Please read, I need your helping eyes .org - Page 2 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Please read, I need your helping eyes .org
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:18 PM
damn dude - and your parts are on the way!

You can always sell them - let me know if we can template some stuff for that Cobalt!

Steve

Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:02 PM
Anything new with this???

I am a victim of hit and run and would love to see this @$$ go down.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:11 PM
i'd love to hear the out come of this as well Hopefully a good out come.

Friday, March 31, 2006 11:33 AM
I must have forgotten to click the e-mail reply button,, oops. And yeah I do have the SC version, sorry for any confusion.

Steve, I just got the parts for the cavy in yesterday and put up some installed pics in the interior forum. Did I send you that PM about the Cobalt stuff before or after this post? Either way we were both on the same page about the same time, lol. Have you looked at the pics I sent you earlier this week? I keep getting ideas for the Cobalt every time I get in it.

As for the ongoing case, I call the cop shop daily, and every once in a while I get a real person to pick up a phone, lol. Supposedly the officer was going to follow up on that junk yard lead today, so I will just keep callin. I really need to catch this @!#$, so he can help me pay for all the medical BS I have been put through (X-rays, multiple CT scans and an MRI just yesterday) I've had a few concussions before, but nothing this bad. My doc said that based on the damage to the car, and my estimate of the guys speed, I had the equivalent of a 600+ lb block being dropped on my skull, I've had headaches, neck pain, numbness in my fingertips, and nausea since the wreck, not fun at all.

Thanks again everyone for all of your support, and I hope to be able to come in here with some good news, like that douchebag is in jail, and is someone's GF now That may sound vengeful but this guy deserves to go through some hell for this I think.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where
they're going and hook up with them later." RIP Mitch Hedberg
Saturday, April 15, 2006 1:28 AM
Any updates???

Saturday, April 15, 2006 4:52 PM
yeah we want updates

Monday, April 17, 2006 5:26 AM
Believe me, I wish like hell I could update you guys. I think it takes an act of god to get the police here in Lansing to do anything at all. I still call daily, @!#$ I'd be thrilled just to get a cop on the phone at this point. I really don't even think I could put into words just how frustrating this whole ordeal has been for me.

But it's a new week, so I will give it hell again, and just keep hoping. But so far it seems like the cops around here aren't too concerned about it at all. They still haven't even posted up my police report yet. It was supposed to be on their electronic system within 72 hours of the accident, but here I am almost a month later, and still nothing.

I swear I can spot a Chrysler LHS from a hundred yards now though, lol. I'll probably be looking out for them for the rest of my life, lol. I have scoured my neighborhood and the entire area like 5 miles in any direction hoping to find that damn car. I'm sure it's tucked away in a garage somewhere, but I'm not a quitter.

Thanks for all the support everyone, and I keep praying that one of these days I'll get to come in here with some good news. Til then,

Monday, April 17, 2006 6:21 AM
Dammit I want the good news to come!!

Monday, April 17, 2006 6:24 AM
Thanks man, and trust me,,, so do I, lol

If anyone happens to know a cop in Lansing that would be helpful. I mean @!#$ they have to be sick of me leaving messages daily, you'd think theyd get on this just so I can quit bugging them

Monday, April 17, 2006 1:49 PM
Just keep at it! Hopefully youll see him driving around and be able to get his plate #. Good luck!

Hookah Hog and Hookah Whore TShirts! Presale discount! Click here for more details!
Monday, April 17, 2006 1:56 PM
trust me, slip the junkyard 30 bucks. u'll get the name and number. then jsut show up at his fornt door

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 12:42 PM
I vote slip the junk yard some cash for a name and address. even if you don't show up at that guys house, you have something you can give the police

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 12:51 PM
I just might give that a shot, only problem there is that as far as junk yards go this one is pretty high end. They actually have nice uniforms and a very professional office and computer system. By far the nicest yard I've ever been too. They even have surveillance cameras in the office, so I'm not sure how willing they'll be to accept a bribe on camera, lol.

But @!#$ at this point I'll try anything. Yet another day of calling and calling to no avail. I think you need to get arrested in this town to get the attention of a cop. So if the bribe fails I guess I'll hafta start committing crimes. If I do happen to serendipitously find this guy I think I'll be forced to stomp his ass just to make sure the cops actually show up. I have this feeling that I could catch the guy "co-erce" him into confessing and still not get the cops to actually care, unless we start breaking laws.

They still haven't even finished my accident report. It will a month to the day tomorrow, and the report was supposedly going to be available on their system within 72 hours, What a joke.

Moral of the story, just hope none of you guys ever really need a cop in Lansing.

Thursday, April 20, 2006 5:06 AM
I just got off the phone with that lawyer, and I guess he is going to stop by the precinct today to see if he can find out why the hell they haven't done anything about this yet.

I mean at a minimum, they should have had the report saying that I was involved in an accident up by now. Even if I would have had full coverage I'd be screwed right now, it blows my mind that a month later to the day I still don't even have a report, let alone a cop involved with attempting to track this guy down.

So unless something good comes from the lawyer making them a visit, I guess my only option is to do whatever I have to do to get that info from the junkyard. But even then, like I said, It looks like unless I can drag that guy to the precinct, I'd hafta commit a crime to get a cop to come out and do a damn thing about it.

/end rant

Thanks to everyone who has actually been following this thus far. Despite the asshattery that goes on in some of these forums, the majority of the .org is a great community, and stuff like this proves it. So thanks for the continued support, and I keep hoping that one of these days I'll get to make a post in here that isn't depressing, lol.

Peace

Thursday, April 20, 2006 5:32 AM
Good luck with this. I check back here every so often hoping to see that something good happened. I know it will, just be extremely annoying to the junk yard/police.

Rest In Peace, Saint.
Thursday, April 20, 2006 5:54 AM
Thanks Alexis,
And unfortunately I have been as annoying as I can stand be, lol. I'm starting to get sick of me at this point, so I would imagine they are too
If I were that cop I would go arrest someone in an LHS just to get me to stop leaving voice mails and calling my boss every other day

Thursday, April 20, 2006 3:20 PM
take it to the local news. tell them the story, what you have done, and what the cops haven't done. if i were to take this to the local news they'd do one of those "looking out for the little guy" type of stories and go straight to the police station with a camera and say "whats up?"

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, April 20, 2006 5:27 PM
/\_______i like that idea!

Thursday, April 20, 2006 5:57 PM
Wicked1 wrote:/\_______i like that idea!
x2... i've been reading this since March and I'm even getting sick of the police at this point...

Thursday, April 20, 2006 7:47 PM
It's worth a shot. I know the news loves stories like these

Rest In Peace, Saint.
Friday, April 21, 2006 6:12 AM
The Redneck:
That's a great idea man. I'll check with my lawyer to see if he had any luck yesterday, but I'm guessing he didn't, so this is definitely worth a shot. Better than what I had come up with for sure, lol. And since it was such a huge story when that cop got shot, then even bigger when we found out he shot himself, that might help too. Since I was directly affected by that ish.

The only worry about going to the news would be that this guys could be sittin home and see the story, then drive the car down to a used dealership in Ohio to unload it or some crap like that. I'm probably just a little paranoid after the last months worth of BS though, lol

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions

If I ever catch a break and nab this guy, I will definitely throw a celebration BBQ open to anyone who felt like driving, beers on me.

Saturday, April 22, 2006 9:08 PM
did slipping the junkyard some cash work, maybe i missed that part. if you dont think they are comfotable on camera buy a 5 dollar part and pay with a 20, tell them to keep it.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:10 PM
Made any head way? Even the slightest little bit?

Friday, April 28, 2006 5:04 AM
I went to the yard on Thursday but the manager I have been talking to was out on vacation for the week. And the guy I was talking to couldn't even find the order. When I talked to her last she said she was printing out a hard copy to keep in her records and locking it so the system couldn't delete it. So hopefully she'll be back in when I go next week, she's been nice every time I've called up there and when I went in the first time, so maybe I can just talk it out of her, we'll see.

That lawyer supposedly has been talking to a detective at the NOrth precinct, but still not even a returned phone call from the cops. The BS continues.

Friday, April 28, 2006 10:44 AM
At least you're getting somewhere with the junkyard. Progress is progress

Rest In Peace, Saint.
Truth > God
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search