rear ended a semi - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rear ended a semi
Sunday, December 10, 2006 4:29 PM

fell asleep and rear ended a semi...lot better then i would think would happen...

i need a:
core support
radiator
bumper
hood
driver fender

going to order an OEM c/f hood, two new fenders and an LS sport bumper, and repaint the whole car sunburst orange...

Re: rear ended a semi
Sunday, December 10, 2006 4:41 PM
did you hit the trailer or the rig it's self? either way, damage isn't as bad as you would expect it to be. Glad you made it through. Sounds like it'll come back much better though

Best quarter mile to date - 15.750 @ 85.82
"We ride together, we die together. Bad Boys for life"

Nimbus 9, some friends of my that rock! Click and experience them for yourself
Sunday, December 10, 2006 5:17 PM
i hit the trailer, the bars that come down in the rear so you dont go underneath it. Thats what i hit. No airbag deploying or frame damage. Should be an easy fix, and ill bring it back that much better. @!#$ty thing is this weekend was going to be the weekend i put my hahn kit on..but thats further delayed now.

Monday, December 11, 2006 11:19 AM
how do you fall asleep while driving?

Monday, December 11, 2006 11:38 AM
its easier then one would imagine.......

I've almost done it a few times, and once did fall asleep while sitting at a stop light.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, December 11, 2006 11:41 AM
Tuesday, December 12, 2006 2:05 PM
actually im diabetic, so more chances then not i blacked out...but good try.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 4:09 PM
i work a shift that makes me start at 1am...its plenty easy to fall asleep at the wheel. the first month or so while i adjusted to the hours, i think i drove by brail with the lane divider bumps.

good to see you're ok. those bars on the back of the trailer are definately life savers.

GO PATS!!!
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 4:14 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]how do you fall asleep while driving?
i second that. if you are feeling tired/lack of sugar in your case/anything else. pull off to the shoulder or an exit and take care of it. If i take a long trip and get tired i pull of onto the shoulder, lock my doors and set my phone for twenty minutes. I suggest you look into doing the same

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:54 AM
^^^ you cant always predict whats gunna happen when you're diabetic.

case in point,

was stayin at my grand-paps house (he is diabetic), woke up, went to go hunting, he was fine, driving down the road not 5min later, he blacked out, no warning, nothing, just blacked out, luckily we ran off the side of the road into a field. no damage to anything, and thankfully none to him or me.

so you cant always KNOW you're feeling something.......or whatever you wanna call it.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 1:46 PM
well i did not know that...but in general.....follow my guidelines

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again

Saturday, December 16, 2006 3:23 PM
Glad you're ok, I can understand somewhat where you're coming from, i'm epileptic so I have to worry bout having seizures, i'm on medication which prevents me from having them but if I miss a meal during the day or look at a computer/TV screen for too long I can actually provoke a seizure. Sometimes I dont feel them coming but most of the time I do, I have to be seizure free for 6 months before I can drive again after having a seizure. Glad you're ok though, good luck with the rebuild!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search