canadian tire screwed my cougar - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
canadian tire screwed my cougar
Saturday, February 10, 2007 7:55 PM
well shortly before i got my 98 z24 i was the very proud owner of a 1994 cougar xr7.immaculate car black with green interior .it was much nicer than it sounds.anywaybeing as i have a small baby i decided to get my tires changed.took my car to the local canadian tire.they went to pull it in and it wouldn't start.solenoid was actin up so we crossed it no big deal.anyway the tires got changed but when the mechanic parked the car he left it in reverse.which is not normally a problem cause cars have neutral safety switches for this reason.well long story short mine does not.when they stared my car it took off in reverse acros the cshop colliding witha hoist that was raised in the air.

the carnage was bad
shattered the back window
bent the whole roof.
cracked windsheild.
bent trunk
tore up headliner
bent the rear package tray panel and ripped the carpet also
filled my car with glass

well i was pissed but the mechanic thought it was funny and laughed
well he got told off.i talked to the manager he said it was not their fault.called the head office same answer.when i finally went back to the store the manger wouldn't talk to me at all.i was very upset because i was standing behind the car when it took of.i just bearly got out of the way.i'm just glad my little boy wasn't in the car becuse his seat was filled with glass.long story short ther was well beyond
$2000 worth of damage.was gonna fix the car but on the way to work on it the next day she id what all 3.8 fords do and blew .well i still ow 1300 hundred on my baby and i sold it for scrap got 100 bucks
woo hoo
i still feel canadian tire shjould have compensated me
oh well
lesson being never take anything not even a wheel barrow to canadian tire
Trevor mullins

Re: canadian tire screwed my cougar
Sunday, February 11, 2007 2:50 AM
Turn it into insurance and let them battle it out with the tire shop.

Sunday, February 11, 2007 3:59 AM
I would take them to court. Not their fault my ass, it is 100% their fault.

I had a cougar before my cav. Scariest thing in the world to drive. Big boat with no abs and sucked up the gas.
Sunday, February 11, 2007 7:31 AM
didn't have full coverage so couldn't go the insurance route.and as far as battling in court the court fees woulda been more than the value of the car so i gave up and scrapped prob my fav car of all time .i have electronic suspension on mine so it firmed up after 110kmh and handled like a dream.i also had ans but the v6 was gettin decent gas mileage

Sunday, February 11, 2007 11:33 AM
Trevor Mulins wrote:didn't have full coverage so couldn't go the insurance route.and as far as battling in court the court fees woulda been more than the value of the car so i gave up and scrapped prob my fav car of all time .i have electronic suspension on mine so it firmed up after 110kmh and handled like a dream.i also had ans but the v6 was gettin decent gas mileage

that is 100% what they counted on you being a lazy cheap , and a dumb ass

sorry to say it , but its the truth

Sunday, February 11, 2007 11:50 PM
You still could have called your insurance co. to see if they could do anything.

In a sense, its like someone hitting you.

Monday, February 12, 2007 7:31 AM
I would have called the police...

Monday, February 12, 2007 6:36 PM
They smashed up your car, and it's not their fault? How the hell does that work?

Monday, February 12, 2007 6:49 PM
I work at the Canadian Tire in Orleans, Ontario (ottawa).
This one time a tire/oil changer guy left a huge SUV in drive. The SUV was pointed straight towards a lifted hoist where one of the top mechanics was doing something to rear of this shady old car. anyways the suv rolled ahead and pinned the mechanic between the hoist hydraulic lift thing and the hood. He was lucky he wasn't killed. Our CT ended up paying for the damage to the guys SUV.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 7:31 AM
John Lenko wrote:They smashed up your car, and it's not their fault? How the hell does that work?

they intimidated him into thinking they werent at fault

and it worked

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:44 AM
Wow man that sucks you should of sued.

My car--->http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2569452

Sunday, February 25, 2007 12:22 AM
Like I say with everyone else, CT is 100% at fault, If you are getting work done, They are responsible for youre car. One week before a long weekend, I took my 90 stang 5.0L into canadian tire to get an oil change done, 15 min oil change great I was ready to go back to work, while I was heading back to work, I hear my lifters making noise I am like WTF, then my oil light kicks on, I am trying to get my car off to the side of the road, Beofre I screw my motor, I get off the side of the road. I smell oil pop the hood, Look at where the oil leaking from, The CT tech didnt tighten the oil filter properly, I get my car towed back to crappy tire. I fliped out on the Manager there, He telling me its my fault, I told him hes FOOKed my engine. I called the cops to get a police report done, I got the them to pay for the tow bill, Also got them to add another oil change while I watched, So to make a long story short, My engine was toast back knock, bottom was shot, I phoned head office told them, I will be taking legal action, My lawyer contacted, Head office of CT, Allow them the option to settle out of court or let the court decide. About a week or so, Head office agreed to pay for a complete rebuild of my 302 motor. $3500 cdn, And also $500 in store cash credit. And the CT tech was fired, Because this was a repeating problems customers had, I was ready to take legal action, I was so glad things worked out.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 7:52 PM
Yea you dont have to do @!#$ just scare the @!#$ out of them

My car--->http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2569452

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search