Show fire RIP - Page 2 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Show fire RIP
Monday, July 23, 2007 10:28 PM
Now that's a damn shame.




Re: Show fire RIP
Monday, July 23, 2007 10:47 PM
cannon fodder wrote:

Karo (Car Customs) wrote:

Tony, he was not drunk or on drugs. Brandon can explain the rest.


i am assuming nothing at this point. this is more than just a fender-bender though, it's a pretty serious crash. there's obviously a story behind it, and im waiting on details before i pass judgement/condolences. im hoping it's the later.



Front end being caught / jammed in a ditch makes a car fly in all sorts of directions.







Re: Show fire RIP
Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:12 AM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:

cannon fodder wrote:

Karo (Car Customs) wrote:

Tony, he was not drunk or on drugs. Brandon can explain the rest.


i am assuming nothing at this point. this is more than just a fender-bender though, it's a pretty serious crash. there's obviously a story behind it, and im waiting on details before i pass judgement/condolences. im hoping it's the later.



Front end being caught / jammed in a ditch makes a car fly in all sorts of directions.


Makes perfect sense now looking at that pic. im suprised he walked away, says alot about a cavs structure.



Re: Show fire RIP
Tuesday, July 24, 2007 8:26 AM
Wrench Monkey wrote:

Karo (Car Customs) wrote:

cannon fodder wrote:

Karo (Car Customs) wrote:

Tony, he was not drunk or on drugs. Brandon can explain the rest.


i am assuming nothing at this point. this is more than just a fender-bender though, it's a pretty serious crash. there's obviously a story behind it, and im waiting on details before i pass judgement/condolences. im hoping it's the later.



Front end being caught / jammed in a ditch makes a car fly in all sorts of directions.


Makes perfect sense now looking at that pic. im suprised he walked away, says alot about a Fire's structure.


fixed it for you....




GOOOOOOD GOD!!!! WOW! I'm glad he came out of it alright...... someone needs to buy him a lottery ticket! Sucks about the car though! The seats ok?




SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
RACER X - '78 Opel Kadett W41 Swap

Re: Show fire RIP
Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:09 AM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:

cannon fodder wrote:

Karo (Car Customs) wrote:

Tony, he was not drunk or on drugs. Brandon can explain the rest.


i am assuming nothing at this point. this is more than just a fender-bender though, it's a pretty serious crash. there's obviously a story behind it, and im waiting on details before i pass judgement/condolences. im hoping it's the later.



Front end being caught / jammed in a ditch makes a car fly in all sorts of directions.
Karo is right... No point in why you are posting such a rediculous comment. I have talked to Derek myself and it definitly sounds like a mechanical failure.. I know the roads where this happend and they suck. I'm just glad he is ok. I will miss driving that car though...



P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Re: Show fire RIP
Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:07 PM


A part of me just died looking at that pic.

RIP, glad Derek is alright.....definately lucky.

Hope you both still attend the bash, you need to at this point.





Re: Show fire RIP
Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:22 PM
Wow, just wow.. Glad to know he is ok.
I'm sorry for your lose.




Re: Show fire RIP
Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:48 PM
cars can be replaced. brothers can't. glad to hear he made it out of that carnage alright.




5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Re: Show fire RIP
Tuesday, July 24, 2007 2:19 PM
Glad to hear your bro is alright. sucks about the car though i never saw it in one piece probably was pretty sweet.



Re: Show fire RIP
Tuesday, July 24, 2007 3:54 PM
Re: Show fire RIP
Tuesday, July 24, 2007 8:06 PM
Damn that really sucks. That was one of the cars I was really looking forward to seeing at the bash. Well at least hes alright. Weird to think I was just showing someone pics of that car just yesterday.








Re: Show fire RIP
Tuesday, July 24, 2007 9:06 PM
Glad to see he made that out okay. That crash looks absolutely horrid.



Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)



Re: Show fire RIP
Tuesday, July 24, 2007 9:38 PM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:

Karo is right... No point in why you are posting such a rediculous comment. I have talked to Derek myself and it definitly sounds like a mechanical failure.. I know the roads where this happend and they suck. I'm just glad he is ok. I will miss driving that car though...


i made a rediculous comment cause i wanted more information about the crash?

let's see. there's any number of things that could have caused a crash like this:

speeding
drinking
drugs
mechanical failure
inattentive driving
racing
poor driving conditions
other driver's fault
etc.

based on the amount of damage in the picture, i could assume that it's any one of those. instead, i said that i wanted to know more details about the crash before i make any assumptions. if it's not his fault (i.e. mechanical failure or another driver's fault) then i would offer my condolences for the loss of such a great car. if (for any reason) it was his fault, then i'd be a little less likely to feel sorry for him.

i don't talk to either Derek or Brandon, so i don't know anything about the crash. i still don't. all i know so far is some sort of mechanical failure and a ditch.

can anyone give a reasonable explanation as to what happened? there's obviously a story here, and the fact that everyone's being so hush about it sounds fishy. if it takes 30 "rediculous comments" to get some answers, so be it.

i, for one, would like to think that it's not his fault, but i want details before i offer condolences/critique.




Re: Show fire RIP
Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:51 PM
guess im gonna be the morbid one here and say , I WANT TO SEE MORE PICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sucks to see such a nice car go to hell in a matter of a few brief moments








Re: Show fire RIP
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 6:02 AM
I walked the scene, went over every scenario and talked to Derek in length. My opinion is that something had to have failed whether it be blown tire or air bag it's really difficult to say now.Derek said he was going along and it dropped real hard on the left side and instantly turned left and off the road. He was going straight and there was no reason for this to have happened other than mechanical failure. He stated he was going around 60 in a 55 mph section of the hwy. No drugs or alcohol were involved. I'm a little perturbed that you are even attempting to place blame and call it FISHY. I only hope you are never put in this position. We are still trying to deal with the fact that we almost lost our son in this accident so that is why it has been so quiet. Please have some respect not only for us but other people that are put in this situation. We truly believe that BK gave up his wings for Derek on Sunday night.
Chris Fetter



R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Re: Show fire RIP
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 6:08 AM
Boosted2point4 wrote:

I walked the scene, went over every scenario and talked to Derek in length. My opinion is that something had to have failed whether it be blown tire or air bag it's really difficult to say now.Derek said he was going along and it dropped real hard on the left side and instantly turned left and off the road. He was going straight and there was no reason for this to have happened other than mechanical failure. He stated he was going around 60 in a 55 mph section of the hwy. No drugs or alcohol were involved. I'm a little perturbed that you are even attempting to place blame and call it FISHY. I only hope you are never put in this position. We are still trying to deal with the fact that we almost lost our son in this accident so that is why it has been so quiet. Please have some respect not only for us but other people that are put in this situation. We truly believe that BK gave up his wings for Derek on Sunday night.
Chris Fetter
Well put Chris... I told Greg Klocke the same thing..... I was just glad to hear Derek's voice when I called. BTW, you know if you need anything, just have one of the boys give me call...



P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Re: Show fire RIP
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 6:17 AM
Thanks. The tears are here and it is real difficult to imagine what could have been and to think of what the Klockes have gone through. I cant imagine myself or family in that situation.



R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Re: Show fire RIP
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 7:43 AM
wow... Again, I'm glad Derek's alright! Maybe a tie-rod failed? Not a common thing on J-bodies, but I've seen it enough on cars sitting on the side of the road this last week!




SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
RACER X - '78 Opel Kadett W41 Swap

Re: Show fire RIP
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 9:35 AM
Boosted2point4 wrote:

I walked the scene, went over every scenario and talked to Derek in length. My opinion is that something had to have failed whether it be blown tire or air bag it's really difficult to say now.Derek said he was going along and it dropped real hard on the left side and instantly turned left and off the road. He was going straight and there was no reason for this to have happened other than mechanical failure. He stated he was going around 60 in a 55 mph section of the hwy. No drugs or alcohol were involved. I'm a little perturbed that you are even attempting to place blame and call it FISHY. I only hope you are never put in this position. We are still trying to deal with the fact that we almost lost our son in this accident so that is why it has been so quiet. Please have some respect not only for us but other people that are put in this situation. We truly believe that BK gave up his wings for Derek on Sunday night.
Chris Fetter


finally, an explanation. thank you.

as i said several times, i was waiting for details before assuming he was doing anything wrong. im honestly quite glad to hear that it wasn't him being reckless like so many other people have been. i never said that i thought he was. i have nothing but respect for him and your family. i asked a simple question in my first post, and everyone who responded to me blew my inquiry out of proportion.

his sunfire, in its earlier stages was one of the main inspiriations for me to modify my sunfire. it is a shame to see it gone, and i am happy that he is ok.




Re: Show fire RIP
Sunday, July 29, 2007 5:45 PM
Boosted2point4 wrote:

I walked the scene, went over every scenario and talked to Derek in length. My opinion is that something had to have failed whether it be blown tire or air bag it's really difficult to say now.Derek said he was going along and it dropped real hard on the left side and instantly turned left and off the road. He was going straight and there was no reason for this to have happened other than mechanical failure. He stated he was going around 60 in a 55 mph section of the hwy. No drugs or alcohol were involved. I'm a little perturbed that you are even attempting to place blame and call it FISHY. I only hope you are never put in this position. We are still trying to deal with the fact that we almost lost our son in this accident so that is why it has been so quiet. Please have some respect not only for us but other people that are put in this situation. We truly believe that BK gave up his wings for Derek on Sunday night.
Chris Fetter




Very well put the last sentence brought a tear to my eye



Re: Show fire RIP
Monday, July 30, 2007 11:06 AM
that sucks. glad you're bro is alive. Can you post original pics of the car?



Re: Show fire RIP
Monday, July 30, 2007 11:33 AM
I agree with Cannon Fodder here, I dont know who you guys all are, at all personally, hell you probably never have heard of me on this site either.... I saw the sunfire before, in pics, and it was quite amazing.

however, it seems like everyones accidents that ive been hearing about lately, not nessecarily on JBO, have been induced by some kind of drug or alcohol, or just driving like a retard. This makes it hard to believe that someone in this situation with a car THAT messed up was just driving normally and for anything other than speeding, safely... (im saying nothing bad about speeding, because i find it hard to go 55 on a highway, 60+is the way to go for me).


It sucks to see such a nice car go, as theres not a whole lot of modded J's that I think are that amazing. At the same time, it really sucks that it happened despite doing everything right, not being an idiot or anything.

Its good to hear that he was able to walk away from the accident, nothing would be worse than to lose someone for that reason.

And on the lighter side of things, its a great excuse to start another project, hell if youre like all of us on this site, its no fun not having a car to work on!

This is my last post this month, and i give it to you with the best intentions, dont take anything personally or with offense, not that I think anything i said was offensive, just covering my tracks .

Best of luck to you guys, and its good to hear he's ok.

See you next month!
Re: Show fire RIP
Monday, July 30, 2007 10:26 PM
This is just scary. Hell I don't care about the car because that is the least important thing in a crash like that. I'm just glad that he is not hurt because he is very lucky for only suffering a broken nose in that type of accident. Cars can always be replaced, people can not be. Some people on here really need to learn how to have some respect towards others.



Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Re: Show fire RIP
Thursday, August 02, 2007 5:52 AM
Quote:

finally, an explanation. thank you.


What I do not understand is why you thought you deserved a explanation of what happened. not your car, or your brother. Who cares why it happened? You can't say sorry, glad your ok anyways? SO if it was his fault you then have to be a dick???? It was not posted on the ORG for you to pass judgement on. It was posted to let people know.



FU Tuning



Re: Show fire RIP
Thursday, August 02, 2007 8:18 AM
John Higgins wrote:

What I do not understand is why you thought you deserved a explanation of what happened. not your car, or your brother. Who cares why it happened? You can't say sorry, glad your ok anyways? SO if it was his fault you then have to be a dick???? It was not posted on the ORG for you to pass judgement on. It was posted to let people know.


i wouldn't have commented saying "sorry, anyway" if it had been him being reckless. im not like you John, i wouldn't go around preaching like a dick. i certainly don't see why you're getting all butt-hurt cause i wanted an explanation of what happened.

who cares why it happened? i do. im not going to offer condolences to someone who destroyed a beautiful car by being stupid, but i will offer condolences to someone who didn't deserve to have this tragedy (which is what happened).




Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search