my turn at the "im done" post... - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my turn at the "im done" post...
Sunday, April 01, 2007 12:25 PM
yep... thats right. im 99.9999% sure im completely done with my car. i knew i would be posting this some time sooner or later, emphasis on the later part. NEVER thought i would be posting it this soon. I went up to see my fiance today in muncie and came home and went to go wash the car. went to make sure the pass. side window was up and found a nice large dent between my door and rear wheel. along with the dent, placed nicely in the middle is a shoe print... with the toe pointing down (heel point up).

yes i know this isnt that big of a deal, but when its the rear quarter panel and i already dont have the excess of money to put into the car.... im just going to call it done.

anyone want a gt front bumper? i can get it painted whatever color...

Re: my turn at the "im done" post...
Sunday, April 01, 2007 12:52 PM
soo... im pretty sure that everything (although its not much) is up for sale

the wheels (bronze ones) [brings me to tears to type that]
B&G springs
front GM strut bar
rear meagan racing strut bar

still have for sale
mtx subs and amp
clear turn signal lenses
other stuff im sure im forgettin

anywho, PM me offers or questions i'll post pics later (too bright outside right now)

thanks for lookin...

Sunday, April 01, 2007 1:01 PM
Hey Jason, that sucks man..... But about them wheels

PM me a price, offset and width of the wheel please! There might be a mystery cup of syrup in it for you

Sunday, April 01, 2007 2:15 PM
So just some random person did this?? that sucks.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Sunday, April 01, 2007 2:54 PM
Man I'd be pissed...sucks that happened to your car. I hope that you have better days with it.

05 Mazda RX-8
Sunday, April 01, 2007 3:00 PM
A+: yep, some random (im guessing drunk) guy decided to kick in my quarter panel...

06Cobalt: oooh i was (am)!! ive seen great days with it, dont plan on them gettin any better... now im just waiting till the car dies i guess.

Sunday, April 01, 2007 3:07 PM
I would just die if my car had that happen. The worse that has happened is i hit a semi truck tire debri on the highway at 80mph and broke my grill my grill inserts and dented my hood. But i saved my life, and i ran into my ex boyfriends car (well backed into it) and scratched my fender, and hit his door against mine LOL. But other then that nothing too BAD.

05 Mazda RX-8
Sunday, April 01, 2007 5:26 PM
joke?
Re: my turn at the
Sunday, April 01, 2007 6:08 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHHA i just realized it was posting this on "April Fool's day"

but, unfortunately, no... no joke

Sunday, April 01, 2007 6:14 PM
How much for the strut bar?

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!
Sunday, April 01, 2007 7:04 PM
noooooooo say it ant so why give up now. any how good luck an we wont forget ya, here now get yer @$$ up here. Let me know if you need anything bro. Hey atleast make one meet before you let her go.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41

Sunday, April 01, 2007 8:20 PM
Very interested in wheels and springs.... how are the tires? How much? I can pick up.
Sunday, April 01, 2007 9:05 PM
PICS!!!

THE CULPRIT!!!!

close up

and on a side note: here some of the interior progess... look how smooooth!!

so, anyone think i can access the other side of the qrtr panel and pop that beast out?? if so, how??

Sunday, April 01, 2007 9:19 PM
a plunger might be able to suck on there and pull alot of it out then there would be some finish work. also pull off th interior panel should be able to get to it some from behind all that. Sucks to see that though man.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, April 01, 2007 10:56 PM
dry ice? haha or use a good amout of hot glue with something to pull it out ... may just work
Monday, April 02, 2007 12:00 AM
Trade you stock suspension for your springs

Monday, April 02, 2007 12:41 AM
Honestly, that's nothing compared to my dad's car damage, I will post up some before and after pictures... To fix that it should only cost $200-$400 at the most. Good luck.

Monday, April 02, 2007 2:04 AM
just get it fixed....don't let some punk kid ruin your fun. Who really wins then?

Monday, April 02, 2007 4:29 AM
If you're going to keep driving it, why part it out? I stopped modding my Sunfire years ago, but didn't take it apart. Also, I agree that shouldn't cost a whole lot to fix. My fiance's rear quarter had a big crease/dent from someone's mirror and it cost around $300 total.

Monday, April 02, 2007 4:37 AM
i agree with star no need to sell what you have, just drive it as it is, it still looks good with the exception of the dent. we could problaby pop it out but it might be better to leave to a professional.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, April 02, 2007 3:06 PM
GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS:

bad news: well i talked to the insurance company today and they said that since "we dont have any proof that it was vandilism" the repairs will not be covered. so apparently there are people going around kickin their own cars for the sheer enjoyment?? idiots.. screw em!

good news: my body shop guy said that he would only charge me for materials and would let me do the labor. i'll have to push as much of the panel out and then we'll have to grind it down and use a rail gun to pull all the creases out. depending on how fast i can do it and how much material i use it may cost no more than 100!!

so... unfortunately (for some of you), you can stop PM'ing me about parts. the way its looking now, i'll prolly take him up on the offer and fix it. i not sure when i'll be able to do this because i work during the day all week (landscaping). i'll try to remember to take my camera and maybe i'll get some pics up... then i'll post in the Photo/media forum since it technically wont be wrecked/jacked/sold (not that it is really, but a mod was bored and moved it.... so now i'll just have to make a new post!! )

anywho, sorry if i got any of your hopes up with me parting it out. im sure jason (sndsgood) was happy to hear because he would no longer have to worry about me whoopin him at all the shows!! ahahhaha I DO WANNA thank everyone for the PM's and interest in parts... if and when i do part this thing out hopefully there will be as much interest then as there was now!!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 4:58 AM
glad your keeping it dude. no need to sell all your crap. let me know if you need any help and i'll bet it out with a hammer

oh, an they are hiring customer service at my wifes work if your intrested.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 8:14 AM
noooooooo you got me all excited about the wheels. I live in Indiana too so I would've grabbed them in an instant.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search