I guess i should of put it in storage early.... - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I guess i should of put it in storage early....
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:03 PM
Well not what i wanted right at the end of the season, i just got done lowering it and finishing the first stage of mods i wanted to complete. and boom it's all messed up. According to the whitness there was a school bus stopping to let kids out way up the road, so the person in front of me stopped, i stopped, the girl behind me stopped, but the guy in a jeep behind her didn't. He plowed into her, she hit me, then he hit her again, and she plowed into me again. I hope it's not totaled, the car only has 5,500 miles on it but the damange is looking pretty bad to me. Anyway here is the pics.

here is my exhuast, it's hard to tell from the picture but the heatshield is all bent in, the muffler is pushed down and right behind the header the pipe is shoved into the body of the car.

I don't know if this is the frame that's bent or what, this was taken right in the wheel well, can anyone tell me if it is?

And this is where it sits now, in the garage until i can get some info from insurance companies and what not to get an estimate on fixing it

Re: I guess i should of put it in storage early....
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:07 PM
bastards

deleted
Re: I guess i should of put it in storage early...
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:08 PM
the unibody is bent, its done. Sorry dude. Both my cavys got hit and bent like that. If it was just a dented 1/4 you'd be fine, but they wont attempt to fix it if the unibody is all out of wack. I would be its totalled, even if it doesnt look that bad. Cavys dont often get through accidents and still come back.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:10 PM
Thats sucks man. Hope you can get it fixed.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:15 PM
start to pull @!#$ off

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:16 PM
sucks to see man.

might be fixable.

chick hit me at a dead stop in a cherokee back in 2001.

she hit me with me at a dead stop, i turned and swerved from the blow not to hit the person in front of me...she hit him, which pushed brian into an a6 that cracked her gas tank, and then that car hit nikke simcoe and spider cracked her rear bumper.

35-40mph hit.

my rear quarter panel crinkled exactly like that and the trunk didnt latch...

fixed.

g'luck with it.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:17 PM
well if your rims are fine and you dont want them anymore im interested

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:45 PM
An 05 with 5,500 miles still carries a good value. It will only be totaled if the damage exceeds 75% of the retail value. A quality shop can prepull the damaged areas (ie. the quarter and rail) to bring back there shape. Then they would replace the damaged panels, and yes that frame rail is replaceable and its really not that hard. It looks borderline to me (its hard to see in pictures) The insurance company will come and look at it and determine whether its fixable or not let us know how you make out.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:50 PM
Yup that thing is done for. Sorry man. The rail is crushed beyond repair. You need some time on a frame machine, a new quarter, trunk, latch, rear panel, absorber, reinforcement, exhaust, the rear glass and side glass taken out. I can go on for a while longer but you are looking at almost or more than half the value of the car. Depending on your insurance company and what they cover, most won't fix a car after it goes over 50% of the value of the car or even up to 75% of the value. Good luck with it but I would start pulling stuff.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:56 PM
I cannot believe that much paint was left on the car after a crinkle job like that.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:02 PM
might be fixable. but more than likely if the unibody is bent then the insurance adjusters will probably total it. thats a major bummer man. it sucks when you put money into something and it gets messed up because some @!#$ isnt paying attention. sorry about your luck.

SIG coming to an org near you!!!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:05 PM
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:the unibody is bent, its done. Sorry dude. Both my cavys got hit and bent like that. If it was just a dented 1/4 you'd be fine, but they wont attempt to fix it if the unibody is all out of wack. I would be its totalled, even if it doesnt look that bad. Cavys dont often get through accidents and still come back.

Are you @!#$ kiding me. Shut your @!#$ mouth if you don't know what your talking about.

Your car isn't totaled. My 02 was way worse then that and they fixed it and sent me on my way. The unibody can be pulled back out easily and there is a piece back there that can just be unbolted and replaced. Just wait and see don't listen to stupid @!#$ on here that jsut say yeah its totaled casue my 97 was with less damage. The insurance company will fix it since its not really that bad so to say.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:08 PM
Sorry man, that car is completely gone. Pull everything you can off, let the insurance company tow it away...with that few miles, you should be able to get a nice settlement...

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:14 PM
IF and i say IF it is totaled then grab your check and buy it back from them. If that motor only has 5,500 miles on it it would look nice sitting in another cavalier and your sides and front lip would seem to be ok so your next cav (pending thats what you get) will look exaclty the same. Thats my take on things, glad your ok though. Later man.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:20 PM

That was with 20ish k on my car and they fixed it good as new. The frame looked just as bad as the panels. SO all you people saying oh yeah its totaled shut the @!#$ up and listen to people that have been threw it before.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:25 PM
Cavie Freak wrote:
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:the unibody is bent, its done. Sorry dude. Both my cavys got hit and bent like that. If it was just a dented 1/4 you'd be fine, but they wont attempt to fix it if the unibody is all out of wack. I would be its totalled, even if it doesnt look that bad. Cavys dont often get through accidents and still come back.

Are you @!#$ kiding me. Shut your @!#$ mouth if you don't know what your talking about.

Your car isn't totaled. My 02 was way worse then that and they fixed it and sent me on my way. The unibody can be pulled back out easily and there is a piece back there that can just be unbolted and replaced. Just wait and see don't listen to stupid @!#$ on here that jsut say yeah its totaled casue my 97 was with less damage. The insurance company will fix it since its not really that bad so to say.

Did you not see this picture.

What you don't see is what totals the car unfortanetly. Under that bumper the back panel is destroyed. So is the trunk floor and the frame rail. Yes the unibody car has a frame rail. It is welded onto the car. That needs to be replaced because from the looks of it, it is bent beyond repair. Meaning it is kinked to the point that it will be no good if it were to be in another accident.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:26 PM
yeah the angles dont look good

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:28 PM
David Alameda (Zspeedcav) wrote:
Cavie Freak wrote:

What you don't see is what totals the car unfortanetly. Under that bumper the back panel is destroyed. So is the trunk floor and the frame rail. Yes the unibody car has a frame rail. It is welded onto the car. That needs to be replaced because from the looks of it, it is bent beyond repair. Meaning it is kinked to the point that it will be no good if it were to be in another accident.

Hey dip @!#$ do you think I don't realize aobut the frame rails and the unibody. Mine WAS WORSE I wish I still had a pic of it but yeah im done argueing wiht stupid @!#$ idiots on this site. But hey if you want to depress him with saying its totaled when you have no @!#$ clue then go right ahead.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:30 PM
But you never know. It could be fine. It does have low miles and it is an 05. Really it is up to your insurance company and body shop now.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:33 PM
good luck getting it fixed i think they will fix it

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:36 PM
Chill out man, Don't cry about it. Can't argue about the dip @!#$ part. I guess that is true. I better watch were I dip my stick from now on.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:39 PM
Cavie Freak wrote:

That was with 20ish k on my car and they fixed it good as new. The frame looked just as bad as the panels. SO all you people saying oh yeah its totaled shut the @!#$ up and listen to people that have been threw it before.

my 97 with 130k on it got fixed and it was exactly like that ^ except on the drivers side, so you will probably be able to get it fixed

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:41 PM
the way it bent down and didnt crumple im really suprised the rear quarter window didnt shatter....

thats a tough call.. if it were a year older and had more miles on it.. it would be gone for good

but i hate to say it, that car will never be right again

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:46 PM
OMG Nick that sucks. I cannot believe that. Damnit that thing was looking good to man. Hit me up sometime man.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:48 PM
Cavie Freak wrote:
David Alameda (Zspeedcav) wrote:
Cavie Freak wrote:

Hey dip @!#$ do you think I don't realize aobut the frame rails and the unibody. Mine WAS WORSE I wish I still had a pic of it but yeah im done argueing wiht stupid @!#$ idiots on this site. But hey if you want to depress him with saying its totaled when you have no @!#$ clue then go right ahead.

ok step one
chill the @!#$ out. youve been spittin out curse words for no reason since your first post
relax, its just the internet, my god, no one made fun of your mother or anything

step two
in your instance, it looks like it was just pushed in
it may be the pic, but in this case, it looks like it was pushed in and down, and it looks like the roof may have been streched down via the c-pilar. but again, it may be just the pic

step three
we wait to see what his insurance company does, because ultimately its their opinion on what they wil pay to get done

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search