95 Sunfire SE R.I.P. - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
95 Sunfire SE R.I.P.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:46 PM
hey guys, i used to come on here all the time last summer, when i was into racing. (up here in minnesota, in the winter months, you dont really focus on street racing, too cold) n e way, this winter i was driving my 1995 pontaic sunfire SE and i was dropping my buddy off at his house, and it was icy, and i came up his driveway a lil too fast, and i ended up sliding straight into his garage at about 15 mph. and yeah.... the front steel bumper support was rusted a bit, and where it was rusted it broke in half, going straight thru the radiator, fan, touching the header. not to meantion @!#$ up my hood RELE bad.
and so u know, replaced all the bad parts, a lil jimmy riggin here and there, but i got it to work fine. but there was a strange sound in the tranny from that day foreward.
about 3 weeks later, i was down at the local college pickin up a friend from class, and i put it in neutral to wait for him, and then let out the clutch. and it died, like it was in gear, except without the jerking. so i thot wtf, started it back up, made sure it was in neutral, and let off the clutch, died again. so im like wow, im about 30 miles away from home, my cell phone is dead, and my friend never came. n e way to make a long story short i got it to get home kindof ok, other than i couldnt stop otherwise it would go again.

i still dont know to this day what happened to the tranny/clutch. but no matter what gear it was in, it would be a BITCH to get to go, id have to floor it and slowly let out the clutch, and right as it came to the top, bam, instant ingage, but not to the gear, n e way hard to explain.

so today, i was bored, head gausket was bad on the car since i started racing it. so i started her up, and put a brick on the accelerator, and stepped back to watch it, and there was a crack in the hose putting coolant in the motor, so it all sprayed out, basically no coolant in the damn thing, hits rev limiter with nothing happening for about 5 minutes, and then starts slowly going down in rpms. BOOM. head guasket blows AND motor seizes at the exact same time. OMG priceless, ive never seen so much smoke come from a car blowing up in my life!

idk, i loved that car, and i feel kinda bad that i sent it to hell in such a gruesome way. i beat the @!#$ out of it when it drove. and it had been sitting in my woods since december, adn i figured what the hell, why wait for the motor blowing competitions in april if i can have my own today. so me and about 10 of my friends (who are also into street racing, and have givin me @!#$ about my lil sunfire ricer since the day i bought it) watched my car go to hell.

haha ironic thing is i live right next to a cemetary. car is currently sitting 5 feet from fence dividing my property from the cemetary.

n e way, yeah long ass post, sorry bout that. but just thot id tell u guys about it. my j-body was good to me till the day i killed it. i will miss it, but on to newer and better things.

for now im currently at www.dodgeintrepid.net i got a 95 dodge intrepid ES with the 3.5 L HO V6. its my daily driver until i go to japan in a few years. me and 2 other ppl are currently savin up to go buy a few cars there. they r lookin at an S2000 and a Silvia. Im buyin one of my dream cars, 1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 2d Liftback. Right hand drive with a 6 speed manny. damn i think i nut my pants.

n e one with n e questions, comments, suggestions, etc. e-mail me at tomyk89@comcast.net

peace out guys, i may never be in the j-body group again. (unless the new gto is a j-body, i may be gettin one of those)

Re: 95 Sunfire SE R.I.P.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:50 PM
P.S. n e one who visits dodgeintrepid.net, my username is Tomyk89

peace out guys, it was fun
Re: 95 Sunfire SE R.I.P.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:57 PM
theres a wrecked/jacked/sold forum just for this

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search