Montana guys get jacked - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Montana guys get jacked
Saturday, January 13, 2007 7:48 PM
Welp, both Josh (wojo) and I "wrecked" our cars on the same day this past week.

First for me.
I was at work and in 8 hours we got like 4 inches of snow. I went out to my car and the snow had drifted on my car. Took me half an hour to get it all off so I could drive home. I actually told my co-worker that I should just stay there tonight (hotel). Turns out I should have.
I decided to take the interstate because thats usually the first to be cleared by the plows. Turns out they had cleared it but that the whole road was ice because as I had later found out, it had rained before it snowed.
I was about 1mile from my exit when she just broke loose. Spun a 180 and went perpindicular to the interstate for a while then I headed for the "ditch" and took out a reflector pole and a big sign.
First thing I did was call the cops which I found out later was a bad thing to do. He didn't write a ticket though so that was good. Luckily I was able to drive outta the "ditch". When the cop was walking back to my car, he slipped and fell and I looked back and about 50 feet back from where I slid off there was another car that did the same thing.
Ironically I think I may have hit a sign that said watch for ice.
Only damage was the driver door, trunk, and rear bumper.
I went to a couple body shops and they wanted $900 for the door. I basically told um that I'd just get a new door. I'll be getting a new trunk but I still can't figure out what is keeping it from sitting flush. I think i'm gonna leave the bumper til I go to wyotech and then I'll prolly just slap a kit on it, haven't decided yet.

PICS:

Now for josh (as written by him):
I was in class about 1pm and i got outta school. I was walking through the hall and people kept askin me what happened to my car. I thought nothing of it, got out to my car and decided I would check it out. Low and behold a girl forgot to set her E-Brake and her car rolled into mine. She turned herself in, but now she's playin games. I'll prolly end up calling her parents on Tuesday if she doesn't have her insurance info ready for me, cause i'm not playing games with this one.
Basically just chipped the paint off.

PIC (he only gave me 1 pic):

Any comments etc. welcomed.

-Seth

Re: Montana guys get jacked
Saturday, January 13, 2007 7:58 PM
chipped the paint off and tweeked the bumper pretty good. needs the whole bumper painted and realigned. the girl keeps tellin me she forgot her insurance info. its been almost a week already. i do know she has insurance tho. so weel see what happens

Saturday, January 13, 2007 8:00 PM
Its winter.... slow down. When its snowing, you shouldn't be doing the speed limit.

Saturday, January 13, 2007 8:01 PM
I was goin 40 - I had a cop pass me.

-Seth

Saturday, January 13, 2007 8:06 PM
We rarely get snow here....., but I wish everyone good luck and be safe.

Saturday, January 13, 2007 8:23 PM
you have a nice hertz rental car there!!! lol u still have the sticker in the back window

man that sucks... im glad that the cop didnt give you a ticket
ive never quite understood why the cops would give a ticket to somebody that hit ICE and then wrecked... makes no sense to me whatsoever... its not even ur fault AT ALL. so you cant control a frickn car on a sheet of ice... eh, who really can when u cant see it and ur going 65+mph?

Saturday, January 13, 2007 8:26 PM
z yaaaa wrote:you have a nice hertz rental car there!!! lol u still have the sticker in the back window

ive never quite understood why the cops would give a ticket to somebody that hit ICE and then wrecked... makes no sense to me whatsoever... its not even ur fault AT ALL. so you cant control a frickn car on a sheet of ice... eh, who really can when u cant see it and ur going 65+mph?
I've always wondered what that sticker was for, lol. I knew it was a rental but I didn't know what that sticker was for.
Exactly. Luckily the cop was really nice and he understood that it was slick as snot out.

-Seth

Saturday, January 13, 2007 8:26 PM
good thing for me was mine was completely snow unrelated. it didnt snow till later that nite. after it snowed on seth. he lives about 3 hrs away from me and i got less than half an inch.sucks tho. this will be the 3rd time the car goes to the body shop since ive had it. 2 times was cause of wrecks and both went on the other persons insurance. and the other one was to get the Z kit painted

Saturday, January 13, 2007 10:53 PM
Seth, for yours, I'd pull the trunk bezel close the trunk. Chances are the support behind the bezel is tweaked, causing it to sit higher (that's the case with Wolf's car), that way you can see how the latch is lining up with the trunk lid.

You are probably going to need either new clips that hold the rear bumper, or the holes that the clips go through tore...

For the door, a 95-02 GT door or 03+ door will be the best bet. The skins on the door for the 03+ are the same skins that are on the GTs

Josh, if her parents are not cooperative, I'd call your insurance co. and see if they are willing to pursue the info. If you can get the info from when she "turned herself in" or if you already have a copy of that, send a copy of it to your insurace co. ASAP.

Saturday, January 13, 2007 11:06 PM
thanks man. but yeah. she supposedly keeps forgetting to bring the info in. she filled out one of those cards and she just keeps forgetting it. so. if she dont have it at school tuesday then ill be going to her parents. and if they dont respond. my dads a cop. ill let him handle it from ther. . im not to worried about it. im not even pissed really

Saturday, January 13, 2007 11:06 PM
If it helps, i have a red bumper in good shape im trying to get rid of from an 03. If you're interested, shoot me a PM

Saturday, January 13, 2007 11:16 PM
Wojo wrote:and if they dont respond. my dads a cop.

LOL That works too

Saturday, January 13, 2007 11:33 PM
z yaaaa wrote:you have a nice hertz rental car there!!! lol u still have the sticker in the back window

Are you serious?

Monday, January 15, 2007 9:55 AM
Rosario wrote:

Are you serious?

eh yeah.. i dont understand.... ?? whats the problem?

Monday, January 15, 2007 5:11 PM
z yaaaa wrote:
Rosario wrote:

Are you serious?

eh yeah.. i dont understand.... ?? whats the problem?

1. It is your fault, you should be driving slower. Although Ice cannot be avoided, accidents on ice can
2. If theres a chance of ice you shouldn't be going 65+
3. The reason the cop gives you the ticket, is for going 65+ with unsafe road conditions.

Usually the cop wont give you a ticker for that unless you caused damage to another car or property.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search