Son of a... - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Son of a...
Thursday, May 08, 2008 6:24 AM
One could argue that this would belong in the jacked/wrecked/sold forum, but it's not exactly "wrecked".

Well, I'm sure at least SOME of you are aware of the wolf incident on the highway a few months back, right?

Just today, I was on my way back to my girlfriends apartment after dropping her off at work. I'm behind this person who puts on their left blinker (one way street, no turns coming up) and just stops. I'm thinking that they're just letting somebody out in a quick double-parking manner that everybody in Providence loves to use. Then I see their reverse lights go on, and I figure they want a spot that I assume I'm blocking. So I try to put my car into reverse, and it's not going for some reason or another (A Getrag at it's best) and they start backing up. So I lean on the horn, at this point figuring that they probably don't see me.

Now, at the moment it seemed like I was honking for a good 2 seconds, but I guess time slows down when all you're thinking is "This mother @!#$ is about to back into me".

And there it is. I literally throw my hands up and actually hit the roof of my car.

We both get out and she goes "Well, thank God there's no damage to your car" and in her defense, from the angle she was at, it looked like there wasn't. When I walked around the front of my car however, there was a decent sized crack along the top of my front bumper.

When I got home just a few minutes ago, I took another quick look, and there seems to be spider cracks around the sides of the area as well.

Now, she claimed full responsibility with a signed note, and I got all her information and all that, but if they don't replace my bumper, how are they going to fix a decently sizable crack?

I don't want that @!#$ bondo'ed back up and cracked on me a few years down the road... And those spider cracks, they're small, but I see them

In light of this event, I propose that nobody allows me near anymore '00-'02 front bumpers. They tend to get destroyed when they're with me

Fusion 9 Design // For all your web design needs!

Re: Son of a...
Thursday, May 08, 2008 6:32 AM
you're luck is about a good as mine man..MY car has been keyed once, broken into twice, and ran into 3 times..causing at least $800 in damage in the past 18 months..along with several other little incidents that I was able to buff out or just kind of have to live with..Sorry to hear about that though

Thursday, May 08, 2008 7:05 AM
OhForKavaleerLSport wrote:you're luck is about a good as mine man..MY car has been keyed once, broken into twice, and ran into 3 times..causing at least $800 in damage in the past 18 months..along with several other little incidents that I was able to buff out or just kind of have to live with..Sorry to hear about that though

Jesus :\

I have a little dent (little, heh) in my driver side panel (the one behind the door, not sure what it's called) right up next to my trunk. That ought to be expensive to fix as well :\

I just want my car to look good. Why do people have to suck?

Thursday, May 08, 2008 7:09 AM
you guys must have terrible Karma

Thursday, May 08, 2008 7:22 AM
AWD Benzo (Joey) wrote:you guys must have terrible Karma

Indeed, I think I need to feng shui my room or something.. Maybe start donating money to homeless kids.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 7:23 AM
AWD Benzo (Joey) wrote:you guys must have terrible Karma

says it all

sorry to hear though.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 7:42 AM
Thanks guys. At the very least I won't have to pay to get it fixed, so I'm at least okay that ONE thing that wasn't caused by me to my car is getting fixed without any trouble of mine. Granted I still have to take it to a body shop to get a quote, etc. etc., but this body shop is amazing, and they'll clean my car better than I can

Thursday, May 08, 2008 8:06 AM
I recommend you start hitting up the junkyard and buying bumpers. Get them painted ahead of time, so you can just swap them out at home. There is a 00-02 bumper in my local junkyard, but its green.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:26 AM
Tinkles wrote:I recommend you start hitting up the junkyard and buying bumpers. Get them painted ahead of time, so you can just swap them out at home. There is a 00-02 bumper in my local junkyard, but its green.

I actually went to a local junkyard a while back to see if there were any '00-'02 bumpers so I could check for front lips. They didn't have any '00+ cars at all. They had like 7 cavaliers, but they were all pre '00.

People need to junkyard these cars more often so I can rob some @!#$.

Edit: Does it have a front lip? Get the lip for me and I'll buy it from you

Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:31 AM
hey Ron, OT, but your new site looks killer! Might need to hire your services for mine

Thursday, May 08, 2008 10:20 AM
Well I just took some quick shots. From far enough away it looks like nothing even happened.

If only that were true

Here's what's on the front of the bumper.

Inside shot:

Outside shot:

And the top of the bumper :\

I know you're all probably thinking "well that doesn't look too bad", and it's not THAT terrible, but as car lovers', can you all see where I'm coming from?

I don't want to be a pain in the ass and ask for a new bumper (if they'd even give one to me that is) because it seems like they could just "fix" it, but like I said, I don't want that crack coming back up on me down the road, and besides, SHE hit ME.

Best case for me would be to just get a new bumper, but I don't think that'll happen

AWD Benzo (Joey) wrote:hey Ron, OT, but your new site looks killer! Might need to hire your services for mine

Thanks, my site is never off topic with me If you end up deciding you want to talk to me more in-depth about it, please PM or e-mail me and I'd be happy to discuss business with you.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 2:08 PM
There arent any lips on it. Its just a base model bumper, but its in perfect shape.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 8:51 PM
people need to start getting mandatory beatings for stupid crap like that. You think they'd look backwards before backing up.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:11 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (PJ) v2.0 wrote:people need to start getting mandatory beatings for stupid crap like that. You think they'd look backwards before backing up.

At first I felt like that, but I've calmed down a bit since the incident. She told me to get a quote, so I figure I'll get a quote for a whole new bumper, and a "just fix it" quote, and offer her the new bumper vote first and see if she bites.

If it comes down to the "just fix it" situation, I may just end up getting an after-market front bumper like I kind of wanted anyway... We'll see. If I can get a new one and find an LS lip somewhere, maybe I'll stay stock. I don't know. I just want it fixed.

Friday, May 09, 2008 5:20 AM
I just got word that a Black 02 LS Sport just came into the junkyard, im debating on going up tonight to look at it.

Friday, May 09, 2008 5:34 AM
Ron, I like the new name......very appropriate

Friday, May 09, 2008 7:48 AM
Tinkles wrote:I just got word that a Black 02 LS Sport just came into the junkyard, im debating on going up tonight to look at it.

Well if there's a lip you know what to do

Friday, May 09, 2008 9:01 AM
Bumper Killer (Ron Carvalho) wrote:
Tinkles wrote:I just got word that a Black 02 LS Sport just came into the junkyard, im debating on going up tonight to look at it.

Well if there's a lip you know what to do

If there is a lip and if its still good, i'll just grab the whole front bumper. What about sides and rear lips, if it has it?

Friday, May 09, 2008 11:31 AM
Depending on the shape of the rear lip, I may be interested in that as well. Where do you live by the way, so I can see if it would be a pick-up type deal, or a shipping thing? I don't know if I'd want to swing a lot for shipping on top of the actual part.

Also, depending on how much it costs you to get, could you PM me with what you'd be looking for for it?

I want the piece, but if the price isn't semi-reasonable than I don't want to spend all my money on it

Thanks.

Monday, May 12, 2008 9:54 AM
Well I just got back from the body shop. They quoted $517.48 for a new bumper, paint, and labor.

I asked how they would go about fixing something like this, and they said because of the location, they were just going to get a whole new bumper because it'd probably end up cracking down the road. Seeing as how that's what I wanted anyway, I'm extremely glad that that's what they said.

Now I just need to call the woman who hit me :\

I'm going to wait until like 5 so she'll be out of work by then... Hopefully this ends well for me.

We'll see.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 8:43 PM
Good luck to you, hopes everything works out for you. If anyone finds a red bumper, let me know. I too have a killed bumper.

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA

Thursday, May 15, 2008 1:29 PM
Well, I just got a check from the lady today for $517.48. So long as it clears when I deposit it tomorrow, the situation is done with. New bumper here I come

Friday, May 16, 2008 1:23 PM
Glad you got that taken care of bro, hate to see that happen to any org member.

The other day I went to turn onto my road, and some @!#$ was going so fast behind me i just said @!#$ it and hit the gas, almost got rear ended, then yesterday on the highway some ass wipe decided it would be a good idea to switch lanes when he hadnt cleared my car, he even looked in his mirror, and went for it, hadnt I braked he would have ended up in the gard rail and not to sound like a dick but if people are dumb enough to drive like idiots they will get whats coming to them.

JBOK.org / J-Bodies of Kentucky
Friday, May 16, 2008 1:30 PM
1DirtyJ wrote:yesterday on the highway some ass wipe decided it would be a good idea to switch lanes when he hadnt cleared my car, he even looked in his mirror, and went for it, hadnt I braked he would have ended up in the gard rail and not to sound like a dick but if people are dumb enough to drive like idiots they will get whats coming to them.

thats not being a dick, thats being a decent human being..........and i think we all know(your story as one example) there arent a whole lot of them left

Saturday, May 17, 2008 6:18 AM
good to see it's beign replaced, i see how stuff like that gets fixed at work and i wouldnt trust it that much

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search