AEM CAI For ECOTEC vs. State of California - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AEM CAI For ECOTEC vs. State of California
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:51 PM
So I get pulled over and after looking under my hood... I can no longer drive my car until I put the stock intake back on or get one that is C.A.R.B. approved. And yes I am in California. WTF! I called AEM and they are still waiting for an approval.

Hint: In case you have a stock intake that you would like to part with, send my mail. I am willing to buy!

New Picture comming this summer.

Re: AEM CAI For ECOTEC vs. State of California
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:49 AM
well... drop me an e-mail if you have the same engine i do my stock intake is off a 99 sunfire witha 2.2 but i doubt that would make a difference because i think both the cavy and sunfires hae identical engines
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 8:18 PM
why did you get pulled over in the first place? why did the cop tell you to open your hood?

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:29 PM
He heard my exhuast. He told me that all they were doing that night if finding street racer's and were checking to make sure that everyone was legal.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 6:46 AM
In otherwords the cops were bored silly and wanted to pick on somebody.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:10 PM
I guess... By the time I got home I saw another one with a honda pulled over with the hood open as well. lol

Friday, June 16, 2006 11:48 AM
yea i had a friend with an eco get busted not too long ago. aem is still waiting on the approval for the CARB on the new eco intake. sucks because everyone buys an aem ASSUMING that its already legal...they somehow forget to mention that its still pending. bastards!

so did you get a ticket for it or what?

GO PATS!!!
Friday, June 16, 2006 5:58 PM
Yup, still searching for a stock one.

Friday, June 16, 2006 10:16 PM
Yeah, on the AEM website it says that the CARB status is still pending. I had to wait until about 6 months ago to buy and install the AEM intake on my '02 2200 because of the CARB status. Its a good idea to always check with the company before you buy and install any performance parts, especially if you live in California. Anyways, good luck on finding a stock intake so you can get your car back on the road.

Saturday, June 17, 2006 9:13 AM
just drive it and don't get caught again.

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:43 PM
either that or find a friend that has a yellow cav, take a pic of the stock intake with you next to the car and see if that works. Its worth a try if not good luck

Saturday, June 17, 2006 11:41 PM
CA Sucks!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 1:34 PM
Another reason why I would live in CA, if I did I dont think I'd ever register my plates there.

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Monday, July 31, 2006 12:29 AM
WOW man thats harsh up here in canada they cant make us open our hoods and even if they did good lucking getting me to do that sorry about your badluck man
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 1:18 PM
since you got a ticket it, it's a "fix it" ticket, meaning, you have to fix it, and take your car to the CHP (or sheriff's office) and have them physicaly look at the car, then they will sign off the ticket, you then go to the court and pay the fine (which is what? $10?)

once you do that, go back home, pop up the hood and swap the AEM back in, just dont do what ever you did to get pulled over. when i see a cop/CHP around/near you, dont panic, act norm. and if you DO get pulled over, still dont panic, dont act like a ass to them either, if your nice and do what they ask, a good 20% of the time, they will only give u a warning, but act like a ass, and you'll get the book thrown at you!!!

thats just my 2cents!

Kardain wrote:Tonite on Fox:
When X's attack

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search