I Have 0 Luck (Sunfire got messed up) - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I Have 0 Luck (Sunfire got messed up)
Monday, February 19, 2007 11:33 PM
Yea, very horrible horrible nite.

Driving home from my GF's, going up lauzon parkway, doing 70, around midway between the ford lights and quality way lights I heard a grinding, like ABS kicking in HARD, I'm like WTF?.

So about 2 seconds after I heard the grinding, THUD!!!, car drops. I slide to a stop, bout 30 feet or so. Watch the wheel roll about 20 feet and fall on its face. Curse like a sailor.

Get out, sikeskirts torn, fenders mangled, bumpers gouged. Dunno if theres any suspension on oilpan carnage but I'll see in the morning.

Cops showed up, asked me and I quote "Where did All the people in your car go" I tell them theres been no one, they say BS I argue with them, they leave.

Call my dad, he calls a tow truck. I wait.

Anyhow, spend 30 min getting it on a tow truck, brought it home, put it in the driveway. Started drinking. Will look at it tommorrow.

*Cliffs Notes - 5 wheel studs snapped, even with hubcentric rings and proper balancing etc etc. Car slid for a while messed up the passenger side. Im ok but pissed. *

Re: I Have 0 Luck (Sunfire got messed up)
Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:42 AM
damn dude that sucks, have u had any work done lately to it? especially on that side? Maybe the lugs were over torqued or something. Did u find the hubring? It being plastic i wonder if it melted?

sucks man, truely one of my favorite fires out there...

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 9:31 AM
Damn....Thats really @!#$ty!! I hope you get it back on the road soon. Its such a beautiful car. If you need anything, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:00 AM
NOOOOOO!! that freakin sucks man.... your car was amazing!! any pics of the damage? what are you plans now?

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 9:38 PM
Well here they are, its worse then it looks in pic, hids alot of the dents, cracks, misc.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:14 PM
looks like a couple studs have been cracked for a while

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:24 PM
hmmm why do you say that?
Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:57 PM
howd the front bumper come out?? do you know if you'll be fixin it up again? how serious/cost?

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 11:02 PM
Front bumper will be back. It IS the car. I can fix it, mark my words. But taking pictures of it as is makes me cry.

I've spent 100 bucks so far on suspension parts. Thats "new" control arm, hub, studs, brakes(both sides). Plus misc crap.

I figure I'll get another fender (bout 50-75 bucks from a wrecker or someone selling it on a forum)

Got the streetfire sides itching to go on in the garage.

Once I figure out what rear I'll get I'm gonna grab that.

Then paint.
Wednesday, February 21, 2007 7:21 AM
Laffs99GT wrote:Front bumper will be back. It IS the car. I can fix it, mark my words.

YYAAAAYYYY!!!! thats all i wanted to hear!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 3:28 PM
look at the light blue arrows(i suck at photo shop) those dark areas show what looks like they were cracked for a long period of time

the 1 on the left has been for a while , the 1 on the right i couldnt tell very well because your pic was angled , and not straight on

fresh breaks are clean , and areas that have seen weather will be dirty looking

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 4:03 PM
I'd have to agree with him ^^^
Maybe one of the cracked ones broke, caused the other cracked one to break and then the other 3 consequently snapped.

Sucks to hear. That'd be an interesting ride.

-Seth

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:47 PM
Interesting, this makes me glad I swappedout all 20 studs on the car now.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007 8:00 PM
sadness has overcome t2

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search