Break-in: $2K electronics + handgun GONE - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Break-in: $2K electronics + handgun GONE
Friday, May 18, 2007 1:30 PM
I was in a bar for 45 minutes last night and when I came out, I noticed the rear seat was folded down. I looked closer and both doors were unlocked. I couldn't figure out why, I was SURE I had locked them. I went around to the passenger's side door and the plastic trim on the side was pulled out, the window was tilted outwards past the rubber trim and the door was unlocked from the inside. They took my:

GPS unit
XM radio (you forgot the base, antenna and service, retards!)
MP3/CD player (well they tried to take it but ruined it in the process)
Infinity subwoofer + box
B&M Shift Knob
CZ 75D PCR 9mm (that really broke my heart)

The cops couldn't be bothered to dust for prints or even stake out the street as there have been tons of break-ins there. I'm going to get a pager type alarm system and the next gun I get, I'm going to carry with me. If I knew who did this, I'd rip their faces right off their @!#$ing heads.

2002 Cavalier 2200 5spd

Re: Break-in: $2K electronics + handgun GONE
Friday, May 18, 2007 1:41 PM
man that sucks!! but what could suck more is if some one gets hurt by your gun. make sure you report it if you havent. dont wanna sound like an ass, but its your responsibility to keep firearms in a safe and secure place.

Friday, May 18, 2007 1:52 PM
I have reported it stolen. The gun was in the center console, which I had thought to be a reasonably safe and secure place. Hopefully the sh1thead that took it blows away a few of his homeboys with it and when he's arrested, I get it back safe and sound. If he files down the serial numbers, all hope is lost.

2002 Cavalier 2200 5spd

Friday, May 18, 2007 3:36 PM
Solid Snake wrote:I have reported it stolen. The gun was in the center console, which I had thought to be a reasonably safe and secure place. Hopefully the sh1thead that took it blows away a few of his homeboys with it and when he's arrested, I get it back safe and sound. If he files down the serial numbers, all hope is lost.

Ohhh no..they can still trace it back. And if its used in a murder, trust me, they will.. But who knows if youll get it back after that.

I cant belive they wouldnt come out. I mean the electronics are one thing, but the hand gun....there usually all over that

Friday, May 18, 2007 3:45 PM
just make sure 100% that the gun is reported stolen cuz if its used in a murder, you could be in trouble.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Thursday, June 14, 2007 5:03 AM
Do you live in that bad of town you need to carry a gun around?

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Sunday, June 24, 2007 6:28 AM
guns, thats the only thing i love about new mexico..open carry strap it on your waist visible and you can carry twin desert eagles almost anywhere as long as they are showing. i turn 21 on jul 21 and am buying a cz the monday after. i plan on installing a safe in the console tho bolted through the body ( i drive cross country alot) ill post pics up of the install when i get to it. may prevent other people from getting their gats ganked.

Friday, July 27, 2007 7:05 AM
Quote:

Do you live in that bad of town you need to carry a gun around?

Umm, well let's see, my car got broken into...

2002 Cavalier 2200 5spd

Thursday, August 02, 2007 8:38 AM
Geoff wrote:guns, thats the only thing i love about new mexico..open carry strap it on your waist visible and you can carry twin desert eagles almost anywhere as long as they are showing. i turn 21 on jul 21 and am buying a cz the monday after. i plan on installing a safe in the console tho bolted through the body ( i drive cross country alot) ill post pics up of the install when i get to it. may prevent other people from getting their gats ganked.

anyone with your age, immaturity, and mentality does not need a gun. period...

"gats" gtfo... go dig a hole in your ghetto and live there.... piece of trash....

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Monday, August 06, 2007 9:06 AM

Quote:

Ohhh no..they can still trace it back. And if its used in a murder, trust me, they will.. But who knows if youll get it back after that.

I cant belive they wouldnt come out. I mean the electronics are one thing, but the hand gun....there usually all over that

How can they trace back the gun if the serials are gone? There is no ballistic data from the factory, and certainly not from me. I know I won't get it back if it's used in a homicide. Even if by some miracle, they figure out the gun is mine after the thief scratched off the serials, I won't be getting it back because it's been defaced. It will have to be destroyed.

The cops were pretty cool and they did come out to the car, they just didn't check for prints. I'm sure they could have lifted some good ones off the B&M shift knob the thief unscrewed and threw on the floor. They also came out when someone threw a rock at my car while it was parked in front of my house. They're fairly good with things like this, but this kind of thing is usually out of everyone's control.

2002 Cavalier 2200 5spd

Monday, August 06, 2007 9:33 AM
hope you get everything straightened out. it sucks to hear people do this kind of thing. if you are living in an appartment, how hard is it for you to find one in a nicer area? might be worth a couple extra bucks a month if things are THAT rough in your city. lets hope that gun doesnt get used before it gets found, hopefully you get something back from this (insurance cover that stuff?). it sucks when people do these things, if it isn't too hard or too costly, i would definately move away from an area like that!!

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Monday, August 06, 2007 6:26 PM
stupid people and taking the b&M shifter knobs.
got my car broken into stole my deck and took my knob. 98% chance that they will never use it on any car and just throw it away or somthing. like @!#$ i hate these people.

all show, stock go
in the making
Monday, August 13, 2007 8:36 AM
wow bro, that sucks, i know that my guns are like family and they are dam expensive.. sorry to hear about your loss. i hope they(the cops) get ur stuff back.

2001 Ford F250 Superduty
7.3L PowerStroke Diesel
5" Turbo-Back Exhaust
XCal-2 With Tadds Tunes
Water/Methanol Injection
aFe Stage 2 Intake
Full Set of AutoMeter Gauges.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search