Twin charged sunfire RIP :( - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Twin charged sunfire RIP :(
Friday, September 01, 2006 10:00 PM
Well im going to keep this short im soo pissed still... went to saskatoon got there friday night sat. night (well sunday morning) going threw an intersection and this @!#$ 17year old punk thought he would try and be cool and speed threw the intersection and turn left in front of me and try to beet me and ran right into... and to boot he was drunk... so that @!#$ my 2 week vacation up and posibly no more Twin charged sunfire... and it ran STRONG! out there... got a nice kill list the only night i was out and then BAM!

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno

Re: Twin charged sunfire RIP :(
Friday, September 01, 2006 10:06 PM
God that's terrible. I'm sorry

I'm just a bitch.
Friday, September 01, 2006 10:09 PM
Alexis wrote:God that's terrible. I'm sorry

Friday, September 01, 2006 10:15 PM
That blows. Hopefully all goes well and they dont total it!

-Brandon

Friday, September 01, 2006 10:17 PM
yea it sucks big time... not even a week after it was tuned and this happens cant even back up the kills i had with this set up now because i cant get any 1/4mile times... but there were alot of shocked V8 owners i can tell you that much...

silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
Friday, September 01, 2006 10:28 PM
I would be more concerned with the vehicle rather than your "kills"

I'm just a bitch.
Friday, September 01, 2006 10:45 PM
wow..... that sucks josh. I hope all goes well cause we all know it was set to do great things. How bad was the damage?

Friday, September 01, 2006 10:48 PM
Z Speed Cavi wrote:wow..... that sucks josh. I hope all goes well cause we all know it was set to do great things. How bad was the damage?

from what i can see its the same amount we had on our 2002 Trans am a few months ago which was only $4000 to fix and that was a new hood, front bumper and engine things..... this guy in saskatoon way trying to tell me $17,500 worth of damage.. and i asked is it the frame and he said no just parts, paint and labor.. and its just the @!#$ front corner... not even the charge pipes were touched... but i was told later they try to writte cars like mine off just to fix them and self them for a profit

Saturday, September 02, 2006 3:00 AM
sorry to hear about the car

and body shops and ins companies , do that alot

Saturday, September 02, 2006 5:41 AM
Well if the engine bay was not hurt we should see it back in a J body soon. J's with blown engine are a nice way to get one cheap!

Saturday, September 02, 2006 6:07 AM
i would be going to a dif. bodyshop.

Saturday, September 02, 2006 10:33 AM
well i would tell the insurance company to get bent. If the damage is that bad that they wanna total it I would just salvage anything possible and stick it onto a new car.

Saturday, September 02, 2006 10:34 AM
DAMN....... lets all cross our fingers that it comes out ok.....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, September 02, 2006 12:59 PM
Glad you're ok man...
Sheds a tear on the car.
Definitely not news I like to read.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, September 02, 2006 1:04 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:DAMN....... lets all cross our fingers that it comes out ok.....

x a lot

Saturday, September 02, 2006 1:54 PM
here are the pictures i just took...

Saturday, September 02, 2006 2:11 PM
its totalled.. sorry to hear man. that air bag did alot of damage tool

i hope this kid is in deep @!#$.... did he atleast have insurence?

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

Saturday, September 02, 2006 2:16 PM
John H [Cavalierkid wrote:]its totalled.. sorry to hear man. that air bag did alot of damage tool

i hope this kid is in deep @!#$.... did he atleast have insurence?

not sure if its totaled yet... wait to here on tuesday... yea he had insurance thank fully

Saturday, September 02, 2006 5:08 PM
well when i got in a accident with my 97 and had like 45k on the clock it was totaled cause of the damage the air bags caused........ usually when the air bags go off they will write it off as totaled........

Saturday, September 02, 2006 5:13 PM
Quote:

not sure if its totaled yet... wait to here on tuesday... yea he had insurance thank fully

almost positive. unless you reported all your mods to increase the value of your car, their going to give you blue bock on a stock sunfire. each airbag is about 900-1000 to be replaced with all the sensors and whatnot. plus the windshield. all that cosmetic damage up front is well over 2k.

my buddy hit a curb 2 weeks ago in his 04 cavi. was doin about 10-20 mph just not paying attention. anyhoo, it cracked the rad and bent the control arm.... and set off both air bags. nothing else was damaged. insurence set the damge at a lil over 5k. they totaled it and gave him 7500. which was ghetto cuz he owed 9 on it.

im sorry to hear man.
plz tell me that the drunk minor that was driving is getting some big ass fines...

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

Saturday, September 02, 2006 5:33 PM
my god your kidding me. this is horrible. hopefully they dont total it. if they dont and it comes back to the org we want videos of the resurrection

Saturday, September 02, 2006 8:17 PM
glad your alright josh but man that isnt totalled at all, looks like a easy fix to me unless the axels are messed up and all that stuff. my dad does body work for a living so this is why i dont see it as being totalled.

Saturday, September 02, 2006 8:31 PM
damn

Team GREEN

Saturday, September 02, 2006 8:59 PM
the kid who hit me got a $2200 fine i belive, suspension for 3 years and some other stuff... as far as i know...

as far as damage goes this is what i was told

needs:

fenders (2)
front facia
possible K memeber replace ment
new window
air bags

then all the rest the first body shop said can easly be bent back...

BOOSTED - i might email you depending on some things to maybe get your dads opinion when i get the final report...

Saturday, September 02, 2006 9:07 PM
only good thing i can see here is that if they do total it and you get all that cash for your car you can fix it with used parts...airbags, etc. Good luck man.

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search