Sideswiped - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sideswiped
Friday, March 03, 2006 12:39 PM

I was turning right into a driveway to drop my girlfriend off at work. Well this dumb %!*#% was in my right side blind spot and bounced off my fender. that black stuff on my car is her tire dressing, and it wiped off

Then to top it off I'M AT FAULT!!!. The cop said that the law is interrpeted in a way that basically says if 1 lane is wide enough to accomidate 2 cars, the car on the inside has the right of way.

I had been calm, cool and colleced up to that point. I lost it then. I wanted to know why she was not being ticketed for following to close (she told the cop she could not see my tail lights), passing on the right or failure to control her vehicle to advoid the accident. all legit questions in my mind, but because I used "colorful" language, the cop told me to calm down or be arrested for being beligerent to a police officer. So i shut up, and let it go. getting the last work was not worth staying the day in jail.

I've talked with 2 accident lawers already. They say I am at fault, so no sence in trying to fight te ticket. BUT she is liable, so I can win if she files a civil lawsuit.

The damage cost:
$50 - alighment (tow was off by -3 degree's)
??? - New rim (will do it next check)
Free - Tire rebalenced (off by -0.5 oz)
$125 - paintless dent repair
$130 - drivers ed (to get out of the $225 "improper movement" ticket)

Re: Sideswiped
Sunday, March 05, 2006 5:53 PM
so uh...you were turning right...from the left lane...yea that might be why you got the ticket.

Sunday, March 05, 2006 10:51 PM
No, It was a single lane but wide enough for 2 cars. The girl behind me was trying to squeese between me and the sidewalk

Monday, March 06, 2006 1:10 PM
Yeah then it should have been her fault. You should have told the cop you wanted his supervisor to come down and look at the scene cause you doubted his ability to judge the accident and the road. He would have had to have called him and at that time it would have been found to be her fault. As it is now that you've been writen a ticket for it your screwed. The cop found YOU at fault and she can sue you for damage as its now YOUR fault.

Good luck I hope this turns out ok for you but I bet shes already got a claim in with your insurence company.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, March 20, 2006 6:57 PM
You didn't mention signaling; did you use your blinker? It sounds to me like it's your fault. I'm not suggesting that a safe driver would try to pass on the right hand side. But I am saying that if you slowed down without signaling, I don't see why she wouldn't go by you. And even if you did signal, you should be aware of the cars around you. Keep in mind, you were the one changing direction when the accident occured.

Regardless, if 2 lawyers and a cop find you at fault, it's probably time to man up and do what you need to do to take care of the situation. Talk about lawsuits is ridiculous. I'm not suggesting that there couldn't be one, but from the pictures of the car, it doesn't look like it was violent enough to warrant a serious lawsuit. It's not a big deal. It's why you have insuarance.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:29 AM
I'm pretty sure its illegal to pass on the right side in any cicumstances so i dunno?

Saturday, March 25, 2006 5:39 PM
Yeah i was under that impression as well.

It doesnt matter how @!#$ wide a one lane road is, its still a one lane road.

Monday, March 27, 2006 7:39 AM
^^^^^^ Exactly what I was thinking, I would be pissed if I were you DeadBob.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:46 PM
thats why i hate phoenix! sorry man, you should get wayne brady to slap a bitch!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search