Civic got my behind - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Civic got my behind
Monday, December 03, 2007 8:31 PM
I had my car rear ended by a civic today... Interestingly enough, where was no damage to my bumper, not even a scratch, the only sign of a hit was an imprint of their license plate on the dirt of my bumper. The force was actually strong enough to jump me forward a couple feet and take off one of interior heating/cooling vents. Unfortunately for the civic, it tore their bumper.
Are our cars naturally that strong, or was I just lucky.

Re: Civic got my behind
Monday, December 03, 2007 8:38 PM

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 12:20 PM
i think you were lucky if it managed to tear their bumper. I got rear ended once but very lightly, he rolled into me enough where i felt it but it didn't leave any damage to either of our cars.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 12:26 PM
i fell off my unicycle and hurt my elbow

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 12:34 PM
hes in an 81 honda, were in a cavalier... he'd rip through us like we were tin foil.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 4:13 PM
If it shoved you forward you better check your trunk latch. Probably wont work correctly now.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 5:14 PM
mitdr774 wrote:If it shoved you forward you better check your trunk latch. Probably wont work correctly now.

good call, i'll check it, but feel it might still be fine. Theres no dents on the body or anything.
Wednesday, December 05, 2007 3:49 AM
dan z24 wrote:
mitdr774 wrote:If it shoved you forward you better check your trunk latch. Probably wont work correctly now.

good call, i'll check it, but feel it might still be fine. Theres no dents on the body or anything.

That's cause your car is made of plastic. Sometimes there are not dents.

Saturday, December 15, 2007 7:44 AM
i was rear ended by a 97 dodge ram on the highway last summer sumone decided they were gonna brake check i checked he didn't bent his bumper up badd and i walked away with a lil spider paint on my rear bumper my cav was made in canada stronger steel up there but all in all i just got lucky

Saturday, December 15, 2007 9:34 AM
Also it is a good idea to take off the bumper cause the rubber behind the bumper could be fully compressed, and next time you get hit you might not have the chance to be so lucky. It would be dumb not to go get the car checked out it is not your fault...

Saturday, December 15, 2007 12:29 PM
jeff heyman wrote:i was rear ended by a 97 dodge ram on the highway last summer sumone decided they were gonna brake check i checked he didn't bent his bumper up badd and i walked away with a lil spider paint on my rear bumper my cav was made in canada stronger steel up there but all in all i just got lucky

never heard of a 3rd gen cav built in Canada. im 99.9% sure they where all built in the U.S. and Mexico.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:12 PM
take it to a shop or take off the bumper the energy absorber could be damaged the re-bar could be damaged, the rear body panel could be pushed in, there is always more damage then you think
and no the cavys are not that strong sorry to say guys

can i haz bondo
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 7:16 AM
I to would have to say you got lucky, and i would have it checked out. I clipped a lady who cut me off a couple years ago. I was in an S-10, i was doing 30-35 and she was doing 20 or so..

It @!#$ totaled her cavalier...i mean so bad they hard to cut her out of it cause the doors compressed...it didnt even break the headlights on mine

Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:04 AM
Quote:

hes in an 81 honda

Rust must have been the only thing holding the bumper on.

DiamlerChrysler Certified Technician
ASE Certified Technician
Option D Racing Member
Thursday, December 20, 2007 8:25 PM
i was hit from the back by a lady in a elantra. i had a 2001 sunfire at the time. i was on my breaks because traffic stoped and i went into a skid but the ABS came on and the elantra just went into a skid and hit me. her whole hood got pulled back took out her grill. my car where is said sunfire in the bumper was all marks and a few paint chips. i took it to a shop they looked over everything nothing was wrong. that sunfire took a hit and took it very well. her pos elantra didnt.
Friday, December 21, 2007 5:17 AM
I have a MN license plate embedded in my z24 rear bumper. from a 55mph, slam on the brakes, but not sooner enough multicar hit. Happened while up in MN for a J-Body meet.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search