Cav #3 is finished off - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cav #3 is finished off
Thursday, November 22, 2007 1:11 PM
well on the way home the other day i was forced into the ditch by a truck driver that wasnt paying attention

needless to cav is gone, insurance said its going to be totalled for sure

it was my third cavalier and even though i enjoyed all of them i will not be returning to a j-body this time around

this site helped with alot of things and i would like to thank all who have helped me

yes i know this thread is worthless without pics but it was gone before i could get pics and i have no idea where its at

02 Cavalier sedan ECOTEC

well the show car plan sucked,

and i still want boost so im saving for a supercharger and i started building my spare motor

Re: Cav #3 is finished off
Thursday, November 22, 2007 6:27 PM
man that sucks to hear. what are you going to be replacing it with?
Thursday, November 22, 2007 10:11 PM
sure--blame it on the truck driver!

Friday, November 23, 2007 6:46 AM
well it was the truck driver since he is the one that hit me

and as for the replacment im not sure yet i have been looking at a few different things

1. Kia Spectra5
2. Mazda 6 (but its just out of my price range)
3. 08 cobalt SS turbo (when they are out)

#3 probally wont happen because i need a car within the next 2 weeks

cavalier totalled

new non j-body car coming soon
Friday, November 23, 2007 7:08 AM
buy a cheap beater till the cobalt comes out
Friday, November 23, 2007 7:18 AM
i would but i am going to get my new car asap and dont wanna deal with getting it registered and insured if im getting a new car shortly after

cavalier totalled

Friday, November 23, 2007 8:28 AM
ride the bus? I'd deal with all the garbage that goes with owning the car, even if it was just for a couple of weeks to get a cobalt.
Friday, November 23, 2007 11:53 AM
Big rig drivers are some of the safest, most well-trained drivers on the road. Mile for mile, truck drivers have an accident rate less than half that of car drivers. Recent studies have shown that roughly 87% of fatal road accidents involved vehicles other than trucks. Of the remaining 13% , 71% were the fault of the car driver, and 10% were the fault of both drivers. The remainder, which rounds out to approx 4%, can be attributed to trucks. That is a small figure considering the more than 152 billion miles travelled anually by the US trucking industry. Of all the truck drivers on the road (approx 3 million), only 10% are considered unsafe drivers, and those are the ones who give the industry a bad rap, along with the ways truck drivers are portrayed in the movies. Sounds to me like you had one in that 10%.

Friday, November 23, 2007 1:46 PM
the driver told the cop he couldnt see my car because of how small it was, came over talked to me and said he was sorry it was his fault about 50 times in half an hour

as for the bus it doesnt work because i drive almost 40 miles one way since i started my new job

cavalier totalled

Friday, November 23, 2007 1:54 PM
Sounds to me like he handled it like a pro; the bad ones will not admit to it being their fault. Glad you weren't hurt! One of the biggest problems big rig drivers have is small cars are very hard to see; when behind a large truck if you can't see the mirrors the driver can't see you. Best of luck in getting another ride! I agree with you on the bus!

Friday, November 23, 2007 2:33 PM
i wasnt behind him i was right at his door

i went and looked at the Kia Spectra5 again, its a nice car.
i was suprised to find out that Kia is doing a 20 year 200,000 mile warranty plus they will hand me 500 cash at signing so that is a big plus and insurance would be about the same as the cav was

cavalier totalled

Monday, November 26, 2007 3:37 AM
From personal experience....DONT BUY A KIA!!!! I had one and they are effing horrible....KIA=Kick It Again

Even though they say that crap about the warranty and all, if something breaks, the first time theyll fix it but 20 question you about it....if it happens again they become real sketchy about the warranty and try to get out of the for free part of it!!

RIP JESSE GERARD.....7.11.87/1.25.08(sunfireboi)
You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Don't ever wish harm On an Ohio state player you Douche canoe...
Expires: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:47 AM PT

Monday, November 26, 2007 6:03 PM
thats ok i already found what i wanted i pick it up at 2 pm tomowrow

cavalier totalled

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search