left, and went about 50 down a sidestreet - stupid, yes i know - i hit a dip in the road that i didn't know was there. Front wheels came off road and slammed down and i heard a bang too and im still doing fine. I would check tranny pan, and the frame and stuff but i think ur prolly ok.

-Seth

Friday, January 06, 2006 4:34 PM
wizkiddrummer wrote:I would check tranny pan, and the frame and stuff but i think ur prolly ok.
-Seth

Yeah, a previous owner bottomed out my car.. Broke a little plastic peice on the underside of my Z24 bumper, Broke a peice out of my Wheelwell liner, Damaged both sideskirts, and then dented teh tranny pan.. Actually monday i am taking the tranny pan out,, straightening it out and then replacing the gasket and filter and fluid.. So just kinda check everything good.. Look for scratches or marks in parts or even broken or dented pieces.. You should be fine tho.. Depending on how hard you hit it.. u might just have had the tire rub the fender or sumthing...

Friday, January 06, 2006 6:14 PM
well mine bottoms out like that all the time, its so low that i cant help it... but its usually the struts bottoming out.. i think your ok...
Friday, January 06, 2006 7:16 PM
thanks all!

i was worried, it was a real loud bang.

i need to get my car cert. and have an emissions test next week, so i'll ask the mechanic to take a look at the tranny pan. it just needs to be banged in place if it's dented? not a replacement thing?

thanks again!
Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:04 AM
If its dented.. ull have to unbolt it and hammer the dent out... but then u have to replace your gasket and i bought the gasket and it came with the filter and i figured the car is due so im just doing a filter change and fluid while its there..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search