Saying goodbye to my 05 fire and jbody.org - Page 2 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Saying goodbye to my 05 fire and jbody.org
Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:13 AM
Rob Smith wrote:I remember when you first posted here, you were complaining about the sunfire from day one.

All you would post about is the WRX STI.

Listen I woulda saved a few bucks and got one of the last 05 SRT-4's and dropped 3k into it. My buddies pushing 300hp and 335tq out of his 05 SRT-4 pushing 17PSI of boost and he takes STI's both from a rolling run and a dead stop run. im sure hes got em in the quarter mile as well. The car was alot cheaper to build too.

And guess what, im 21 and I cant afford one. I also am half way done paying off my cavalier and its been nothing but great so whoop dee doo.

also on the SRT-4 i honeslt did consider it, but i have a friend of mine and she bought a brand new black 05 srt-4 and before the hit 2K on the odometer 2nd and 3rd gear went out. with 1500 miles on the car. another friend who was jsut running nirtous everything else was stock went thorught 5 trannys in 3 months time. if there wasnt so many problems i would like to go with srt-4 but im not a fan of dodges @!#$ty quality.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:19 AM
Quote:

also on the SRT-4 i honeslt did consider it, but i have a friend of mine and she bought a brand new black 05 srt-4 and before the hit 2K on the odometer 2nd and 3rd gear went out. with 1500 miles on the car. another friend who was jsut running nirtous everything else was stock went thorught 5 trannys in 3 months time. if there wasnt so many problems i would like to go with srt-4 but im not a fan of dodges @!#$ty quality.
nother friend who was jsut running nirtous everything else was stock went thorught 5 trannys in 3 months time

WELL DUH! Im guessing that was user error

Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:22 AM
Roscoe wrote:
Quote:

nother friend who was jsut running nirtous everything else was stock went thorught 5 trannys in 3 months time

WELL DUH! Im guessing that was user error

lol yes i could tell you his set-up but he was not to smart. i believe before the got smart he was running 150 short direct port give me a bit and all show you guys the set-up lol

Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:26 AM
the kid is crazy.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:58 AM
so that doesnt make the SRT crap. And I seriously hate the @!#$ car....

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 4:53 PM
If this keeps up Japan will be the capital of the U.S.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:12 PM
Bro, i am warning you right now as bad as you think the sunfire was wrx's are horrible, you'll get 50,000 mi outta it an it will die. The subaru engines can't take the turbo, i sell parts for these all the time and people insist in dropping more money in when they keep breaking. Look else where bro. I'm not knocking your choice, just looking out for you.
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 9:15 AM
Devin Coakley wrote:Bro, i am warning you right now as bad as you think the sunfire was wrx's are horrible, you'll get 50,000 mi outta it an it will die. The subaru engines can't take the turbo, i sell parts for these all the time and people insist in dropping more money in when they keep breaking. Look else where bro. I'm not knocking your choice, just looking out for you.

they are supposed to be reliable how can the stock motor not take 15 psi if it is drivin fine for daily driving.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:38 AM
avoid the 2.0 block. Go straight for an STI, or get a 2.5RS. You'll appreciate the low end torque.

TR = tuner ready. It's a no frills WRX, or 2.5RS no options, and minimal stereo, thus "Tuner Ready"

You also must realise that more expensive cars have higher maintanence costs as Devin said. A4 owners will tell you after 40,000 expect at minimum 1K+ in maintanence a year. The same goes for the majority of turbo vehicles.

If I had been making 4K a month at your age I'd move out of the house first then get a car.

The sunfire is a fine automobile. If you had major suspension damage it would have been more than 1K to fix.

If your making as much money as you say you are a smarter decision would be to buy a used STI. Also invest and save some of that money, and move out of your parents house. By your calculations(4x1000 = 4K a month) your making as much as I am a month, and I can't afford a WRX after I put away savings, rent, med and dental insurance, and my 401K.

Heck, throw some of that money in your parents direction, they'll appricate it seeing as they can't write you off on their taxes anymore.

-Chris

Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:24 AM
All I smell in this post is BS... Sorry.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:56 AM
IamRascal wrote:avoid the 2.0 block. Go straight for an STI, or get a 2.5RS. You'll appreciate the low end torque.

TR = tuner ready. It's a no frills WRX, or 2.5RS no options, and minimal stereo, thus "Tuner Ready"

You also must realise that more expensive cars have higher maintanence costs as Devin said. A4 owners will tell you after 40,000 expect at minimum 1K+ in maintanence a year. The same goes for the majority of turbo vehicles.

If I had been making 4K a month at your age I'd move out of the house first then get a car.

The sunfire is a fine automobile. If you had major suspension damage it would have been more than 1K to fix.

If your making as much money as you say you are a smarter decision would be to buy a used STI. Also invest and save some of that money, and move out of your parents house. By your calculations(4x1000 = 4K a month) your making as much as I am a month, and I can't afford a WRX after I put away savings, rent, med and dental insurance, and my 401K.

Heck, throw some of that money in your parents direction, they'll appricate it seeing as they can't write you off on their taxes anymore.

The 06 wrx block is 2.5 not a 2.0. I am fine with a little bit more expensive maintanence costs. With the money i do/make i still lvie with my parents because i am still a senior in highschool, next year i am going to college so i dont ahve to worry about paying for a palce to live during college since it will be on campus. i am going into pre-med. so i will spend my money on things i can enjoy.
"and I can't afford a WRX after I put away savings, rent, med and dental insurance, and my 401K." well i dont ahve to worry about rent, med, dental, and 401k non of those i ahve to wory about it.
I would buy a used STi but the only one wirht buying is the 05 the 04 has to many thigns that were upgraded in 05 that are worth it. A brand new STi is 10k more than a brand new wrx.
and if you think its bs give it time and i will get pics up in the coming month

Thursday, February 02, 2006 1:14 PM
lol wow u guys are harsh. he obviously worked his ass off to pay it off in that time either that or he got money from elsewhere. Hes not looking for everyone to kiss his ass.. im 19 and i have 2 Z24's and a new quad, all i paid cash for and all i bought myself
Anyway goodluck with the wrx but should of just got what you wanted in the first place even if you had to save a little bit longer.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 1:55 PM
Brandon Schmidt wrote:lol wow u guys are harsh. he obviously worked his ass off to pay it off in that time either that or he got money from elsewhere. Hes not looking for everyone to kiss his ass.. im 19 and i have 2 Z24's and a new quad, all i paid cash for and all i bought myself
Anyway goodluck with the wrx but should of just got what you wanted in the first place even if you had to save a little bit longer.

congrats, cavs cost next to nothing

Thursday, February 02, 2006 2:50 PM
I just want to add another comment.

Don't go blowing all your money on a car. You're 17 years old and pretty soon you're going to have to be on your own and pay a lot more bills.

I'm 22 years old, making $1,600 a month, and I can safely manage my $330 a month car payment. I'm still living with my parents, but I have a lot of bills to pay. Cell phone, credit cards, insurance, tv bill, etc.

I can't imagine what your insurance is going to skyrocket to when you buy the WRX. I don't care if you have insurance with your parents or not, you're probably going to be getting a $200 a month payment being 17 years old. You have NO driving record (maybe 2 years max, doesn't count as good driving record), and the bank when you take the loan out to finance the car will require you to get full coverage.

Don't dig yourself a hole you can't get out of, you can easily lose your job just as soon as you got it. Just saying be careful......that's all.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:11 PM
Brandon Schmidt wrote:lol wow u guys are harsh. he obviously worked his ass off to pay it off in that time either that or he got money from elsewhere. Hes not looking for everyone to kiss his ass.. im 19 and i have 2 Z24's and a new quad, all i paid cash for and all i bought myself

Wow thank you. you are right i did and still do work my ass off for a car that i have wanted ever sicne i have first enjoyed cars. I work 2 jobs go to school and run varsity track as a captian. I usually dont get home until 10pm everynight and leave every morning at around 6:30.I would ahve gotten waht i wanted in teh frist place, but i needed a car ASAP because the motor blew in the civic and i did not ahve a car to get me from a to b every day. otherwise i could avhe saved longer and bought it.

RoNuS20 wrote:I just want to add another comment.

Don't go blowing all your money on a car. You're 17 years old and pretty soon you're going to have to be on your own and pay a lot more bills.

I'm 22 years old, making $1,600 a month, and I can safely manage my $330 a month car payment. I'm still living with my parents, but I have a lot of bills to pay. Cell phone, credit cards, insurance, tv bill, etc.

I can't imagine what your insurance is going to skyrocket to when you buy the WRX. I don't care if you have insurance with your parents or not, you're probably going to be getting a $200 a month payment being 17 years old. You have NO driving record (maybe 2 years max, doesn't count as good driving record), and the bank when you take the loan out to finance the car will require you to get full coverage.

Don't dig yourself a hole you can't get out of, you can easily lose your job just as soon as you got it. Just saying be careful......that's all.

when i go to college i really wont do much in the way of a job unless its on the weekend to take care of the car payment. My parents will help out with the rest because like 99% of college kids they are almost always broke lol. When you say i will be on my own "pretty soon" isnt really true since i will be in college another decade for med school lol so i wont have to worry about living on my own and worrying about all the expenses for quite some time. by the time i get out of college and start worring about all the normal living expenses i will need a new car anyways sicne that will be 10 years old. I jsut think since i only lvie once why not ahve a car i can enjoy through college. and my parents take care of my insurance... not me, and the loan will be signed in my dads name since i am not 18 yet an in kansas you have to be 18 to have a credit history. and nobody would be dumb enouf not to get full coverage on a brand new $25k car.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:19 PM
Damn, i wish my parents would pay for everything for me. i've been paying for myself since i was 16...

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:07 PM
wow i wish mommy and daddy paid everything for me 2!!!
Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:55 PM
IamRascal wrote:avoid the 2.0 block. Go straight for an STI, or get a 2.5RS. You'll appreciate the low end torque.

If you want torque buy a GTO. I would really suggest you drive a GTO and then drive a WRX before you decide. Subaru's are known for clutch problems.
Friday, February 03, 2006 5:08 AM
Hooray for the 17-year olds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday, February 03, 2006 7:15 AM
Oh ok, so now I better understand the situation, and for this I will have to say:

The Redneck wrote:Damn, i wish my parents would pay for everything for me. i've been paying for myself since i was 16...

and

ws6+04cav= FTW wrote:wow i wish mommy and daddy paid everything for me 2!!!

From your original post, you made it seem like you paid for everything, so naturally I was under the assumption that since you paid off the car (and you were only 17) that naturally your parents would make you pay your insurance and college also. Boy was I wrong.

Enjoy the life on easy street.

Friday, February 03, 2006 12:49 PM
Ya know, if my mom or friends cosigned with me on loans, maybe I would be able to a WRX, Lancer Ralley, etc. When you have a cosign, you're payments drop considerably since you are "less of a risk". I paid for my own cars down payment, and I'm just barely making ends meet when it comes to insurance and the car payment. See, I don't think it pisses me off that people like you get these kind of things handed to you, but rather its jealousy on my end cause if someone offered me an Evo, or something, I'd be all over it.

Like I said before though. it doesn't make sense that you or your dad would push for a Sunfire, when you could afford the WRX in the first place. Also, why would you have all these WRX performance parts in the first place if you didn't even own the car?? Maybe if you put that kind of money into your Sunfire, it would've ran better. My Cavy has 10K miles ont it now and I bought it brand new and I haven't had one single problem with it, and its in the midst of going through a winter as we speak. How come my brand new car isn't having as many as these problems as yours?

Friday, February 03, 2006 12:49 PM
Adam Radford wrote:

Wow thank you. you are right i did and still do work my ass off for a car that i have wanted ever sicne i have first enjoyed cars. I work 2 jobs go to school and run varsity track as a captian. I usually dont get home until 10pm everynight and leave every morning at around 6:30.I would ahve gotten waht i wanted in teh frist place, but i needed a car ASAP because the motor blew in the civic and i did not ahve a car to get me from a to b every day. otherwise i could avhe saved longer and bought it.

RoNuS20 wrote:I just want to add another comment.

when i go to college i really wont do much in the way of a job unless its on the weekend to take care of the car payment. My parents will help out with the rest because like 99% of college kids they are almost always broke lol. When you say i will be on my own "pretty soon" isnt really true since i will be in college another decade for med school lol so i wont have to worry about living on my own and worrying about all the expenses for quite some time. by the time i get out of college and start worring about all the normal living expenses i will need a new car anyways sicne that will be 10 years old. I jsut think since i only lvie once why not ahve a car i can enjoy through college. and my parents take care of my insurance... not me, and the loan will be signed in my dads name since i am not 18 yet an in kansas you have to be 18 to have a credit history. and nobody would be dumb enouf not to get full coverage on a brand new $25k car.
I'm sorry, all I see is BLAH!, BLAH, BLAH!, BLAH! from somebody who's on their way to college and can't write a decent paragraph without mispelling little words like "have",or "live", or "just" Jeez, leave already.

OBJECTS ON MIRROR ARE FORDS AND HONDAS
Saturday, February 04, 2006 2:13 PM
QUESTION! how does a 17 year old pay off a 05 sunfire in that short of time!?!?!!? my god man, where do u work too?? i got a 01 cav z24, and that took me a year, but i was paying for that out of my nose big time! thats just crazy, how you did that...

What the deuce?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/819414
Saturday, February 04, 2006 2:46 PM
Quote:

i wont have to worry about living on my own and worrying about all the expenses for quite some time

I dont understand how that can be the case, because I have to worry about all kind of expenses : groceries, rent, textbooks, etc.

If you make so much money or whatever, I would just save up and buy and STi....

By the way, it seems more like bad luck than the car.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 2:48 PM
Quote:

That made me laugh so hard reading that.. LOL. Wait till you get into the "real world", that little cell phone bill will be nothing..

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - My winter beater
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search