the End has come.... - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
the End has come....
Sunday, September 30, 2007 10:01 AM
well guys, this is the end for me...... well ,atleast the end for my car...

last night around 730pm, i hit a raised a water shut off on a street that only has top coat ashpalt waiting 2nd...... its a main road, lots of traffic on it.... it ripped a hole the size of a golf ball in the bottom of my oil pan.... the raised shutoff was UNMARKED, and sticking up about 5 inches.... car was towed to my mechanic, there is absolutely NO oil left in the motor when it was on the tow truck.... filled out a police report, and have begun the process of persueing the city of kitchener to pay for the damages to the car..... the cops said that it shouldnt be a matter of how low the car is, its sticking up too high for being unmarked.... so thats that, gotta wait till tomorrow to see the damages to my wallet...

so now brings me to this.... ive had my fun with the car, ive had my recognition, magazines, all that fun stuff.. its time to move on.... i need something that will get me to work and back....

right now, im parting it out and trading it in as a stock car, ive got my stock stuff still, so it works out in my favor...

here are some pics of the damage, and the piece of metal that did it..
its about 6" above

im DEFINATLY not the first to hit it... when we were standing there taking these pics there was cars going over it and you can hear tiny pings come from under the car

this is a HUGE puddle... mcdonalds managers gonna be pissed! lol

under the car... its hard to get pics since its lowered lol..

its been fun boys!!!!!

15.1@90.34mph

Re: the End has come....
Monday, October 01, 2007 11:16 AM
its a eco they are reasonably priced and easy to swap

might as well keep it and keep going

get better carnage pics when ya can

Monday, October 01, 2007 3:39 PM
heres the manhole in daylight..... you cant tell me thats not high.... if it was marked, its a whole other story

the damage to the oil pan

the bracket that bolts to it and holds the motor mount..... which was what did it since it bent in and pushed in the oil pan... i thought it was part of the frame when it was on the tow truck, but it was dark and it looked metal so i thought it was...

grand total........ sit down.... 641.... and thats with my discount.... if the oil pan they ordered comes with the bracket (he siad sometimes they do, and sometimes they dont) it will be cheaper.... but he said that the force put on the bolts stripped a few so he already has an hour into re threading the holes in the engine.....

im pissed at the price, but glad the car is going.... im sick of it.. one thing after another

15.1@90.34mph
Monday, October 01, 2007 8:39 PM
dam bump looks alot worse during the day

i dont blame ya , sucks when to much crap happens in a short period of time

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 8:09 PM
ouch!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 10:24 PM
I think I might have that bracket bro. let me check.

I'll send it to you if you need it.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 11:34 PM
hahaha holy sh!t, that would have damn gear gutted my mini, and would have gutted my old cavalier

how on earth is that still there, i would think the city would have hundreds of complaints

Thursday, October 04, 2007 11:20 AM
wow looks like a speed bump in the middle of the road WTF! good luck hope you can get everything back to normal!

Friday, October 05, 2007 11:50 AM
That's terrible to have that there. They definitely shouold be paying for it!

Dan Trump

2004 Cavalier LS Sport - Victory Red
Saturday, October 06, 2007 12:42 AM
got it fixed, car is 100 percent bone stock right now, everything is gone, or in my garage waiting to be sold......

no word on the damages, its still under investigation

picking up my new car on tuesday.... 2008 mazda 3 GT 4 door, carbon gray, loaded, everything... and im NOT sad to see that cavalier go.... its been hell to me

15.1@90.34mph
Saturday, October 06, 2007 11:08 AM
why would you trade in a cavalier for a girls car. All the mazda 3 is missing is a vagina.

Saturday, October 06, 2007 2:39 PM
of course i would trade in the cavalier..... its a piece of @!#$..... i dont care if its a broads car, i love them... i have had NOTHING but probelms with this car... its been on a flatbed 9 times and its a 04 with 72k

15.1@90.34mph
Monday, October 08, 2007 6:10 AM
GL

Yes, it's my REAL car. No, it is NOT photoshopped or "this is how my car will look someday". It's the REAL DEAL.
Saturday, December 29, 2007 4:32 AM
holy crap. that would've taken off everything on my SRT4. since i lowered my car and added a bodykit, i've been scrapin as it is, but that would tear a new a$$hole in my ride. damn.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008 6:13 AM
Pfft... where I live that's a common thing. I'm always moving my car to the left or the right a little so I hit those with my wheels or miss them entirely so I don't rip the bottom of my car out... and I'm at stock ride height!

Sucks about the car though, and good luck with your new one. (Yes, I know this thread is old, I don't care.)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 8:52 PM
Sorry to hear that buddy.

Ide call the township or something.

I loved your car every step of the way!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search