Please read, I need your helping eyes .org - Page 3 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Please read, I need your helping eyes .org
Friday, April 28, 2006 7:47 PM
Don't know if it's too late, but I would recommend calling the local repair/bodywork shops and the local dealership to inform them of this stuff. I cought the girl who backed into my Cavalier in 2004 the same way. I was hit by a Land Cruiser and she left her rear light at the scene. Called the local shops and told them to look out for a Land Cruiser with passenger side rear damage with green paint on it. Got a call about a week later from the police, and finally forced her insurance to pay up.

The police usually post a bulliten to the shops in cases like this but if they haven't even returned a phone call, I would sugguest calling the shops personally.

Monday, May 01, 2006 6:46 AM
Steven: I actually did call every single body/collision shop in Lansing about a week after the fact, but it is definitely worth going through them again to refresh the vehicle description for them all. I should also probably call up all the used dealerhsips around the area again and see if any of them had have seen it in the last month. It's just kinda hard to find time to be a detective while still doing all my duties for my real job, lol. Thanks again for the continued support and advice from all. I still keep hoping that one of these days I will have good news.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where
they're going and hook up with them later." RIP Mitch Hedberg
Monday, May 01, 2006 5:12 PM
good luck.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 5:10 AM
Thanks man, unfortunately yesterday pretty much sucked, as I had to put our family dog to sleep, no fun.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 5:58 AM
Oh damm, I'm really sorry to hear that.

Rest In Peace, Saint.
Truth > God
Monday, May 08, 2006 7:45 AM
Well I think I may have caught another little break. This past weekend, while waiting for my gf to come out of our local party store, guess what pulls up in the next parking spot... Yes yes, a silver 1996 Chrylser LHS with damage to the Front passenger area matching what I would have expected.

Unfortunately it was a woman driving, I was hoping to see that douchebag hop out. But nonetheless I got the license plate number. We tried to follow her after she pulled out, but I think she saw me taking down her plates because when we caught back up to her she started driving strange and quickly pulled into a grocery store parking lot. We went up the road a bit, doubled back, and then parked a few aisles over. But she stayed in her car, on the phone, for about 10 minutes so we just went home.

I just got off the phone with that detective, and he said he'd actually called the junk yard and already had the guys name and number, and I gave him the plate, so hopefully they will come up a match. But even if they don't match exactly, I have all of the parts this car was missing in my living room. So it would be fun to walk up and place the missing puzzle pieces on the guys car with a big smile on my face

So I sit with fingers still crossed hoping that something may actually come of all this. So thanks again to those who've followed this little soap opera for the past few months. Hopefully I will get speak about justice being served one of these days.

Monday, May 08, 2006 10:49 AM
That's awesome. It's great to hear that you're getting somewhere finally!

Rest In Peace, Saint.
Truth > God
Monday, May 08, 2006 11:18 AM
oh man im excited now

Monday, May 08, 2006 1:40 PM
You can do it!

Monday, May 08, 2006 6:11 PM
::crosses fingers:::

go get 'em man, good luck!

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:43 AM
arrr.. this is my version of a daytime soap opera!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:51 AM
finally some good progress

Saturday, May 13, 2006 3:31 PM
sweet!!! Hopefully that detective will hurry the heck up so we can all stop sitting at the edge of our seats waiting to hear what's going on!!! hehe

Sunday, May 14, 2006 7:10 AM
awesome.. i've been quitely watching this hell its even saved in my favorite at the top of the list lol. Glad ur getting some good news on catchin this. Hope all goes well and they get what they deserve.. I would love to see the persons reaction if u stood their with the parts saying i think these belong to you.. u should have someone vid it lol.

Sunday, May 14, 2006 9:03 AM
Quote:

u should have someone vid it lol.

yea not @!#$ huh. any progress updates?

GO PATS!!!
Monday, May 15, 2006 7:40 AM
Manta Z: That is a great idea,, the last two months that's all I've been thinking about. I hope I get the chance to see his face when I put the pieces of his car next to the damage, priceless for sure. If I get the chance I'll certainly have my girl come with me and run the video cam,, and of course it'll be posted on the .org first

All: I'm not sure I understand the police here at all. I just got off the phone with that cop (yes surprisingly someone down there answered a phone, lol) but I guess all they do is send a letter to the address that plate is registered...

When he told me that I said, but seriously man I have the guys headlight and molding, I'll personally bring it or give it to you so we can compare to his car. And his reply was "well hopefully they'll cooperate and we'll get the chance"

Now I understand the liability topretect the rights of the innocent, but if it is the guy, does anyone think he'd actually respond to the letter?

I'm almost at my wits end with it,,, I've tried and tried to handle this as politely as possible, but the seem more than content letting this douche get away with it. I'm just extremely frustrated. I am more and more prone to go to the newspaper with this every day. How long should I give them to do their job???

Thanks again for all who continue following the saga of my car being trashed, lol.

On a slightly positive note I sold the 1992 Caprice that was filling my garage. So now I have a place to park my cavy, and start working on it. From the damage anyone have any opinions and or advice? Mainly in regards to the taillight area.

Is it worth trying to rework that panel, or should I just cut out that whole section and start over with donor sections?

I'm also considering doing a widebody, since that whole quarter needs to be re-worked anyways, and its just going to be sitting in my garage. I've never done body work before,,, but since all I have is time I wouldn't mind trying to learn. I've been working on cars and construction since I was knee high helping my dad do tune ups, so I have the most the tools and ability. And like I said it's not even a driver right now, let alone a daily driver, so I have nothing but time and if I screw up and have to re-do sections,, oh well I love learning stuff. Might even be a good opportunity for a taillight conversion,,, as I doubt that quarter will ever properly hold the stockers again.

Monday, May 15, 2006 7:41 AM
Sweet jesus that was a long post,,, Sorry but I type too fast after my morning caffeine fix

Monday, May 15, 2006 11:05 AM
maybe its just how i am, but after getting little to no where with the calls i would, go down to the police station and ask to talk to a detective in person. At least in buisness if you want something done that seems to be laggin, you tend to get it done ALOT faster in person. (it prevents them from dodging/putting it off)

Monday, May 15, 2006 11:07 AM
I was hoping for a positive update

You could probably just replace everything with stock pieces, though a taillight conversion sounds interesting. If you've never done bodywork before, this might not be the time/car to try it on. It would be a shame to mess up the car (even more)

Rest In Peace, Saint.
Truth > God
Monday, May 15, 2006 11:18 AM
Go to the PD or the news. Tell the PD that if you are unsatisfied after your meeting, you'll head to you're local news station. See how that works out for you

Monday, May 15, 2006 11:55 AM
I guess I shoulda stated that better, I have done bodywork before,, just never fiberglassing on anything bigger than trunk installs. One of my friends in H.S. was a wiz w/ fiberglass sub boxes etc, and and I learned quite a bit from him. I've just never done fiberglass to sheetmetal. But I wouldn't mind wasting a little time learning on this car, it isn't going anywhere soon, lol. That'ss kinda aside form the point here though

I would love to go down to the precinct, but I do the 9-5 gig, and I doubt I'll catch the right ppl down their if I go after 5. And I've already missed too much time from work on this crap already between hosp./doc. visits and the ongoing investigation. My boss has reminded me twice in the last few months that my title is Engineer not Detective, lol. They've been cool so far, but I don't how much more distraction from my real job they will stand for.

I guess I just might have to take a lil more time though and head down there if nothing happens this week. Maybe I'm being too nice, but part of me wants to see the cops actually do something here, no matter how much I doubt they will. Thanks for the continued suggestions all. I have documented the hell out of everything, so legally it can't hurt me to wait before escalating this. But every day that passes is more opportunity for that guy to destroy evidence :-( Guess I might just hafta suck it up and go to war with the cops here. Only problem with that is my heavy foot + the SS,,, don't particularly need any cops hating me, lol

Monday, May 15, 2006 12:00 PM
Quote:

I am more and more prone to go to the newspaper with this every day. How long should I give them to do their job???

you're most definately being too nice. i would have gone to the news paper last month...just go do it. bet t hings will get handled A LOT faster.

GO PATS!!!
Wednesday, May 17, 2006 6:41 AM
Well I had another set back,, over the weekend I had a massive failure in my home's plumbing, so I spent the last few days ripping every last thing out of my basement and re-plumbing all of the jerry rigged stuff the previous owner's did. Then bleaching every square inch of my basement, no fun. I am seriously having a bad Spring here. ( I also got door dinged in my new Cobalt last week,, lol) I'm counting on that bitch Karma to wake up and start turning things around here. Aaaaanytime now

But as soon as I get caught back up at work I'll give diplomacy another attempt and see if that cop has come up with anything yet.

At least everything has been documented well thus far. So if I am no better off in a week or two I can still go to the news, and it will only be a better story for the fact that I gave them months to get off their asses and do something. If I had gone to the news too soon, then I risk looking like a whiny kid without patience.

As Redneck said I have been too nice so far. But that will only help if it goes to the next level, as no one could argue that I didn't give them every opportunity possible to rectify this.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 10:59 PM
ddamn, just read this front to back

thats horrible man, i think you should be more persistent of the cops..

best of luck to ya man, seems like your havin a rough go at it..

Friday, May 26, 2006 1:17 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOO F'N HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ladies and Gentlemen, today I finally found my justice, lol. At about 3p.m. I received a call from a Lt. I had e-mailed a little over a week ago. She responded pretty quick after the e-mail saying she'd look into it. But at that point I'd called/emailed various officers for about the 300th time, so I didn't get excited or anything.

But when she called today, she told me that today they had finally sent an officer over to check out that car. And apparently after only a few minutes of talking to the wife, she went inside and her husband came out right after and admitted to everything. At about this point I jumped out of my chair I was so damn happy. I guess I will have the final report some time next week, and then I can talk to my attorney and let him take it from here.

Thanks to everyone who followed this undesirable soap opera that dropped into my lap 2 months ago.

Couldn't have happened at a better time either, now I get to relax and enjoy some brews and bbq on the long weekend and not have to think about this @!#$e anymore.

Hope you all have a great memorial day weekend,
and thanks again for all the support , suggestions, sympathy and such.

Peace

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search