The REAL Reason My Car Wasn't In Milwaukee... - Page 4 - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The REAL Reason My Car Wasn't In Milwaukee...
Sunday, July 06, 2008 11:01 PM
1) Skunk glad you are okay, 5hit happens
2) Blue car does not look totaled (No cracked windshield means strut towers aren't tweaked to bad) & bags intact? Looks like a new sub frame, door, little welding and a rack could easily take care of all that.
3) GL getting it back together.

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Downpipe w/ Cutout | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |

Monday, July 07, 2008 4:39 AM
The $8370+ hidden @!#$ says otherwise. Value is $8430 suggested retail, and my insurance only goes to 80%. After tearing into it, discovered even more damage that wasn't on the estimate so I was over 100% of the value. Oh yeah it's totaled, and another thing, before, the trunk would just pop up easily, after the accident I had to pull up on the trunk to get it to open after I hit the pop for it. I think the whole car got tweaked a bit. It's no sweat, check p&m, you'll see the "replacement" lol.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Monday, July 07, 2008 8:48 PM
Wrench Monkey wrote:[ass]
Im glad that you lack ability to work on cars and dont understand that swapping everything over is actually a fairly easy task. All the work is nuts and bolts and a lil bit o wiring.

And yes im being a ass towards you because im CONFIDENT in our work as we have had less time to do more work.... Ben... Stefan... (wasnt there for Chris)..... Justin.... Curt (Zspeed and Skunk)..... Brian..... My car.... (Skunk wasn't there for Shifted) but his 3 day turbo kit as well as a 3 day trans swap (auto to manual).

Needless to say i know my way around these cars enough to know how long it takes to do certain work.

[/ass]

6 days>4 days

I'm glad you lack the ability to understand the amount of time that can be consumed during a hurried swap. Where is your confidence now? Apparently, there's a slight difference between doing a complete engine swap and a turbo install or a trans swap. Maybe you should learn a little more...

OP - It's good to see ya got it back together. I was cynical at first because of your repeated insinuations that if it ain't fast, it's @!#$. The irony of you totaling your '04 as a result of going too fast was too much to resist. I still don't know how you're going to resist going too fast with eventually 500 whp, I know I couldn't lol.

Monday, July 07, 2008 8:57 PM
So I can haz my pick of either one yes?

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Monday, July 07, 2008 11:57 PM
John W(Ranger1316) wrote:
Wrench Monkey wrote:[ass]
Im glad that you lack ability to work on cars and dont understand that swapping everything over is actually a fairly easy task. All the work is nuts and bolts and a lil bit o wiring.

And yes im being a ass towards you because im CONFIDENT in our work as we have had less time to do more work.... Ben... Stefan... (wasnt there for Chris)..... Justin.... Curt (Zspeed and Skunk)..... Brian..... My car.... (Skunk wasn't there for Shifted) but his 3 day turbo kit as well as a 3 day trans swap (auto to manual).

Needless to say i know my way around these cars enough to know how long it takes to do certain work.

[/ass]

6 days>4 days

I'm glad you lack the ability to understand the amount of time that can be consumed during a hurried swap. Where is your confidence now? Apparently, there's a slight difference between doing a complete engine swap and a turbo install or a trans swap. Maybe you should learn a little more...

OP - It's good to see ya got it back together. I was cynical at first because of your repeated insinuations that if it ain't fast, it's @!#$. The irony of you totaling your '04 as a result of going too fast was too much to resist. I still don't know how you're going to resist going too fast with eventually 500 whp, I know I couldn't lol.

From the looks of it you have no idea the work that it takes to do what we did. Also looking at what you have done to your cars you can only DREAM about swapping a motor in your car, and until you prove me otherwise arguing about this over the internet is a big waste of time, especially when it probably took you 2 hours to install your intake. When we pulled a motor and had it bolted in, in the same amount of time. When it comes down to it i could care less what you think about the work that we did and how long it took. Its done and in less time then anyone could have imagined.

Basically thats the nicest way for me to tell you to shut the hell up about 2 days.

BTW it wasnt finished on Sunday because it was my birthday so i left at 2:30 and the last thing i wanted to do was work on a car.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 12:49 PM
Well you were an ass over my skeptical remark so I couldn't help but be an ass back to you after you were proven wrong. You can talk about my Engine Mods all you want, this is my daily driver and I've never had any reason to pull it since it's never gave me any problems. You'll be happy to know though that I picked up a 20k mile 2200 the other weekend and I'll be swapping it in next summer or sooner if my current one dies. I'll be sure to post pictures...

I know you've done quite a bit with J-Bodies but it's damn funny that your retort is to shut the hell up when your confidence was sorely out of place.

BTW, I just bought a '79 CJ7 with a 350 that hadn't been started in years. The day I brought it home, I had it running like a top. I've never tackled a motor swap but my dad has done many, I even remember handing him wrenches when he swapped a 350 in his old '79 Chevy stepside. I've learned everything I know from him and I'm confident in my abilities, especially body work and fabrication which, from looking at your registry, you have no clue about.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 2:28 PM
John W(Ranger1316) wrote:Well you were an ass over my skeptical remark so I couldn't help but be an ass back to you after you were proven wrong. You can talk about my Engine Mods all you want, this is my daily driver and I've never had any reason to pull it since it's never gave me any problems. You'll be happy to know though that I picked up a 20k mile 2200 the other weekend and I'll be swapping it in next summer or sooner if my current one dies. I'll be sure to post pictures...

I know you've done quite a bit with J-Bodies but it's damn funny that your retort is to shut the hell up when your confidence was sorely out of place.

BTW, I just bought a '79 CJ7 with a 350 that hadn't been started in years. The day I brought it home, I had it running like a top. I've never tackled a motor swap but my dad has done many, I even remember handing him wrenches when he swapped a 350 in his old '79 Chevy stepside. I've learned everything I know from him and I'm confident in my abilities, especially body work and fabrication which, from looking at your registry, you have no clue about.

the 4" Black Billet Antenna & Ventshade Ventvisors were sure hard to mod your car. swappin in a 2200 for a 2200 is cake. what they did is drastically different. so they missed their projection by 2 days! big deal. it's done. move on.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 2:30 PM
Well if you're keeping track the ENGINE SWAP itself only took 3 days, it was the other 3 yrs of work that sucked up all the other time. The only ENGINE parts that were removed from the blue car prior to Saturday was the engine harness. That was pulled on Friday morning. Another thing, considering every eco swap starts w/ only 1 engine in a car and not 2, we pulled 2 motors and replaced 1. That's an engine swap in 3 days, from Sat to Mon when it started. So let's see here we accomplished what you said was "impossible" and something else that you said, you'd like to see pics of, well let's just say, to look at the interior of the white car knowing what the interior of the blue car used to look like, you wouldn't know the difference aside from steering wheel. You're an idiot, you challenged us, we answered and you attempt to rebut, but it's futile. Bottom line the 3 of us accomplished what you would have to pay someone to do, and it still wouldn't have gotten done in that time frame, shut the hell up and piss off.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 2:55 PM
John W(Ranger1316) wrote:Well you were an ass over my skeptical remark so I couldn't help but be an ass back to you after you were proven wrong. You can talk about my Engine Mods all you want, this is my daily driver and I've never had any reason to pull it since it's never gave me any problems. You'll be happy to know though that I picked up a 20k mile 2200 the other weekend and I'll be swapping it in next summer or sooner if my current one dies. I'll be sure to post pictures...

Clap clap clap clap.

Im glad you plan to swap a motor out. Its more then most can say they've done.

The body work i can agree with... i hate body kits... wings... blah blah blah. Also ive never even attempted body work or watch anyone do it. So ill leave that to people i trust to do the work.

Fabrication on the other hand. Every step of the way when i work on a car i fabricate something and my style of car modifying is to keep it stock appearing, so if you cant see my work it means i did what i set out to do.

Im done with this thread. Its going nowhere and arguing with you about 2 days is like talking to a brick wall.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 3:13 PM
I don't see what the big deal is..

2 engines and vehicle harnesses were pulled..
an engine and vehicle harness was installed.

Why do people think that is a huge task?

Glad to hear the car is running, keep the 2k front end.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 3:45 PM
s1lver_N1p (S-m62) wrote:the 4" Black Billet Antenna & Ventshade Ventvisors were sure hard to mod your car. swappin in a 2200 for a 2200 is cake.

It's awfully ignorant to overlook the other exterior and interior mods. Swapping an Eco is cake since Skwirl has a full write up for 00+ J-Bodies anyways. My point is a few people laughed at the thought of this swap taking longer than four days when I said myself that it would be hurried and it wouldn't be the main focus on 4th of July weekend.

Skunk wrote:Bottom line the 3 of us accomplished what you would have to pay someone to do, and it still wouldn't have gotten done in that time frame

I've never payed anyone to do anything to my car period.

How 'bout you shut the hell up and piss off

Honestly, I'm enjoying the hell out of this thread. You get pissed off that some people don't appreciate your stupid driving habits and then when you don't keep your almighty swap deadline, you get even more pissed when someone points it out.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 8:39 PM
John W(Ranger1316) wrote:
s1lver_N1p (S-m62) wrote:the 4" Black Billet Antenna & Ventshade Ventvisors were sure hard to mod your car. swappin in a 2200 for a 2200 is cake.

It's awfully ignorant to overlook the other exterior and interior mods. Swapping an Eco is cake since Skwirl has a full write up for 00+ J-Bodies anyways. My point is a few people laughed at the thought of this swap taking longer than four days when I said myself that it would be hurried and it wouldn't be the main focus on 4th of July weekend.

wow there isn't much else in your mod list that's any harder than the antenna and ventvisors. hence why i pointed them out. hell they were probably the hardest. do those mods make your car faster?

Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:12 PM
"I hope you do a clean install this time, wire management, power-wash the engine bay and clean the engine before you drop it in. That was killing your car before, you do know that taking the time to do something right isn't a bad thing....."

thought the same thing

Friday, July 11, 2008 4:17 PM
Project Phoenix

Saturday, July 12, 2008 12:42 PM
Gosh you guys are soooooo slow at swapping those ecos.. I swapped mine in 18 hours strait all by myself, oh yeah and several cases of Redbull Only to find out head porting at broke into the water jacket

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Downpipe w/ Cutout | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Saturday, July 12, 2008 4:42 PM
BlackEco wrote:Gosh you guys are soooooo slow at swapping those ecos.. I swapped mine in 18 hours strait all by myself, oh yeah and several cases of Redbull Only to find out head porting at broke into the water jacket

Good job, you get a cookie

Sunday, July 20, 2008 9:09 PM
Skunk wrote:While you guys bitch about me being a "dumbass" and pissing and moaning about me...

We have OTHER obiligations tonight

one on right = mine.

.......jk. but i wish, haha.

sorry to hear bout the accident.
the white one looks awsome!
i really dont know u, or anything bout yur past wit j-body's and stuff, and im kinda new here.
but f*ck all these people that hate and sh*t. do whut u do, how u wanna do it, and f*ck everyone else.
good luck with the swap. i hope everything goes smoothly insurance wise, and keep me posted on whuts goin on with this new one. i have a 2000 with the "2200" and am looking to do a swap for the ECO. i have some questions about it, so PM me if u can!

thanks.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:33 AM
wow I just saw your dyno post and the new car in your sig. I had no idea. Sorry all that happened man. Glad your ok though.

I dont know why everyone jumped down your throat. People have done stupid @!#$ before. unfortunately, yours was a costly mistake. you lived, you learned and your starting again.

Glad to see you got everything taking care of

----HUGE PART OUT, HAHN portfueler, Turbo kit, 20g, Built motor, etc-----

12.5@116 2.0 60ft
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search