Crappy Monday in the JINXed Cavalier - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Crappy Monday in the JINXed Cavalier
Monday, March 27, 2006 9:23 PM
Okay, so the 2003 I've got has been under construction for some time...pretty much since 2004 (I bought it new in 03 from the dealer, but tried to be patient on modding it).

So far, the cars list of mods is only surpassed by the jinx that is upon it. I started with an interior swap, full 4 door Sunfire interior from a 2002. Very cool mod, but my "Interior guy" (had been a good friend for about 12 years at the time) did the swap for me over a weekend, but never really finished. He has apirations of 'Glassing the doors and dash, leaving them only partially assembled for easy later emovel. Yeah, it never happened.

Year later I made a trade with a friend trying to rebuild a car, a wrecked front end of and 2003, white one in fact (same as mine). The customer pushed upthe due date on it and needed it 4 days sooner then my friend could finish, so I traded him my painted (finished) hood, bumper, and fenders so he could get done. In trade I got the eyelids molded into my hood and shaved taillights on the trunklid.

Next I got tired of the 3rd brakelight in the back window (on the rear deck) and decided to get an Avalanche 3rd barkelight molded into the trunk. Another friend helped me do the work, but never got to finish it before he took a new fulltime job and abandoned my project. So now I had a whole in my trunklid that nearly matched up with an Avalanche brakelight. Looked nice from afar, but wasn't complete.

Then soon after quitting my job at Street Beat Customs to go over to Sport Compact Only I got clipped on my way home from work. Not alot of damage, but messed up my driver's fender, mirror and some of the door panel. The good news is that the insuranc paid off the damages and I bought a bodykit and new fenders. Never got them installed yet though, cause I had aspiration to make them into a widebody kit. So I drove with a dinged fender, no front bumper (I sold it thinking I'd have my kit on rather soon), and no mirror. Few weeks later the alignment was so knocked off that my front tires wore out almost within 2 weeks. So I had a blow out, and my great wife took it as a good time to get me new wheels and tires, since the tire with the blow out bent.

Now I have a bodykit in storage, fenders being widened into a widebody kit, and beautiful 19" wheels and tires that I love.

Then some Illegal aliens from my neighborhood decided THEY wanted my car more then me, and tried to steal it. First though they emptied it out of all the parts and pieces I had been saving to install, like Power Windows, new billet pedals, e-brake, and floor plates, my IS300 trunklid lights I was gonna use as taillights, and $800 of damage to the steering column. So I got the column replaced, and found they also stole the new locking lugnut keys to my new wheels.

I figured I'd leave the wheels on, with the "locking lugnuts" as bait, and got my "Interior guy" to install an alarm with tilt sensors and percussion sensors. So when they came back to steal the wheels, they'd trip the alarm and I'd Catch them.

Well, just like the rest of my interior, my "interior guy" left it unfinished, but promised "to get to it soon". Christmas Eve morning I go out to find my car on a jack with a whel missing, along with 2 other jacks scattered on the ground. They only got one, but had planned on more.

Now, several months later, when things are going "Good" again, prgressing towards my car getting finished, more luck strikes....and not the good kind.

On my way to work I'm on the freeway, as usual when traffic starts to stop. I stop to match, and an S-10 behind me DOESN'T and smashes into my back end.

So after spending the day in the hospital with a hurt neck and back, looking over my car at the tow yard, and otherwise feeling bummed about the whole situation, I'm waiting to see if the guy that hit me has insurance. You see, the cop took care of most of all the paperwork etc., while I was strapped to a back board. So I had little contact with the "assailant" who hit me.

So Hopefully the damage is repairable...but if not its the end of my modifying days for some time.

I'll still stick around though if I do get a new car (prolly a Rio Cinco from Kia, its inexpensive but drivable.) I still plan on helping make new product available for customizers, especially my J-body friends, through my friends new business Millar Auto Designs. So I will keep you updated.

My Car Domain

Re: Crappy Monday in the JINXed Cavalier
Monday, March 27, 2006 9:39 PM
that sucks

Monday, March 27, 2006 9:42 PM
Damn bro! Hope you are alright

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)
Monday, March 27, 2006 9:50 PM
dam man that sucks

hope your alright

and that your cav doesnt get molestered , tell you get back to it

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:57 AM
jeez, Man

Let me know what you want me and Buzz to do with your free stuff - if you no longer can use it for one of your cars, we'll sell them for you and send you the cash (or send you the parts for you to sell).

I'm really sorry to hear this - I would probably still be bawling if it were me.

Let us know what we can do to help,

Steve

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:58 AM
That soooooo blows.........., hope your alright

when will you find out about your insurance ??

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:03 PM
I first have to find out if the insurance that the other driver gave the cops was real or not... so far they can't find the guys info. If his insurance is phoney then my insurance will look at the car tomorrow to determine the next course of action.

My Car Domain
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:40 PM
awww F^ck that! That sucks! if i can do anything let me know

Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:42 PM
**Update**

I took off my 19's and eyelidded hood, now just gotta find someone to swap a 60/40 rear seat with me so my recovered seat doen't go to the junkyard.

My Car Domain
Friday, March 31, 2006 1:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear that man, I know the feeling all to well. Good luck brother

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where
they're going and hook up with them later." RIP Mitch Hedberg
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:28 PM
**Update**

The car is dead!!

Now to gut my stuff out and sell it all off...no more modding for awhile.

My Car Domain

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:43 AM
ouch sorry man! so what are you going to do now? new car if so what kind?

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:06 PM
**New Update**

Car Is Gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wo now I gotta wade through all the hassle to get it paid off, get GAP to cover the rest, AND get a new loan for a new car....

Strange how one persons decision to ignore his brake warning light can cause this much trouble...and he gets away basically scot-free... a ticket for hitting me and being uninsured, but nothing else. (and he's probably an illegal, so he'll take a vacation back home to Mexico and never pay the tickets)

So now, everything I WAS using on my car is up for sale...check the classifieds.

My Car Domain
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 8:13 PM
Don't get mad at me for not saving the car and fixing it...Insurance decided it was totalled, not me.

http://www.azjbo.org/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=133

http://www.azjbo.org/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=130

http://www.azjbo.org/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=129

http://www.azjbo.org/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=132

http://www.azjbo.org/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=131

Doesn't look like much, but in the end the estimated about $5500 in damge. So to the scrap yard with it...Shop around anyone that want an 03 front end swap, its out there somewhere.

My Car Domain
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search