Good bye J-body - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Good bye J-body
Saturday, January 28, 2006 1:03 PM
Well after much consideration, Im done with all GM cars. The last 3 that i have owned have gven me problems at low mileage. Right now on my cavy i have 53,000 miles and my manual tranny is starting to go and i have replaced my axles 3 times already. I work on airplanes all day, and i dont feel like working on cars much anymore. So Im moving to acura. Im getting a 2006 TSX which has to be the sweetest car around. Later guys.

Re: Good bye J-body
Saturday, January 28, 2006 1:18 PM
Later Steve-O... Good luck

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Saturday, January 28, 2006 1:40 PM
the new generation of gm cars is coming to own your acuras.

but thanks for hanging with us.

AkA joe m.

Ricer ELIMINATOR!
Saturday, January 28, 2006 3:21 PM
VERY NICE choice! I heart the TSX as well as the new TL's ...

enjoy it but I know I dont have to tell you that

Team Altered Car Club

Saturday, January 28, 2006 5:54 PM
Learn how to drive better and maybe you won't break things so much. The Acura's low torque may not be able to break axles.
Saturday, January 28, 2006 6:52 PM
giovanhalen wrote:Learn how to drive better and maybe you won't break things so much. The Acura's low torque may not be able to break axles.

youre an ass and an idiot
the tsx has more torque than his cavy to start
and to assume its his fault @!#$ breaks all the time is retarded
that and all you do is bash anything non-gm

Saturday, January 28, 2006 8:06 PM
if you dont let the car get broken in the right way your going to have proplems with it. when someone goes out and buys and brand new car and starts raceing it around and beating the crap out of it its going to be messed up and have alot of proplems. i hear for the first 1000 miles you shouldint even take the car on the highway and at 1000 miles change the oil also.

Saturday, January 28, 2006 9:19 PM
themarin8r wrote:
giovanhalen wrote:Learn how to drive better and maybe you won't break things so much. The Acura's low torque may not be able to break axles.

Although the TSX does have 160 lb ft of torque as opposed to the Cavaliers 150, it also weighs 700 lbs more than the Cavalier , so yes, it does pose less of a chance to break an axle and for that reason I agree with giovanhalen about Steve-O's careless driving.

OBJECTS ON MIRROR ARE FORDS AND HONDAS
Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:16 AM
Steve-O wrote:Well after much consideration, Im done with all GM cars. The last 3 that i have owned have gven me problems at low mileage. Right now on my cavy i have 53,000 miles and my manual tranny is starting to go and i have replaced my axles 3 times already. I work on airplanes all day, and i dont feel like working on cars much anymore. So Im moving to acura. Im getting a 2006 TSX which has to be the sweetest car around. Later guys.

i hear you man i am moving onto an 06 wrx because my sunfire has given my problems and it only has 6k miles. good luck with that i love the tsx a good friend of mine has one and he is 18 and he loves it.

Monday, January 30, 2006 8:10 PM
themarin8r wrote:

You are a pussy for calling people names over the internet!! My assumption is a fairly good one ,since if his @!#$ breaks all the time it is his fault. What do you think it is my fault? I have an IQ in the upper 2% of the population ,so your assumuption is the retarded one. You are also a LIAR by saying all I do is bash anything non-gm, since that is a false statement. See I state facts and good assumptions and you LIE and make retarded assumptions and call people names taht you don't know anything about. I was trying to help the guy out by pointing out that he could keep from breaking parts by driving more carefully and skillfully.
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:05 AM
the TL woulda been better

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:31 AM
Quote:

...i have replaced my axles 3 times already...

if you keep spinning you tire when steering is turn this will append even on your acura

Quote:

...Right now on my cavy i have 53,000 miles and my manual tranny is starting to go...

well must be a result of all that spinning.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:25 AM
TSX eh? Sounds like a plan. Good luck.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 4:41 PM
Well Steve-O, I have 3 GM cars.
a 95 cavalier, 98 Bonneville and a 2004 Silhouette. I would not trade them for your Acura.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:58 PM
Who cares, its a good upgrade from a cavy.

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 9:20 PM
drew k wrote:Who cares, its a good upgrade from a cavy.

$27K and gas mileage below 30mpg, way to upgrade.
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:25 PM
Eviltec Art wrote:
themarin8r wrote:

Although the TSX does have 160 lb ft of torque as opposed to the Cavaliers 150, it also weighs 700 lbs more than the Cavalier , so yes, it does pose less of a chance to break an axle and for that reason I agree with giovanhalen about Steve-O's careless driving.

That is just plain dumb, the more a car weighs the more strain is put on the drive-train.

giovanhalen wrote:You are a pussy for calling people names over the internet!!

Hahaha, you really aren't that smart, are you?

giovanhalen wrote:My assumption is a fairly good one ,since if his @!#$ breaks all the time it is his fault. What do you think it is my fault?

Just because it breaks a lot doesn't mean it's his fault. Just plain bad logic.

giovanhalen wrote:I have an IQ in the upper 2% of the population ,so your assumuption is the retarded one. You are also a LIAR by saying all I do is bash anything non-gm, since that is a false statement.

If you are in the top 2% I must be as smart as Stephen Hawking.

giovanhalen wrote:See I state facts and good assumptions and you LIE and make retarded assumptions and call people names taht you don't know anything about.

There is no such thing as a "good assumption". It's funny because you are basically calling Steve-O a bad driver, yet you know nothing about him. How ironic.

giovanhalen wrote:I was trying to help the guy out by pointing out that he could keep from breaking parts by driving more carefully and skillfully.

You don't know how he drives.

giovanhalen wrote:$27K and gas mileage below 30mpg, way to upgrade.

The Lamborghini Murcielago gets 13mpg and costs and costs around $300K. Man that would be a downgrade from a cavalier too!

sanddemon wrote:Well Steve-O, I have 3 GM cars.
a 95 cavalier, 98 Bonneville and a 2004 Silhouette. I would not trade them for your Acura.

Wow, look, nobody gives a $hit.
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:34 PM
blackNAcavie wrote:the new generation of gm cars is coming to own your acuras.

but thanks for hanging with us.

that's funny. personally, I see GM going under pretty quick.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, February 04, 2006 5:31 PM
Bigj480, I do know something about steve-O, unless he is lying he has replaced axles 3 times in 53,000 miles. Therefore I believe I am making a good assumption when I assume he is not a very good driver or else he is trying to break the axles. You are right that a heavier car would be more likely to break an axle, given axles of equal strength. I didn't say the Acura was a downgrade, I said way to upgrade. More money, less mpg, and a car that isn't much more powerful. The Lambo is quite a bit different category than an Acura TSX or Chevy cavalier. I don't think any of us can afford a Lambo. My IQ is a fact.

Giovanhalen:call people names that you don't know anything about.

Bigj480:It's funny because you are basically calling Steve-O a bad driver, yet you know nothing about him. How ironic.

It is not ironic because I never called Steve-O names.
Saturday, February 04, 2006 9:32 PM
I agree that having to replace axles 3 times is a bit excessive, but before you start pointing fingers you should know all of the facts. Maybe the dealership was screwing it up when they install it. Also, the axles shouldn't be the first thing to go in a quality car IMO, that's just a poor design. Especially in a relatively stock car. You're right, you did say "way to upgrade", but it is obvious you were being sarcastic.

There is a 2mpg difference, if he drives 30k miles a year it will cost him about $2.50 more a week in gas to drive the acura.

'06 tsx = 22/31mpg
'02 cavalier = 24/33mpg

The 4 cyl tsx= 200 hp, 166 ft lbs and the cav 2.2 ohv= 115 hp, 136 ft lbs. What would it take to get to 200 hp in the cav without N2O? More than just bolt-ons.

The acura is safer.--- Safety Ratings: cav 4-4-1-2-4 = 3 avg, tsx 5-5-5-4-4 = 4.6 avg

The acura is rated more valueble in it's class: TSX=9, Cav=3.5

I'm not saying that the TSX is the best choice, I would probably take 30+ different cars before that one, but it isn't any worse than buying a cav.

I'm also very sorry for stating that you called steve-O or anyone else names, I was OBVIOUSLY wrong.....
giovanhalen wrote: LEARN HOW TO DRIVE BETTER and maybe you won't break things so much.

giovanhalen wrote:YOU ARE A PUSSY for calling people names over the internet!!

Sunday, February 05, 2006 1:19 AM
For those of you guys who don't think the TSX would be a better choice than a Cav... have you every BEEN INSIDE ONE???? Have you ever even driven one?

I just got a Honda Accord v6 6-speed, it hauls and is friggin sweet from the inside, even without being the luxury model. The TSX is pretty much a luxurified accord, in fact the TSX is marketed as the Accord 'Euro-R ' in Europe... and it is quite a nice car... nowhere in the same league or class as a cavalier or sunfire.

I would directly compare the TSX to the Pontiac G-6 or the Cadillac (CTS?). The j-body does well for what it is supposed to do, for the market that it is supposed to target, but it is NOWHERE in the same class as the TSX when it comes to sheer joy of driving. Insane to compare them... apples and friggin champagne.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 7:33 AM
personally not an import type person...i work as a chevy sales consultant...but enjoy your new ride....

i beat the piss out of my 04 lssport puttin 35,000 miles on in a year..no complaints as of yet except brakes...

now if i do ever have a problem i going all out on a trailblazer ss. i know my post makes no sense but neither do I..

TSX nice ride but did you check out an impala ss..you could probably get into one for about 28k with heated leather and nicely equipped...just wondering?

Sunday, February 05, 2006 3:33 PM

I'm also very sorry for stating that you called steve-O or anyone else names, I was OBVIOUSLY wrong.....

giovanhalen wrote:

LEARN HOW TO DRIVE BETTER and maybe you won't break things so much.

giovanhalen wrote:

YOU ARE A PUSSY for calling people names over the internet!!

I said I never called Steve-O names and I didn't ,so you are WRONG!!! Can you accept that or are you perfect? I called the marin8r a pussy, only because he earned it by calling me names over the internet. A new $27k Acura TSX should be better than an old 2.2 Cav that cost $10,000 new. As far as which would break axles easier there are too many things to consider( I was just ragging on the guy for coming on here comparing a new Acura to an old cavy) axle strength,number and size of splines, ring and pinion gear ratio,first gear ratio,clutch diameter,vehicle weight and distribution,overall wheel diameter and tire width, lauch rpm, clutch technique, etc. An engine can have more torque than another and put less to the wheels due to the diameter of the clutch. Larger diameter having a greater mechanical advantage.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search