NINE WEEKS and $12g's she's back... - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NINE WEEKS and $12g's she's back...
Monday, December 11, 2006 10:58 PM
Nine weeks ago, October 11, I rear ended a Silverado pickup with my '05 LS Sport. Major front end damage including windshield, both airbags, and sunroof. Apparantly for those of us with '04 and '05 LS Sports, the front bumper cover which includes basically the entire front end of the car under the headlights, including the fog lights is on a national backorder. The car was pulled straight, both front bumpers, lights, hood, radiator, condenser core, everything was done by the third week. I was told every time they ordered the bumper cover for the LS Sport, they got the bumper from an LS without the fog lights. It took a month of INCOMPETENCY waiting to find a nose. I was actually going to order the nose from RK Sport just to get the car on the road again when a nose was found in a junk yard somewhere in PA, cleaned up and installed. The car comes back only to run out of tranny fluid the second day. They missed a cracked transfer case cover (on the l/s side of the engine from the bellhousing to the main trans body). That took another two weeks. Now I'm waiting for the trans to start to slip from the roasty toasty she took with no fluid.

The final bill came to $12,280.59. I have no clue why they didn't total the car. I could have bought a Cobalt for that price. GEICO covered it all. I'll probably get dropped when my renewal comes up even though this is my first and only accident in 16 years of driving. I didn't bother posting the pics because my camera phone sucks. I never got the before pics with my Cybershot.

Re: NINE WEEKS and $12g's she's back...
Tuesday, December 12, 2006 4:11 AM
im suprised they didnt total it either

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 4:25 AM
you now have a cavalier thats worth something!

1997 RedR - ZedR
Tuesday, December 12, 2006 4:29 AM
they won't drop you yet, they've gotta raise your rates first and get their money back. When I had my first and only accident thus far the total for damage on my 89 Bonneville was the same amount that I had paid in insurance, so I called it even .

-Chris

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 7:01 PM
whitegoose( RedR-ZedR) wrote:you now have a cavalier thats worth something!

YEAH, My wife said now I have the only $30K Cavvy in the neighborhood!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search