The REAL Reason My Car Wasn't In Milwaukee... - Page 2 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The REAL Reason My Car Wasn't In Milwaukee...
Tuesday, July 01, 2008 8:57 PM
MAN Curt that sux . And thats why you shoulda stayed in Indiana with Chris, just J/K but good luck with the build cant wait to see whats instore. By the way there is an Indytunning sticker missing on the white one.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 9:07 PM
Darkstars wrote:that sucks, glad your alright though... question though, what do you plan on doing with the blue car? Did you buy it back from insurance or are you going to try to swap the motors and hope they don't notice... seeing as a 2200 never came in an 04 I hope they don't try to call insurance fraud if you give it to them with that motor in it.

anyways, good luck

Gonna swap and hope they don't notice, it's still a 2.2 right lol. And the white one and no spare parts will be here when the insurance comes to take a peek at the blue one. I've already got an estimate and everything.

Yeah I fibbed a bit about why the blue one wasn't in WI last weekend, that's bc I wasn't sure if I was gonna post pics until after everything was done. I couldn't help it. Camera + Skunk = LOTS OF PICS!!! And just showing them to a select few wasn't working for me.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:25 PM
Skunk wrote:
Darkstars wrote:that sucks, glad your alright though... question though, what do you plan on doing with the blue car? Did you buy it back from insurance or are you going to try to swap the motors and hope they don't notice... seeing as a 2200 never came in an 04 I hope they don't try to call insurance fraud if you give it to them with that motor in it.

anyways, good luck

Gonna swap and hope they don't notice, it's still a 2.2 right lol. And the white one and no spare parts will be here when the insurance comes to take a peek at the blue one. I've already got an estimate and everything.

Yeah I fibbed a bit about why the blue one wasn't in WI last weekend, that's bc I wasn't sure if I was gonna post pics until after everything was done. I couldn't help it. Camera + Skunk = LOTS OF PICS!!! And just showing them to a select few wasn't working for me.

You better hope they don't notice because they won't give you anything if they do. They usually don't take fraud lightly.

I am sorry you wrecked though, the white car should be a beast when finished.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:49 PM
hows the hood?

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:53 PM
wow curt that @!#$ sucks ill give you a call when i get back in

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 11:14 PM
Well, im still in shock from seeing this the other day buddy.. as I said Im just glad you are safe and when I come over there for the turbo install we will have to get pics of hopefully two of the nicer turbo 01s around, prolly just shortly after the bash unfortunately but id rather take the time and get it all done right I guess. Im glad your so enthusiastic about the white one and I wish I could be there to help out, but since your not 20 min away anymore that might be a lil tough lol.

Good Luck Curt, Text me when you get the motor in, hope to see it soon !

Oh, and not to go off topic, but did you find out if you have the wideband and all the parts for it yet, so we can get this thing tuned? Im ready after I get those gauges and your stickers and the credits...

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 8:25 AM
Dont worry about the attention to detail guys... I will be there to clean up the wiring

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:25 AM
Wrench Monkey wrote:Dont worry about the attention to detail guys... I will be there to clean up the wiring

thank god

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 1:27 PM
your best bet is to drop the claim so there is no chance of fraud and pay for the everything out of your pocket. because i'd hate to hear you went to jail for trying to have someone else or company pay for your f up. also it very funny that you hide what you did then you just have to post it some where on the .org of how stupid you can be. but you always put stuff like this and your street racing vids in low traffic areas like here and AG where not alot of people will chastize you. i'm not trying to hate, but if it comes off that way then you must see what you were doing and done wrong in your own eyes. they also make drag strips so you don't over shoot a corner and wreck your car. gl on the swap but word of the wise just drop the claim. also from the pictures the car doesn't look that bad. gl on whatever you do.

jason

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 2:59 PM
To add to J.R. above me it's also not the wisest choice to admit to insurance fraud on a public forum.

Especially considering past events on here with people doing similiar.

I personally could give a @!#$ less, but I wouldn't have acknowledged that.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 3:06 PM
told you jacked & wrecked section. good luck man. i see someone made it over to check out the car already....

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 3:59 PM
just pick up a trashed eco from a wrecker..... I know Al's has a couple. Drop that in, and the Ins. Agent will most likely notice the 2200ohv is not an Eco....... its their job! We had to fight to buy back my wife's cav when I totaled it..... we had just transfered the registration to WI about a week before I totaled it, and the title was still in IL...... they wouldnt give it back to us until we proved where we lived, sent copies of the WI registration, and a picture of the WI plates on it...... damn pricks!!!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 7:36 PM
Ya know I keep reading all this scare stuff about insurance fraud...one thing about that...don't you have to claim it in order for it to be fraud?

Thursday, July 03, 2008 4:06 AM
what about those who do eco swaps to their older cars? if they wreck it, that's not the original engine in the car so what are they to do then?

Thursday, July 03, 2008 8:55 AM
J.R.Thompson wrote:also it very funny that you hide what you did then you just have to post it some where on the .org of how stupid you can be. but you always put stuff like this and your street racing vids in low traffic areas like here and AG where not alot of people will chastise you. i'm not trying to hate, but if it comes off that way then you must see what you were doing and done wrong in your own eyes. they also make drag strips so you don't over shoot a corner and wreck your car. gl on the swap but word of the wise just drop the claim.

jason

so he fibbed on where his car was at first, then posted up what happened. who cares? he's still catchin havoc for either way.

don't think they were street racin videos either. but thanks for making mention of it. since it was discussed in that thread too that they weren't. plus he didn't overshoot a corner. it was just after a stoplight and someone pulled out in front of him while his light was green. thanks for reading.

Thursday, July 03, 2008 10:20 AM
Who was issues tickets?

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, July 03, 2008 10:47 AM
Got to hate that.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Thursday, July 03, 2008 11:39 AM
sucks to see such a nice looking car ruined due to driving like a dumbass.

Thursday, July 03, 2008 11:59 AM
LMAO. HATERS HATERS HATERS. He messed up and admitted it stop rubbing it in.

Half of the people on this org do it all the time and don't admit it, same situation when pjs motor went every1 has something to say.

HOP OFF.

Thursday, July 03, 2008 12:34 PM
stuff happens g-l hope every thing works out this time... everyone likes building a car twice!

Thursday, July 03, 2008 2:24 PM
forgot to ask, how bad did u F-up my brakes????

Unless you just happen to have money laying around, IDK why you wouldnt claim it (total loss, thats $6-7 grand AT LEAST). You might also get away with it if you tell them the original engine had been replaced prior to the crash, they might believe it.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, July 03, 2008 3:49 PM
s1lver_N1p (S-m62) wrote:
J.R.Thompson wrote:also it very funny that you hide what you did then you just have to post it some where on the .org of how stupid you can be. but you always put stuff like this and your street racing vids in low traffic areas like here and AG where not alot of people will chastise you. i'm not trying to hate, but if it comes off that way then you must see what you were doing and done wrong in your own eyes. they also make drag strips so you don't over shoot a corner and wreck your car. gl on the swap but word of the wise just drop the claim.

jason

so he fibbed on where his car was at first, then posted up what happened. who cares? he's still catchin havoc for either way.

don't think they were street racin videos either. but thanks for making mention of it. since it was discussed in that thread too that they weren't. plus he didn't overshoot a corner. it was just after a stoplight and someone pulled out in front of him while his light was green. thanks for reading.

you have a pm about this.

Thursday, July 03, 2008 8:49 PM
That sucks bro, good luck with the new car.

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Thursday, July 03, 2008 9:40 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:forgot to ask, how bad did u F-up my brakes???

All is well w/ the brakes, other than having to replace the pass knuckle and axle. Thanks for the fuel pump.

Hate on guys, this is making me laugh so much it's bringing a tear to my eye. You guys are f'n riduculous. You seriously having nothing better to do than rip on someone who A.) Drove a lil too fast then B.) Hit the brakes a lil too hard. Gee guess all you ass holes are perfect huh, only drive the speed limit ALL THE TIME and @!#$ never happens to you. WOW!!! Must be nice being perfect. Sucks you lack the knowledge and skill to be able to pull a swap like this off in 4 days. Jealousy is a bitch huh?

As for those who have been courious, thanks for the sympathy and thanks a ton to Tom (Wrench Monkey) for takin the time to haul his ass down here to help me out. Haters piss off, everyone else thanks.

Friday, July 04, 2008 11:20 AM
Damn dude,I just saw this,sucks man,but I know how ya' feel,nice color choice on the new project!!

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search