Deputy D-Styl3...tragic day :( - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Deputy D-Styl3...tragic day :(
Monday, February 13, 2006 11:20 AM
well i know this should be in the jack/wrecked forum but i dont see it on the list of forums...so move it if need be...

ok so today(2/13/06) i was coming home from class and im waiting to make a left turn to go home and the lady infront of me decided to not be paying attention and when the light turns green she sits there, im honking and when she decides to move her old ass, i get nailed from behind, pretty hard....and i was at a dead stop...heres the pics

and here is the bumper, gone!

so theres the pics, i had the guy call a police officer and a report was done up and i have all his information and he was charged with causing the accident and i gotta call his insurance company to get this sorted out, i really hop they total the car because i dont want to get it fixed it wont ever be the same...i have an appointment with a chiropracter today at 3 to make sure im good, bc i snapped my head into the seat pretty hard...

but there goes my hopes of airride, 20s, and i wanted to make it better than ashley beckers cav....and my buddy was just about to give me his airride setup off of his eclipse to save me some money...im pissed, but like i said im ok and its just a car, oh well...i guess thats how it goes

do u guys think the insurance company will total it?

if so, then i go lots of thing that will be going up for sale...

thanks for everyones support

Re: Deputy D-Styl3...tragic day :(
Monday, February 13, 2006 11:27 AM
That sucks. At least you are ok. I would say it is up to the adjuster to decide if it is a total loss.

I got dibbs on the skirts.

Monday, February 13, 2006 11:27 AM
that blows man, sorry to hear this

thankgod your alright

guess its time for a shaved lid....

Portage, MI
Monday, February 13, 2006 11:30 AM
Make over time!!!!
Sucks that it happened...but like they say...things happen for a reason...so i see something good and new for your ride in the future!!
Sory just trying to make something negatie that happened into something positive.

"All my life I have been trying to figure out who is behind this face of mine"

Monday, February 13, 2006 11:44 AM
It sucks man , it really does, i went through the same thing. But everything happens for a reason , maybe there is a better car, or cav out there for you. From what i notice on the org, you seem like a person who would never deserve something like that , but just keep in mind, everything happens for a reason.

I wish you the best of luck , let the police, and insurance take care of all of it.
Just keep your head up man .

Monday, February 13, 2006 11:48 AM
They may, or may not write it off. Sometimes they will go with value of the avarage car, and sometimes go with what you have put into it.....at least it works that way here.

My cardomain site
doublez@eastlink.ca
Monday, February 13, 2006 11:52 AM
thanks guys, id rather it be totalled bc it will never be there same, and ive been wanting something new for awhile, well im off to get my neck checked out, so thanks for everyones compassion and ill let u know what happens...

Monday, February 13, 2006 11:54 AM
The best thing is that you're OK.

I got dibs on that custom trunk!

I checked out Kelley Blue Book, as I'm assuming that is what the adjuster will most likely be using to appraise it. I entered in your zip, or at least what I found to be your zip. I put the mileage at 40,000, as they said average was 57,000.

Here is what I came up with:

Clicky

That is just a rough estimate, but I'm sure it won't fluctuate much more than that, remembering they could care less how much you put into the car.

Good luck man!

Monday, February 13, 2006 12:16 PM
That sux man, glad you are ok tho.

^^^That link doesn't work.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, February 13, 2006 12:21 PM
Clicky no worky.

Monday, February 13, 2006 2:23 PM
yeah, it doesnt work and the car has almost 69k on it, and i went to the chiropractor and im going to have to be making somemore visits over the next few weeks or so...basicaly i got some trouble spots that the docotor is concerned with and we wont know for sure til tomorrow after i see the x rays...

Monday, February 13, 2006 3:16 PM
Poopy, I guess it won't work...

Ok, so I got a price between $3,135 - $4,300 depending on how the rest of the car is.

It might be a plus if something is wrong with your back, as I'd hate to hear it though, but then you could really get some more money.

I'm such a shameless teenager...

Monday, February 13, 2006 3:48 PM
That really sucks man..Let me know if you part it out.

Monday, February 13, 2006 3:49 PM
thats alot more than i thought it was worth...anyways the cop estimated 2gs in damage for my whole rear and the guy who hit me at 1500, and only his front bumper on his honda needs to be replaced, anyone think thats a little effed up?

Monday, February 13, 2006 4:55 PM
His hood wasn't damaged at all? or the fenders? That's weird.

Did he say how fast he was going?

I got rear ended, but luckily I was moving and the bump wasn't hard. Luckily no damage either. I lucked out. I also hit my friend one night not paying attention and no damage done then either. Luck was on my side for both.

Monday, February 13, 2006 5:01 PM
i estimated around 20mph, but i tihnk it might have been faster and my docotor said if it was 20 then i was hit by 200 lbs of conrete force, but ill let u all know how im doing physically tomorrow...

Monday, February 13, 2006 5:15 PM
ouch man....hopefully your gonna be alright

i don't think the car will be totalled, looks mostly cosmetic to me

Monday, February 13, 2006 8:50 PM
sorry to hear that man, its a clean ride, but at least your ok thats the main thing.

its hard to say if there going to write it off, from the pics its an easy fix. here its a total loss. but you want it to be declared a total loss, and if you have luck like me you'll be like $5 under the damage limit and they will fix it.
good luck like someone said just let the cops and insurance deal with it.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Monday, February 13, 2006 10:07 PM
well im 95% sure that im going to get rid of it, im going to get out of the tuner scene and get a Colorado Xtreme...

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 1:47 PM
good luck
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 2:00 PM
so guys heres an update, my neck is straight and not curved like it should be and my lower lumbar area looks like the leaning tower of pisa, by my spine is curved properly, so i will be in theropy for the next 2 months or so...

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 2:59 PM
Just make sure you do not settle. They will try to win you over with what seems like good money, but it is not enough. Make sure you get a lawyer.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search