Say it aint so!!! - Page 3 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Say it aint so!!!
Monday, October 08, 2007 10:09 PM
drive out here brian , ill sell you a 97 Z24 with a 240whp 2.4 for it

lol

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 12:14 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]drive out here brian , ill sell you a 97 Z24 with a 240whp 2.4 for it

lol

hehe ill take one please

not really but i would take the trip with him

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 12:27 PM
Wrench Monkey wrote:[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]drive out here brian , ill sell you a 97 Z24 with a 240whp 2.4 for it

lol

hehe ill take one please

not really but i would take the trip with him

team green can take top honors with it , well once the car got striped inside , gonna be hard to beat karos slowfire with out loosing alot of weight

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 2:22 PM
any news? the car is going to be parted out that is why i am selling it as a shell. built motor is getting pulled along with all other performance parts. but it's still a perfect 01 chasie with 50,000 miles and a year off the road while the motor was getting built . and yes i will have a legal title in hand.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 5:18 PM
Well, I read the first page and I don't have much time before I have to leave. Man that sucks about your car! BUT, atleast you've got the best story I've heard of this nature yet, and atleast the OP in damaging your car got hurt and hurt his bitch with him.

And, atleast they didn't run into the front end of your car and wipe out the engine ir some freakish way.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 7:26 PM
update.....

The Claims department called today...... they say its totaled. $5400 in damages, + the possibility of another $1000 once they tear into it. They valued the car at $6700 (might have been $6900, I forget), so according to WI State Law, on any vehicle 7 years old or newer, it only takes 70% to total it. The agent did say that due to all the aftermarket parts on the car, if I can provide receipts, it could increase the value of the car. I just dont see it increasing enough (even though I have over $6k in receipts) to get it to clear the 70% mark.

Soo..... I'll be buying it back, thats for sure...... but then I need to decide on if I want to pick up another cav (shell or base model 00-02) and transfer everything I have over, or part it out and use the cash from the parts and insurance to go as a down payment on something else...... Its a hard choice to make.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 7:40 PM
the replacment talks are in in progress price is not the issue gettin the chasis to speed racer and the right color are the questions.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 8:07 PM
Damn this soo sucks!!!! Speed I understand why they are totalling it, but there is no damage that makes the car unsafe for the road. Can't you buy it back and fix it? In Florida they take cars with bent frames and fix them and put them back on the road.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 8:42 PM
Not sure ofthe laws in your state, but here in Ontario it is a long bitchy process to get a totalled car back on the road.
Pictures must be taken of EVERY step at a qualified body shop. Then it has to pass a structural safety test then it has to pass a provincial safety inspection, then and only then it can be licesned for the road again.
That REALLY sux man, I loved your car so much. Definately see if you can pick up that Shell and transfer everything over, the SpeedRacer cant die now, it has to reach 500WHP.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 8:50 PM
This is a bad day in Jbody history

You HAVE to keep it going Brian. You have too much time and money invested to move on to something else, if you do you will kick yourself in the ass everyday about how you should have got another one. Your the ONLY reason i have a Jbody and must keep it going. 500 hp is a possible with your motor and turbo setup why give up over a dumbass on a crotch rocket. Team GREEN has Jbody history to set and your the one who can start it. What else would you go with that would take up this much time in your life and make you happy? Ultimately its your choice but you know how i feel about it and you have plenty of cars to use as a "new" speedracer. All in all why give up now.

LD9 FOR LIFE!!!!! Team GREEN FTW!!!!!

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 9:04 PM
i am post whoring today for the fun of it. i am in contact with brian and we will hopefully work somthing out.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 10:47 PM
sorry to hear brian. If I was you....buy the car back....put all your parts in one of your other shells (what, 12?) and call it good. did you DD this car? do you have options? If you already got a DD...I'd just put this drivetrain in another shell.

I really feel down now though, your car has always been one of my favorites

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 5:54 AM
Wrench Monkey wrote:This is a bad day in Jbody history

You HAVE to keep it going Brian. You have too much time and money invested to move on to something else, if you do you will kick yourself in the ass everyday about how you should have got another one. Your the ONLY reason i have a Jbody and must keep it going. 500 hp is a possible with your motor and turbo setup why give up over a dumbass on a crotch rocket. Team GREEN has Jbody history to set and your the one who can start it. What else would you go with that would take up this much time in your life and make you happy? Ultimately its your choice but you know how i feel about it and you have plenty of cars to use as a "new" speedracer. All in all why give up now.

LD9 FOR LIFE!!!!! Team GREEN FTW!!!!!

keep it going brian..... if it werent for u and team green I wouldnt have the knowledge, skills and great friendship with you guys. I still remember the day that I met you and found out that you were the guy with the cavy that everyone talked about on hwy100. If it werent for hearing those rumors and getting my Z I wouldnt of ever met you and the rest of the team..... you and the rest of the team since the day I met all of you have brought great memorys into my life..... I just appreciate what you and the team have done for me and idk if theres a way i will ever repay all of you except lend a helping hand when need. I may not have my cav or a LD9 anymore but I wont forget were it all started.

Team GREEN

07 Cobalt SS/SC
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 9:41 AM
besides............ I dont wanna wait 5 years for tom to possibly get his built motor started once again...... by that time he will be married and banned from seeing us

Team GREEN

07 Cobalt SS/SC
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 10:09 AM
Its just a cavalier. Take this opportunity to buy something nice, something comfortable to drive, something that doesn't kick your ass just driving it. If you still want a fast cavalier put your motor in the black or green one thats just sitting at my house, hell put it in my green one I don't care, by that time I will have Jakes. Or just buy it back and we can fix it this winter at my work on the weekends and you can keep driving the same car. Remember the Oldsmobile, insurance totaled that and drove that thing for 5 years after it got totaled.

DTP, the guys an idiot because he rear ended a stopped car in a construction zone. I work for a road construction company and in the last 5 years we have lost 7 employees to @!#$ IDIOTS like this guy. Figured I would clarify that, seems you couldn't figure that out on your own.

Dugan
'98 Z24 15.0 1/4 all motor
Team GREEN
Member of <a href="http://www.wisconsin-js.com"> Wisc_Jbodies</a>
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 10:12 AM
sucks to hear about the total

give them the DAM RECIPTS , hell make some up

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 10:15 AM
OUCH! Im so sorry to hear about all this. Like Dugan said, put all your stuff in the green one and then TEAM GREEN will be officical... thats how it started anyway... everyone with green cavaliers. Dont give up.... You still have the green and purple cav. Knowing you, you'll be able to get all this worked out. If you still really want the blue, then go get the shell cav. Whatever you decide, be sure you'll be okay with the decision and move on without regrets. I sorta regret giving up my white cav but I've moved past that cuz I knew i had good reasons. Now, im happy with my current cav. He needs a lot of work but im still having fun with it. Again Im sorry man A sad day in JBO history today)

-Jason

Guess Who's back!!!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 11:17 AM
Z Speed Cavi wrote:besides............ I dont wanna wait 5 years for tom to possibly get his built motor started once again...... by that time he will be married and banned from seeing us

Dont really know how to respond to this but..... CURT CURT!!!!!!

Dugan whats he going to get a GTI

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:17 PM
That sucks to hear Brian. Regardless of whether you keep a J for your daily driver, stick that engine in a car, ANY car, and keep it as a toy.

15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:27 PM
Ian Brydon wrote:That sucks to hear Brian. Regardless of whether you keep a J for your daily driver, stick that engine in a car, ANY car, and keep it as a toy.

He can put it in mine :p

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:40 PM
Wrench Monkey wrote:
Ian Brydon wrote:That sucks to hear Brian. Regardless of whether you keep a J for your daily driver, stick that engine in a car, ANY car, and keep it as a toy.

He can put it in mine :p

why your car would get totalled out cause you would hit a pothole at excessive speeds

just playin man...... I just dont wanna see brians time and money go to waste by it sitting and doing nothing... I would in a heart beat trade my cobalt for brians blue cavy........ of course pre accident

Team GREEN

07 Cobalt SS/SC

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 8:21 PM
Wow man that's a bummer! I'm glad I got to see your car in person before this happened, very very cool.

I wish you all the best and hope you can come to a decision that makes you happy. Good luck sir!

--------------------------------------------

1990 Pontiac Sunbird // 1995 Beretta Base
Thursday, October 11, 2007 3:48 PM
Damn, sorry to hear it Brian... Guess I won't get to hump it now

...j

Thursday, October 11, 2007 4:56 PM
The "official" word is the car was valued at $7,120, and the buy back value was $1,400...... so the check will be made out for $5,720..... enough to cover the current estimate for the damage....

we'll have to see what happens.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, October 11, 2007 5:46 PM
you will work something out.

if not go look for a 94 sable or toreass and you can join my club and we can race like we did back in the day

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search