Add me to the wrecked list - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Add me to the wrecked list
Friday, December 30, 2005 9:08 PM
I would love to set an say its very minor and maybe it is.
It took a nice head on hit to a gaurdrail tonight. It creased the left fender and destroyed my IF front. I had a C/F hood but its gone now. Worst part is the busted radiator and the center beam in the front thats pushed back a few inches.
I guess the upside is my g.f. and I are alright. The car actually drove to her house (we were less than a mile away) and the fenders though bent weren't out of line with the doors. Could this mean no frame damage?
Who knows. Guess I get to call the insurance company tommorrow.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Re: Add me to the wrecked list
Friday, December 30, 2005 10:13 PM

Friday, December 30, 2005 10:46 PM
man that F'n sucks

Friday, December 30, 2005 10:57 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That sucks, Im sorry.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 10:49 AM
Didn't you just get that IF front repaired from an incident not too long ago?

Sucks definately, how'd you manage that one? That was a rough hit.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 1:36 PM
gawd damn that suck. damn shame was a nice car

Saturday, December 31, 2005 1:43 PM
DAMN! Ive never seen an IF front shatter like that. It must have been a pretty big impact. Sp what happened?

"Louis, you better watch who you call a child. Because if I'm a child,
that makes you a pedafile, and I'm not gonna stand here and argue
with a pervert" -- Peter Griffin
Saturday, December 31, 2005 11:31 PM
Holy huge pictures batman...
How did u manage to run into the guardrail???
That sucks that it happened but it looks like if you can get it to a frame puller you should be ok. At worst you might have to get that front radiator support replaced - not too bad at all. And of course the hood and such but you already knew that.
Glad your ok, and glad the airbags didn't go off - that woulda majorly sucked.

-Seth

Sunday, January 01, 2006 12:37 PM
damn dude at least its fixable =)

Sunday, January 01, 2006 12:48 PM
Joe Schulte,
Nah man I hit a deer at 70mph two days before Thanksgiving coming down the interstate and had planned on fixing it, guess that doesn't seems so bad now.

The question to how I wrecked. Well it was cold wet and rainy, and theres this nice junkyard (that has so much pull its in the center of town and is not in city limits) that likes to pick up wrecked tractor trailers and drag them around. Well I had slowed up for the corner taking it into consideration but the rear came around slightly anyways. The corner was around a 75 degree bend and when the rear came around I caught it and brought it back, but the left rear and front off the road, so with the wheel caught it dug into the soft mud and where it was so narrow, it pitched the car straight and it went head first into the gaurdrail before it spun it on around and tapped the rear bumper and stopped.
My girlfriends house was a mile away so I put it back in drive and drove it to her house.

The hood flew up on the way home so I tore what was left of it off and threw it on the side of the road. I left it there overnight and yesterday drove the car 20 some miles back home. It honestly drove as it did the night before it all happened I even finished 90% of my tweaking on the Gravana Coils before I parked it and pulled what was left of the IF front off.

I'm faced with the decision now, since its nowhere near totaled, to fix it and convert it back to stock and buy either a used STI/Evo like I had planned on doing in the summer (minus a stock Cavalier), and then trade it in, or fix it to how it was and drive it till the wheels fall off.

This week I am taking it to see what its going to cost to fix it. Cosmetically I have all the stock parts minus new fenders. If I were to go back to how it was that would mean new headlights/corners, new 00 rear bumper and a new C/F hood. So I don't know what I am going to do. Turning it in on insurance is a big hell no considering the car is not worth what it would raise my rates too. So far I still have a perfect record since this is my first incident I have ever been in.

I also snapped a new picture with the front off. As you can see the bumper support was never bent or misaligned. The car went under the gaurdrail so everything fron the headlights up took the hit. I'll have more in depth daytime pictures later today.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 12:54 PM
As long as the frame is alright and its just that support there, it shouldn't be too much. I know here in montana i could prolly have it fixed for about 200$ minus fenders and hood and such.
Good Luck.

-Seth

Sunday, January 01, 2006 1:58 PM
your car looks like my z24 that i am fixing its bent the same place. no frame damage

Sunday, January 01, 2006 6:19 PM
Maybe if the pics were bigger... I could see what you were talking aboot?? (kidding)

That sucks... hope things work out in the end

Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:19 PM
[quote=¤§Fallen Angel§¤]Maybe if the pics were bigger... I could see what you were talking aboot?? (kidding)

That sucks... hope things work out in the end

I'll have close up pics of the damage tommorrow for ya.

Monday, January 02, 2006 10:26 AM
well man that sucks, i hope they dont total it... you might wanna think that that may be a possibility.. yea i know insurance companys suck!! i had an accident where i was hit by a truck in the drivers corner that left my whole front frame bent 4 inches toward the passenger side and it was only 300 to have it put on the frame straightener and put right back to new.. id sy they might have to cut the tack welds and replace the front core support on your car and maybe the brace or maybe they can just pull it back to spec. hope it all goes well for ya though no matter what.. lata man...
Monday, January 02, 2006 2:05 PM
sorry man, but happy new year.

Monday, January 02, 2006 2:08 PM
Heres an update guys of exactly what damage was done.

Monday, January 02, 2006 6:06 PM
Well, they won't total it, knock on wood. Looks like a pretty easy fix. Good luck.

-Seth

Friday, January 13, 2006 3:19 PM
had one in my shop last week that was worse than that. put a chain round the core support hook it up to a tree and back up. it will pull it out. i hope everything goes well

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search