Please read, I need your helping eyes .org - Page 4 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Please read, I need your helping eyes .org
Friday, May 26, 2006 2:04 PM
awsome!! hopefully they have insurance so you can get your ride fixed.

Friday, May 26, 2006 2:12 PM
thats awsome!
Friday, May 26, 2006 2:43 PM
wow..just read this entire thread..what a crazy story..congrats! Finally justice is served..hopefully this guy gets what he deserves..take him to town on this @!#$..good luck with everything..and congrats again

Friday, May 26, 2006 3:00 PM
its about damn time!!! take his ass for everything you can get out of him. bastard!!

GO PATS!!!
Friday, May 26, 2006 3:16 PM
Congrats!

Friday, May 26, 2006 3:19 PM
congrats man! take 'em to the cleaners! and get them for court costs and everything else it took for you to track them down!

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Friday, May 26, 2006 9:17 PM
I'm so excited for you!!! YAY!!!

Rest In Peace, Saint.
Truth > God
Saturday, May 27, 2006 4:50 AM
Thanks everyone, I think the only really difficult part left for me, (other than fighting off my hangover, lol)

is deciding if I stick with the lawyer I had been talking to (he gave me some advice, but fell through on a lot of things he told me he was going to do, like talk to some higher ups at the dep't), or now that I have a case do I try and find a better more reputable lawyer.

On one hand I'd feel kinda bad not letting this guy take it, but on the other he hasn't really done anything for me. Most of the advice he gave me were common sense kinda things that weren't terribly helpful, I think I got more significant help from this forum than from him, lol.

So now I just need to find out what all of my options are, (Michigan being a no-fault law state really sucks)

But Michigan's Hit and Run Laws have been strengthened, so while we are all enjoying brats and brews this guy is either sittin in jail, or out on bail either way he's sweatin bullets.

So I'd say that about evens the score
cavy: 1
douchebag:1

with the tiebreaker being handled in court finally things are lookin good

P.S. They guy did have insurance, but I think the LHS was his wifes car, so I don't know what that means legally, but I'm happy letting a lawyer sort through all that B.S.

You're probably getting sick of hearing it, but thanks again to everyone here, you all have been tremendously supportive and helpful this entire time. And for that I am sincerely grateful.

I wish a happy and safe memorial day weekend for all.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where
they're going and hook up with them later." RIP Mitch Hedberg
Saturday, May 27, 2006 8:28 AM
also you can get him for any wages you've lost while taking time off work for dealing with this.

if your lawyer hasn't done anything for you, hell with him. find someone that'll help you more.

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, May 27, 2006 5:23 PM
Eff the lawyer. Get one that seems to care.

Rest In Peace, Saint.
Truth > God
Monday, May 29, 2006 9:17 AM
WOW FINALLY!!!! CONGRATS!!!

Now get a good lawyer, and sock it to him!!

Monday, May 29, 2006 11:08 PM
[quote=¤§Fallen Angel§¤]WOW FINALLY!!!! CONGRATS!!!

my words exactly!

i love happy endings

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:19 AM
[quote=¤§Fallen Angel§¤]WOW FINALLY!!!! CONGRATS!!!

Thanks, and I love your scion, btw,,, hawt to say the least

WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:

i love happy endings

X6 kabillion

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:24 AM
Well I talked to a new lawyer today, and from the way he describes it Michigan no fault law has basically just @!#$ me over hard.

I'm going to talk to that original lawyer again and see if he still thinks it's worth going after.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 8:46 PM
BOOOOOO!!!! eff michigan and the no fault law... If someone rear ends me, damnit i'm getting some money whether it be by stomping a mud-hole in someone's ass or through the legal system.

Good luck man, Hopefully the guy gets reamed (sp?) hard...

Friday, June 02, 2006 6:46 AM
Wow, not gonna lie I had forgotten all about this thread then I came back and was quite happy to see the good news.

Why is finding a good lawyer so difficult?

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 9:56 PM
Any update?
Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:04 AM
SO WHATS GOING ON !!!! UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE DAMNIT !!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:22 AM
Not much of an update, but

at least that guy will be getting what he deserves out of it. I just finally got the police report a couple of days ago. So the guy is getting slapped with at least a felony, and depending on his record maybe some jail time.

Unfortunately for me Michigan No-Fault laws mean I'm screwed. All I can do is go after him, or his insurance company rather, for $500. I have to go through my insurance company now that I have the police report, but because I didn't have full coverage, all of the vehicular damage is just my problem I guess.

Moral of the story, don't ever drive without full coverage in Michigan.

But hey, I'll get $500 out of him, I guess my insurance company is supposed to re-imburse me for all of my out of pocket expenses. So that will help. It won't get my cavy fixed, but what can ya do?

But if I lived in another state I'd be able to nail this guy to the wall, oh well.

One thing was kind of funny though, on the final report they had the guy's story, and I quote

"The sun was in my eyes, and once I realized that I had hit another car I panicked." that part made sense, kind of what I expected (it was a lil to early for him to be drunk I had hoped) but here's where it gets weird

he added " so on my way home I called my son and told him to keep an eye out for the cops, he never saw you guys show up so I figured everything was ok "
(I presume his son goes to the school I got hit in front of)

But I was like WTF? Why would you tell that to a cop. I mean he should have just stopped after saying he panicked, but to add that you fled the scene and had your middle school aged son keep watch for ya? How f'n lame?

But anywho, I guess the drama is over, so thanks again to everyone that watched along this whole time. I really can't even say enough about how helpful you all were.

The cavy is still parked in my garage, so I imagine I'll get motivated enough to start working on her again. Now that I don't have to be a detective anymore I should actually have some spare time again too

Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:36 AM
If you don't have full coverage I think your company won't do anything. Why can't you just turn it into his company?
He fully admited fault and has been charged by the police so his company should have to pay regardless of that no fault crap.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:51 AM
No Fault really is just a bunch of garbage. I've talked with almost a dozen lawyers and they've all said the same thing. With No Fault laws and PL PD coverage my insurance is responsible for my medical, or rather whatever my medical insurance didn't cover.

Basically with no fault the only recourse possible is to go after the other person for pain and suffering type of stuff. But in Michigan with the precedent set in prior cases you have to be either dead or grotesquely disfigured to be awarded any punitive damages. One lawyer I talked to actually had a client who had both of his hands crushed to the point where surgery was required, and the judge didn't even consider that to be an eligeble case.

If anyone happens to know an expert in No fault law I pray that they prove me wrong on this one. It's still hard for me to accept that this guy can be totally at fault, jack up my car and head, and I can't do anything about it.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:16 AM
So his insurance company won't fix your car and you can't sue him ? OK then I'm thinking lake Michigan and some concrete shoes should do the trick.

Seriously though his insurance company should be liable cause he admited fault ! Sh-t if thats the case then why bother with insurance anyway since it won't cover anything !

PM Silver Stripy I think he is an insurance guy from your state actualy and may be able to give you some help.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:25 AM
glad he admitted but MI law is BS.. esp if he admitted fault he should be paying every penny..

Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:29 AM
Welcome to my frustration. No-fault is the biggest croc of @!#$ I have ever heard of in my entire life.

Like I was saying unless you are fully covered for collision in a no fault state you get pretty much screwed.

I'll hafta see if I can find Silver Stripey and PM him,,, I'm open for any advice/ Input at this point.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:34 AM
Hes a good guy I'm sure he'll help if he can. He has quite a few posts in the suspension and brake forum so you can find a pm link that way if you need.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search