Saying goodbye to my 05 fire and jbody.org - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saying goodbye to my 05 fire and jbody.org
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:16 PM
i honestly am not happy with this car. i just bought it brand new 6 months ago, but am in the process of finishing off the bank work. i finished paying off this car in 6 months time, and i am only 17. With the tranny making noises, power sterring failing twice in under 6k miles, the drunk driver running my of the road and doing major suspension damage that cost me over $1,000 to fix, and it is still not right, and the not-so-great service that i got from both pontiac dealers.

In its place will be a brand new 206 Subaru Wrx TR. Upgrades fo that car that are already sitting in the garage is an $1,100 turbo back exhaust (downpipe, catback), and a $600 cobb accessport. So after the 500 mile break in i will be a cobb stage 2 wrx pushing around 305 hp and 350 torque.

I enjoyed this website, but i needed a better/faster car that will take my to college. Thanks for all of your help guys. i will miss jbody.org

-Adam

Re: Saying goodbye to my 05 fire and jbody.org
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:26 PM
sorry to here you go

just out of curiosity, how did ur power steerign pump blow? did you hold it at full lock?

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 6:23 PM
any more info or links to the stage 2 upgrade to get a '06 wrx to those numbers... my girlfriend has a white 06 wrx tr with hks exhuast and blitz intake.. im lookin to give it more power thou

-marc

..smacked the whine right outa the bltch..
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 6:53 PM
Adam Radford wrote:i finished paying off this car in 6 months time, and i am only 17.

-Adam

ok show off, we didnt need to know that part

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 6:57 PM
Machzel08 wrote:sorry to here you go

just out of curiosity, how did ur power steerign pump blow? did you hold it at full lock?

No the first time it was in the snow i was not pushing it ahrd at all. took it in they said it was jsut faulty, 2nd time i jsut happened backing down the driveway(yes weird i know) so who knows why it happend twice.

illd9 wrote:any more info or links to the stage 2 upgrade to get a '06 wrx to those numbers... my girlfriend has a white 06 wrx tr with hks exhuast and blitz intake.. im lookin to give it more power thou

yeah just search google for it or go to a local reputable shop and they can probably get it for you. the price for the cobb accesspoint is $575 but at stage 2 you show get around 45-50 WHP gain from a stage 2 map here is a picture

try cobbtuning.com

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 7:00 PM
OK bye

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 7:37 PM
dont let the door hit you on the way out...jk later man...hope you dont have the mechanical trouble in the WRX as you did in ur fire and the honda...
Thursday, January 26, 2006 10:47 AM
cya. btw im 22 and paid off my car in 5 years just in case everybody wanted to know.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:17 AM
If you are able to "afford" a WRX-TR in less then a year after getting a brand new 05 Sunfire, then why did you go for the Sunfire instead of the WRX initially? The WRX and Sunfire are in two totally different categories. Also, dealerships are dealerships. They won't treat you any better at another one. Their goal is to sell cars and charge you an arm and a leg for repairs. The repair costs won't be any better on a car that you are obviously going to putting a lot of performance on. So it doesn't really make sense . .

Anyways, sorry to see you go. I want a WRX :-( lol
Friday, January 27, 2006 7:16 AM
My dad could pay off my car for me in 6 months too if he wanted too.... So Ha! Im cooler!

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Friday, January 27, 2006 2:51 PM
What's a WRX TR?

Yeah I could go to Subaru's website, but I would rather someone tell me

Rob

Sold 2/2/05

Friday, January 27, 2006 3:22 PM
It's actually WRX T.R.O= The Retarded One.

OBJECTS ON MIRROR ARE FORDS AND HONDAS
Friday, January 27, 2006 4:17 PM
thugn$ wrote:
Adam Radford wrote:i finished paying off this car in 6 months time, and i am only 17.

-Adam

Who cares about how long it took you're parents to pay you're car off...

Friday, January 27, 2006 4:54 PM
like anyone gives a @!#$.

Bomex03Cavalier (1CAV2NV) wrote:
thugn$ wrote:

-Adam

i paid cash for my car. who cares.

Friday, January 27, 2006 5:54 PM
I bought mine nearly new, sooo I couldn't pay with cash

Friday, January 27, 2006 7:29 PM
I remember when you first posted here, you were complaining about the sunfire from day one.

All you would post about is the WRX STI.

Listen I woulda saved a few bucks and got one of the last 05 SRT-4's and dropped 3k into it. My buddies pushing 300hp and 335tq out of his 05 SRT-4 pushing 17PSI of boost and he takes STI's both from a rolling run and a dead stop run. im sure hes got em in the quarter mile as well. The car was alot cheaper to build too.

And guess what, im 21 and I cant afford one. I also am half way done paying off my cavalier and its been nothing but great so whoop dee doo.
Friday, January 27, 2006 8:01 PM
REDGOTE (ROBZ IL CAV) wrote:What's a WRX TR?

Yeah I could go to Subaru's website, but I would rather someone tell me

Rob

TR is for "tuner ready", more info.

Friday, January 27, 2006 8:04 PM
wow im still on jbo...and my car isnt paid off...and i am staying...

sad story

j/k...

Saturday, January 28, 2006 12:43 AM
Yeah I can barely make my minimum loan payment every month on my 03ls sport. How could you afford to pay it off that fast? ::cough::drug dealer::cough::

Saturday, January 28, 2006 6:25 AM
paying it completely off was a horrible Idea, if hes trading it in to subaru, that means he wasted thousands of dollars. Taking two or 3 grand in negative equaty on a trade in is much less expensive then paying a car off (that he used for like 6 months)before trading it in.
Saturday, January 28, 2006 8:51 AM
Rob Smith wrote:paying it completely off was a horrible Idea, if hes trading it in to subaru, that means he wasted thousands of dollars. Taking two or 3 grand in negative equaty on a trade in is much less expensive then paying a car off (that he used for like 6 months)before trading it in.

so true...i didnt even think of that...

Saturday, January 28, 2006 9:08 AM
Jokr wrote:like anyone gives a @!#$.

Bomex03Cavalier (1CAV2NV) wrote:
thugn$ wrote:

-Adam

i paid cash for my car. who cares.

same, i bought a brand new cavalier in cash....and im only 19 but who cares?

Saturday, January 28, 2006 6:01 PM
Who will he blame when he wrecks the WRX another drunk driver? Funny I been driving for 34 years and never had anyone cause me to run my car off the road!
Saturday, January 28, 2006 6:11 PM
^^^ Cops run drug dealers off the road all the time.

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:11 AM
you are right... i have been complaining about the fire from day 1. i honestly was never happy with it. My dad pretty much forced this car on me after the civic spun rod bearing. The reason he forced me onto another car that only costed 11k was because tyhats what he thought i could afford monthly payments on. At that point i was making between 800-1000 a month and the car payment was only $160. Recently in the past month i picked up a 2nd job that will become my fulltime job once summer hits. It pays $20 an hour and i am only 17. I do many differnt things for this small business that created and matains compliance software for OSHA and dot for businesses. I enjoy it alot. So now that i make 4 times what i did before the new job, i can easily pay off the car and trade it in. My fathers only rule is for me to pay it off before i trade the car in. I know that the drunk driver ran me off the road because he ran after i went over the curb. he busted through 2 red lights and jumped on the highway before i had a chance to even realize what had happened. i got nearly sideways so i couldnt even see the dude unitl he was through the red lights to get a plate #. I know 2 guys that own both great local shops that can help me with this wrx. Now about adding all this "performance stuff" to the car and warrenty blah blah blah. 1. the exhaust wont void the warrenty until for some weird reason it messes up the turbo or who knows what in which ill just slap a bigger one on. 2. the cobb accesspoint that flashes the ecu with different maps can EASILY with a touch of a button flash the ecu back to stock then you just unplug it and the dealer will never know it was there. Great +40 hp adder if you ask me. I would not go out and buy a car that was twice the cost of the sunfire if i know i could hardly afford it. My dad had no money in on either of these cars, just a signature for the loan. I pay the monthly payments, i pay the matenence, and fixes on the cars, not my dad. But doubleing my horse power, going awd and throwning a turbo in there sounds a lot better than running a 140 hp car that had already given my trouble and its stock. On top of all that i have always loved wrx's/STi's and its my affordable dream car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search