MEH!!!!!!!!!! Bubbamobile might be down and out :( - Page 2 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: MEH!!!!!!!!!! Bubbamobile might be down and out :(
Friday, April 11, 2008 8:30 AM
BubbaKnoxz wrote:Yea I already see this as a period for me to move on. Even if they fix the car I will probably trade it in since it will not drive the same in my eyes. This has motivated me to stop the whole modding phase in general and pick up a car thats already looks well and performs up to my expectations. So as Mikey said I will be getting a wrx most likely once everything is said and done. That will probably stop my modding bug or at least hold it off for a good long time lol .. I do plan on sticking around on this forum though since its been my place of knowledge for the past 5 years.

Dang! It's good you're fine though, it coulda been worse!

Something like that just happened to my mom, she was driving down the road in her Mustang (97) and some young punk kid that wasn't even 18 yet pulled out from a stop sign and whacked the pass front of her car. I drove out to the scene (mom was shaken up) and the kid tried saying she "had her blinker on and started turning so he pulled out". I was thinking "doesn't matter dips**t, you were at a stop sign". The officer did thankfully side with mom, cited the kid saying that since he was at a stop sign, he was responsible for making sure the way was clear before pulling out. The kid was in a truck, she had a tire mark on the front corner of her bumper, hood is trashed, new headlight assembly, turn signal, grill, hinges (hood is crooked), can't open her pass side door, fender is fubared, etc. I think the estimate was a little over 3k in damage, kid's insurance co is taking 100% responsibility, and thankfully though her car isn't totaled.

I wanted to punch that kid though, after the officer cited him he said "I'm fighting this!", sped off with him and his 2 friends laughing and making jerking off motions.

What the heck is wrong with people?!?!? If you're at a stop sign, you are not allowed to go until the way is clear... and how in the heck could that lady say you tried to flee the scene, when it's clear you couldn't have?

Either way, I really hope everything works out for you. And I will warn ya, when I sold the Fire and got the tC I said the same thing "I'm not going to mod this car, maybe a stereo (gotta have good music) but that is it". Then, I seen the vast amount of aftermarket parts available, and if it wasn't for the fact that I can't afford to mod it at the moment, it would be heavily modded right now Once you're bitten by the mod bug, the urge is hard to shake, but I wish you luck

Friday, April 11, 2008 9:15 AM
dag! is that two cars out of the NE caravan so far? i hope we all make it through the spring..

I'll eventually take the time to put something here. I swear.
Friday, April 11, 2008 10:04 AM
Only way you are going to get ouf of the modding bug is that you get something like a Geo that no parts are made for it. Just remember transmissions for AWD are about 6 grand so watch your high reving lauches.

Friday, April 11, 2008 1:42 PM
lol true, getting a wrx is gonna make it worse. i had a buddy who had a fully built gti who sold the car for next to nothing and got a brand new evo and he said the same thing. yea it stayed stock for about a week.

Friday, April 11, 2008 7:34 PM
No no no lol.... I will not mod the car within a week, even though I did think about it (only my old rims and stereo equipment). I got word today that my insurance and the body shop both totaled the Cav, I gotta wait till Monday for the other rep to sign off on the total, and for them to write me a check.

Click Sig for Jersey GM's Official Website

Monday, April 14, 2008 4:20 AM
w00t looks like we'll both be getting a new car soon. im going next monday to look at cars

Monday, April 14, 2008 6:06 AM
Nice lol.... Im making sure the new car I get doesnt make me regret not going back to a J.... which I highly doubt it will

Monday, April 14, 2008 6:40 AM
you wont. hell even when i drive my parents or sisters car, i regret getting back in the cav and having to drive that.

Monday, April 14, 2008 7:47 AM
I just have my pops Sentra Im driving. That car is @!#$ty for tall people, and very uncomfortable. At least with the cav I knew I was comfortable in the driver seat and had room to move around. Judging the interior of the new car Im looking at, I might have alot more room

Monday, April 14, 2008 7:58 AM
which is it? the tsx or wrx?

Monday, April 14, 2008 7:59 AM
its neither of those, but it can compete with the WRX

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:13 AM
Bubbaknoxz wrote:its neither of those, but it can compete with the WRX

eh it better not be an srt4.

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:14 AM
Nope its still AWD and boosted lol

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:25 AM
must be an evo

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:27 AM
... tis true, found a MR Evo at a great price. Been bsing with the owner for a few days now. I should be picking it up hopefully by next week
Depending on what the insurance tells me today from the other company

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 14, 2008 8:28 AM

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:31 AM
sweet. ive always wanted one but i couldnt justify spending the money. the mr's are nice. arent they the fully stripped ones though?

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:34 AM
I think they are the stripped ones but they come with all the performance items. So all I really have to do is toss the system in there and Im done. For the most part till I feel like modding it more... And if I tell you the price of the MR you would seriously laugh at how cheap it is

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:41 AM
well then you have to pm me the price on it. yea i believe the mr is the race ready evo. it comes fully stripped with no radio or ac or any other extra bs that isnt needed.

Monday, April 14, 2008 5:13 PM
the MR isn't the stripped version, that's the RS.

the MR has the bbs wheels, bilstein struts, 6 spd, etc....

sorry to hear about your sedan... congrats on the new purchase!

Monday, April 14, 2008 5:42 PM
Havent gotten the MR yet and its starting to look like insurance will be crazy on that car lol.... So Im weighing my options right now, hopefully by the end of this week I'll have a new car... Hopefully

Friday, April 18, 2008 7:36 AM
Well Insurance of the lady who hit me, is trying to give me the run around. Its starting to look like they don't wanna pay for damages caused by their driver, and they wanted me to go through my insurance......... All they are doing now is procrastinating on tossing me the cash or giving me back my car. Last week one of their reps went to see the car, as I was informed by the body shop. Yesterday when I was on the phone with the ladies insurance the guy was telling me that "no rep showed up, or was scheduled to take a look at my car". I was like "Then why the hell would your rep take photos of my cav?". He got pissed off cause now he has to actually start doing paperwork for my claim... What the hell do people think, cause your young, your a idiot?

Friday, April 18, 2008 7:32 PM
y don't you talk to you insurance or go on your own and get a lawyer. or atleast talk to one because the longer they take on offering a settlement the more loop holes they try to find to screw you over. i've delt with insurance companies on stuff like this and when they drug there feet. i got screwed. when they were on there toes was happly takin care of. not start talking to a lawyer or see if you insurance will get one for ya.

btw in my opinion the car looks very fixable and easily done. if i was closer i would take it off your hands. so that means you need to fix it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search