Say it aint so!!! - Page 4 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Say it aint so!!!
Thursday, October 11, 2007 7:59 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:The "official" word is the car was valued at $7,120, and the buy back value was $1,400...... so the check will be made out for $5,720..... enough to cover the current estimate for the damage....

we'll have to see what happens.

step one put my d!ck ina box..... whoops wrong steps

Step 1. buy back
Step 2, put motor in the shell you have
Step 3, use insurance money to benefit you in whatever way possible. even if it is upgrading to a different car. or fix it
Step 4, paint car to match and swap everything over you can and make sure it looks just like the other, but its gotta have a sunroof or it wont be in the open sunroof club anymore

sounds like you could do it over the weekends.... but you can look at it as take all that money, spend it to fix it and it would be back to normal, or swap it over to the shell and have 5700 extra dollars you didnt have. You get what im saying?

Friday, October 12, 2007 6:39 AM
Either way i have a 500 hp car to tune

Friday, October 12, 2007 4:29 PM
well, the shells I have right now, arent in the greatest of shape.... not for a street car anyway....... perfect for a drag/track car project.

I did find a '02 Base Model 2.2 Indigo Blue Coupe in the car trader.... they want just under $6k for it!!!
Then there was a '02 Silver Z24 (5 speed) for just under $5k. Not to bad, just dont want silver.

I looked at my estimate, and it was a little inflated. Muffler = $250 (I paid $50 for mine), Rear Exhaust section = $90 (prolly get it for $50 shipped from Custom Tubes)..... and then the Rear Bumper assembly was quoted at $350... I have most of it (except LS Sport Cover), so that will save me some cash there..... I do need 2 Left side '96-99 Toyo tail lights, that might be a bit pricey to come by (they quoted $80 for a inner, must have missed the outer on the quote).

I just got the check tonight, will go into the bank tomorrow, and the parts shopping will start. Once I get everything, I'll take it down to the body shop, and they can start on the car.

If there is anything left over in terms of "cash", it will go towards paying off the turbo

***Needed - '03-'05 LS Sport REAR bumper cover.... any color***

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, October 12, 2007 5:13 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:well, the shells I have right now, arent in the greatest of shape.... not for a street car anyway....... perfect for a drag/track car project.

I did find a '02 Base Model 2.2 Indigo Blue Coupe in the car trader.... they want just under $6k for it!!!
Then there was a '02 Silver Z24 (5 speed) for just under $5k. Not to bad, just dont want silver.

I looked at my estimate, and it was a little inflated. Muffler = $250 (I paid $50 for mine), Rear Exhaust section = $90 (prolly get it for $50 shipped from Custom Tubes)..... and then the Rear Bumper assembly was quoted at $350... I have most of it (except LS Sport Cover), so that will save me some cash there..... I do need 2 Left side '96-99 Toyo tail lights, that might be a bit pricey to come by (they quoted $80 for a inner, must have missed the outer on the quote).

I just got the check tonight, will go into the bank tomorrow, and the parts shopping will start. Once I get everything, I'll take it down to the body shop, and they can start on the car.

If there is anything left over in terms of "cash", it will go towards paying off the turbo

***Needed - '03-'05 LS Sport REAR bumper cover.... any color***

Good to see. now go get on Halo3 so we can do some @$$ whoopin! GT is Vincent Morris

Glad to see you are making progress already

Friday, October 12, 2007 5:58 PM
should just bring the car to me and ill get you further than their estimate guaranteed, maybe get your whole car painted....

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Friday, October 12, 2007 6:50 PM
Take it to Fetter, it will turn out extremely sexy, you know that

PS-Paint it Pink when he isnt looking Brandon! lol

Friday, October 12, 2007 7:10 PM
Boosted2point4 wrote:should just bring the car to me and ill get you further than their estimate guaranteed, maybe get your whole car painted....
I second that... Brandon did an awesome job fixing mine and doing a few extras from the Bash/Shingle incident...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, October 12, 2007 9:16 PM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:
Boosted2point4 wrote:should just bring the car to me and ill get you further than their estimate guaranteed, maybe get your whole car painted....
I second that... Brandon did an awesome job fixing mine and doing a few extras from the Bash/Shingle incident...

ill triple that

Friday, October 12, 2007 9:18 PM
yay.! can't wait to see it when its all purdy again.

let me know when you want those parts from me then.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, October 13, 2007 7:15 AM
you can suck it for not wanting silver! lol jk

ied love to see brandons place paint your car.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Saturday, October 13, 2007 3:19 PM
This really sucks to hear! I can't believe this happened to you. I really hope that you get everything fixed up soon. I hate to see that car not on the road. That is why it was so good to everyone on here. Good luck on getting everything handled.

Also add me on the 360 when you pick it up. TRD Cav Fire is the GT, and I'm better then VM.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 6:05 PM
Quote:

Boosted2point4 wrote:

should just bring the car to me and ill get you further than their estimate guaranteed, maybe get your whole car painted....

ImPhat0260 wrote:

I third that, LOL!! If I lived closer to Fetter my car would be going there

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Sunday, October 14, 2007 9:04 PM
If St. Luis wasnt so far away (6+ hours), I'd be all over that Brandon!!!

I'm not 100% on anything yet..... still weighing out my options.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 9:14 PM
really sorry to see all that happen bri.. bottom line is nobody got too hurt!

I say stick to Jbods man.. it wouldn't be the same without you rockin a Z

Monday, October 15, 2007 12:09 PM
Dannnnng man, sorry this happend.. Dont give up on it You still have some unused power to make in that beast.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 1:30 PM
Dang man, just caught this post, definitely sucks to see but hopefully everything pans out to an even greater end in the long run.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 7:34 PM
just cought the post myself, good luck man, i didn't have such luck with mine when they said it was totaled that was it........

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:22 PM
Zach Hilton wrote:Dang man, just caught this post, definitely sucks to see but hopefully everything pans out to an even greater end in the long run.

this thread calls for a super sad face!!!

Thursday, October 18, 2007 1:40 PM
SpeedRacerZ will be at the next small car bash.........

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:51 PM
still up in the air..... called on one '00 Black Z for sale, guy never called back. Went and looked at a '01 Black Z, and it was in to rough of shape to be worth while.

I did find a '01 Base model Ind. Metalic Blue Cav for sale, might go look at that tomorrow after work. If I cant find a shell in decent shape (black or blue), it'll probably end up on a trailer........

Saturday, October 20, 2007 7:11 PM
how about a black 99 base...

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!

Saturday, October 20, 2007 8:37 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident, your car was inspiration for alot of us indigo blue guys/gals. Good to hear that nobody was critically injured and the fact that you were actually concerned about the riders afterwards. Atleast someone in Team Green has their head screwed on straight.

Sure they were probably going too fast and inexperienced on a powerful bike, but that is no reason to wish them unable to ride again. Thats akin to us riders saying the first time you're in a car accident and at fault we hope you never get behind the wheel again.

Grab that engine and find it a new shell if it's too much to bend back into shape.

Monday, October 22, 2007 7:57 PM
Admiral558 wrote:.....Atleast someone in Team Green has their head screwed on straight.......

You know thats uncalled for.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:52 AM
Cry me a river... its the darwin effect, if he was a good rider, he wouldn't have hit in the first place. now he cant.

problem over.

I HOPE, HOPE, it ends up on a trailer.

Keep it!.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 5:46 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=21&i=38372&t=38372

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search