Twin charged sunfire RIP :( - Page 2 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Twin charged sunfire RIP :(
Saturday, September 02, 2006 9:17 PM
Josh F wrote:the kid who hit me got a $2200 fine i belive, suspension for 3 years and some other stuff... as far as i know...

as far as damage goes this is what i was told

needs:

fenders (2)
front facia
possible K memeber replace ment
new window
air bags

then all the rest the first body shop said can easly be bent back...

BOOSTED - i might email you depending on some things to maybe get your dads opinion when i get the final report...

sounds good man, i got my stock gt kit back on, i gotta streetfire front with stock rk primer on it if your interested, the shippings gonna cost alot unless you can find out a super cheap way.

Saturday, September 02, 2006 11:21 PM
OH MY GOD, WHAT THE @!#$ IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!

I hate drunk drivers, every single one of them. Its so freaking ridiculous someone could be so careless and ruin someone ELSES pride and joy ...

I was hit by a drunk driver, and i have permanent injuries to my body when i was 16 , my car was totalled ... i know how it feels.

I was really hoping that the calander would switch to April 1st so i could have some hope this post wasnt true.

But keep your head up , Everything happens for a reason , right?

Saturday, September 02, 2006 11:50 PM
JerseyKid (Boosted&JDM) wrote:OH MY GOD, WHAT THE @!#$ IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!

I hate drunk drivers, every single one of them. Its so freaking ridiculous someone could be so careless and ruin someone ELSES pride and joy ...

I was hit by a drunk driver, and i have permanent injuries to my body when i was 16 , my car was totalled ... i know how it feels.

I was really hoping that the calander would switch to April 1st so i could have some hope this post wasnt true.

But keep your head up , Everything happens for a reason , right?

yea i keep wishing this was all a dream... but yea every thing does happen for a reason... i was going to re paint the entire front end and there was a dent on the fender so hopfully it does get fixed then i get it all done for free

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Sunday, September 03, 2006 12:11 AM
O hell, that isn't totalled. If they do total it you should just fix it with the cash u get. It of course needs some fenders and a bumper. Based on what I can see from the pics, like u said, the frame damage will be able ot be pulled.
Air bags if you hunt for them can get pretty cheap sometimes. I can get a set up here (if i can find a set that arent blown) for prolly around 600 but even right now on ebay there is a complete set for about 400. Then a new windshield and some paint.
If they total it fix it because that is no where in my mind totalled. Shoulda seen my car before we fixed it.
Also, sucks to hear and see.

-Seth

Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:31 AM
That is horrible to look at.
But that is not totaled. Looks to be more cosmetic damage, I'm doubting to see structure damage. One thing for sure, the axle needs to be new.
Even though this is terrible, I was expecting ALOT worse.
Hope everything goes your way.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Sunday, September 03, 2006 11:51 AM
that doesnt look major man!!! hopefully they dont total it... just looks like some body work, window, and airbags....

if that kids insurance tries to total it then they are cheaping out and youi need to fight to get them to fix it, because there is no way you can replace what you have for the money they will give you... kbb on a sunfire is horrid

good luck man

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Sunday, September 03, 2006 1:15 PM
Acer wrote:that doesnt look major man!!! hopefully they dont total it... just looks like some body work, window, and airbags....

if that kids insurance tries to total it then they are cheaping out and youi need to fight to get them to fix it, because there is no way you can replace what you have for the money they will give you... kbb on a sunfire is horrid

good luck man

well only good thing is it my insurance which is paying for it first cuz i had to get it going threw and insurance company right away and this kids insurance wouldnt start it untill he reported it... and he didnt report it for 2 weeks even though i gave them the police report and all so i went threw mine and they will just go after his insurance company for the money after...

silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
Sunday, September 03, 2006 8:42 PM
that sucks you have a nice looking sunfire. what kinda car was the kid driveing? hope your car gets fixed and good luck
Sunday, September 03, 2006 9:53 PM
jbody03eco wrote:that sucks you have a nice looking sunfire. what kinda car was the kid driveing? hope your car gets fixed and good luck

he was in a 1995 honda civic... his got the worst of it... engine block craked oil and coolant eveyr where...hood in a nice "V" shape but his air bags never went off

Monday, September 04, 2006 7:36 AM
I am actually for the first time from reading something on JBO.... truely and deeply sorry..................

let me know if you need any sourcing for parts, airbags etc.... I have good hook ups and I live in Canada so no border fee's ..................

Josh.... you and I both know I have been rooting for you since day 1 ........ I have always loved the set up....... don't get rid of it..... keep it..... build it ......

wow I can't even begin to describe to you how I feel right now.... I would DIE if that happened to me.....

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 11:44 AM
damn bro that sucks.... drunk drivers are gay i cant stand it.... i hate drunk drivers... that just shows they dont have respect for anyone and stuff... hopefully since your going through your insurance company you can talk them into fixing it then they can go after his... hell since he waited so long you may be able to hire a lawyer and fitght it in court if they dont fix it i thought law was 24 hours ot report the accident..... but good luck bro i'd hate ot see your ride go....

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 1:42 PM

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:00 PM
**UP DATE**

car was looked at by north land today and they found no frame damag ... BUT! total cost of parts/paint and labor is $14,400 but air bags takes up $6000 of that price (parts/labor ect) but they may be taking into acount all my parts on the car cuz my insurance company is going after his for the money after so i may be brought back to life... but with new look to it as would be putting a new font end on it as its cheaper then OEM stuff... and if ANY! one knows where i can get the air bags and sensors let me know...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:43 PM
**UP DATE**

car was looked at by north land today and they found no frame damag ... BUT! total cost of parts/paint and labor is $14,400 but air bags takes up $6000 of that price (parts/labor ect) but they may be taking into acount all my parts on the car cuz my insurance company isnt paying for it in the end, they are going after his company for the money after so i may be brought back to life from what they say... but with new look to it as would be putting a new font end on it as its cheaper then OEM stuff... and if ANY! one knows where i can get the air bags and sensors let me know...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:11 PM
Josh F wrote:**UP DATE**

car was looked at by north land today and they found no frame damag ... BUT! total cost of parts/paint and labor is $14,400 but air bags takes up $6000 of that price (parts/labor ect) but they may be taking into acount all my parts on the car cuz my insurance company isnt paying for it in the end, they are going after his company for the money after so i may be brought back to life from what they say... but with new look to it as would be putting a new font end on it as its cheaper then OEM stuff... and if ANY! one knows where i can get the air bags and sensors let me know...

Holy crap. You could fly me down there and I could fix it with the cost of parts (minus painting) for less than half of that. $6,000 for air bags is REDICULOUS. I got mine for my car for right about 800 out of my local junkyard (i might be able to find a set here for you) and you can find some on eBay. They have full sets on there quite often. The labor to replace airbags should take about 30 minutes, MAYBE an hour if you don't know what you're doing.
We completely built my '04 sunfire including the price of the cars for right around $5,000 if thats any comparison and I wish I could find the pics but my damage was a LOT worse than yours. I needed a new engine, new hood, fenders, and i had a crushed and wrinkled frame. $14,000 is rediculous.

-Seth

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:30 PM
Josh F wrote:**UP DATE**

I'll check my work tomorrow about the air bags man. I know we can get salvaged parts thru my job and i can get 20% off the regular price to the customers. I'll see what I can do for ya. I hate to see this one of a kind die.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:41 PM
glad to see frame isnt bent, you gotta know something is tweaked though, just from gettign hit you know something shifted, as much as you dont want to think that, you have to. Good luck none the less, wish i could help somehow but its in your hands now.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:45 PM
Hell If you want Josh let me know and I can look for any parts you need up here in Fort McMurray at the scrapyards, theres tons of Sunfires at the local scrapyards. Just let me know. Shipping would be hella cheap depending on the parts, and depending on when you need them I might be able to drive them down myself because I might be visiting my parents place in Calgary

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:55 PM
DAMN!!!! thank you all i will be in touch with a few of you possibly... i could care less if they are used fenders and such, they need to be painted any way so i will be pm'ing a few of you as soon as i know more..

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:44 AM
hey i can also look around for a few air bags for your car i know a couple of people who work for gm and i might be able to get them cheap i will let you know for sure in a day or so but i need to know the exact year to the car so i can search hope to hear from ya soon rob
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 7:37 PM
Airbags in the pick-a-part yard I goto are $35...

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 7:41 PM
people say that jbody is full of winers and cry babys, but this really says otherwise

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:16 PM
pssh who needs air bags( TOTALLY KIDDING) some people on here are decent. i just want to see this project back in the running because of the whole locked debate last time.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:01 PM
Robert Horvath wrote:hey i can also look around for a few air bags for your car i know a couple of people who work for gm and i might be able to get them cheap i will let you know for sure in a day or so but i need to know the exact year to the car so i can search hope to hear from ya soon rob

its a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2.4L.... 2 door if that makes a difference.. let me know what you find... im still not sure whats going on yet with the insurance company but looks like its %95 garentied to be fixed.. either by me or the insurance company...

Jcavi wrote:people say that jbody is full of winers and cry babys, but this really says otherwise

im not going to lie there are a lot of Jack asses on this site... but to every one here HUGE thanks goes out to you guys! the TWIN CHARGED sunfire will rise again!! and come back with a slightly new look and possibly faster

Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:02 AM
well its good that there taking all the parts into consideration.......... all the stuff u got into your car would probably be its life saver right there

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search