Enough is enough... - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Enough is enough...
Monday, October 08, 2007 6:38 PM
I friggin give up, I have busted my ass working on this god forsaken car, for like 4/5 months. I finally got it running so tonight and the axle split in half on the beltway doing 70. And before anyone says anything, I was driving it easy because 1 I was in rush hour traffic and 2 I was breaking in the clutch. I only only hit the guardrail on the passenger side. I guess it doesn't matter as long as I'm alive and ok, but I've worked on it so much and spent well over 12k and it friggin changes in less than 5 minutes. I'm so depressed right now, I just feel like giving it away and never working on a car ever again. I might still fix it though, but I doubt it.

I guess it goes here since I did crash the car and I needed to vent, sorry if it doesn't...

Getting "better built" for the '08...

Re: Enough is enough...
Tuesday, October 09, 2007 11:10 AM
Wait wait you crashed QBE's car or the Holloween car... Either way im sad now ..

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 12:24 PM
wait you hit the gaurd rail ,

wait

for

it ???????????????

cause the axle slpit in half , dude you need to learn how to drive , a blow tire i can see hitting the gaurd rail , not a axle

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 2:18 PM
oh oh wait for this the @!#$ car dropped while one wheel was @!#$ sideways... alot more happened than the axle spiting in half. now that I've had time to lift it up, the control arm got torn out and a couple other things. I'll leave the whole learn how to drive thing alone, I don't feel like arguing. and it was QBE...

Getting "better built" for the '08...
Tuesday, October 09, 2007 2:19 PM
Seeing as holloween is an AT, it would be the qbe. And how could driving be considered here? He said he was doing 70mph which at that speed a broken axle is a bit harder to control.

Im realy sorry to hear this Ed, dont give up on it. I work nights so Im free all day if you ever need any help man.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 2:50 PM
you sure the control arm didnt come undone or break before the axle pulled apart ?

things just dont add up

poor philmobile

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 5:13 PM
An axle breaking shouldn't mess with your steering at all. Not fully tightening a ball joint to the knuckle, or a ball joint failure sounds like the culprit to me. I don't want to be the dick, but cotter pins on ball joints save things like from happening.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 5:25 PM
that sucks ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!that car is not meant to be up and running/on the street/driving or anything.LOL!!!!if you need any help dude i'am there.
Thursday, October 11, 2007 10:09 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]you sure the control arm didnt come undone or break before the axle pulled apart ?

things just dont add up

poor philmobile

no but a piece of axle spinning at a HIGH rpm could surely rip something up on its way out.

Holloween xXx (now with Boost) wrote:I friggin give up, I just feel like giving it away to Vincent Morris

I guess it goes here since I did crash the car and I needed to vent, sorry if it doesn't...

AWWWWW thanks

GLAD YOU ARE OK THOUGH!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, October 11, 2007 10:11 PM

Friday, October 12, 2007 9:37 PM
well damn, I just saw this, well you know who would take it if you REALLY wanna give it away. LoL hang in there man. 1 Thing after another gets to you, thats why I sold it. Cept I just drove it to hard and transmissions didnt like me

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search