Kind of Sad,. But its time,good bye too all here - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Kind of Sad,. But its time,good bye too all here
Thursday, November 06, 2008 8:35 PM
Well, the time to pass the Sunfire has come on gone.

Owned a black 2001 Se 2dr Auto w/ Sun roof, since sept 23 of 2000, with 83 miles on the Od when I got it new.

Over the past 8+ year it drove me 115k miles, never broke down (unless I left the lights on).

Lots of memories of the good old car, but it was time.

The clear coat was peeling, the drives seat was, well, dead, and it was starting to really age.

Over the 8 years I went from a car knob, to a slightly less car knob. Was able to pull the door panels off and replace speakers and doors in less then an hour.

Added power door locks, and remote start (17hour learning experance) Learned how to change brakes, fluids, filters, belts, spark plugs, valve covers, etc.

been in 2 accidents, one very minor, one not too bad. Got broken into 3 times. lost 1 stereo, 1 amp, 1 sub. Learned to make fiberglass sub boxes, and how to run power cable.

learned to both love the black color, and hate it forever. There was no beating a meguirs wash, clean wax, polish, and gold class finish, it was amazing. Learned how the car would respond in just about any situation, could tell gear shift points without even trying, and learned to love the sound of the 2200.

And while I never modded it past the wheels and audio, I always wanted to, but by the time I could really afford to, well, it aged.

Also found one of the best forums with the best people on the net right here. Always answered questions and would offer to help. Its amazing how much grass roots support the J-body has, a platform that seems much unloved by the aftermarket, did it on its own. Thanks to all that helped, and will continue to. This site is simple amazing.

last week the sunfire was replaced by a vw rabbit, still an auto, but 2 more gears. The only downside so far, piss poor stero. Other then that, the fact that its costing me far less then the sunfire did is also mind blowing.

Thanks again

Re: Kind of Sad,. But its time,good bye too all here
Friday, November 07, 2008 4:28 AM
Always good to hear about people learning to work on and modify their own vehicles.

"Over the past 8+ year it drove me 115k miles, never broke down (unless I left the lights on)." Lol at that, do that with the DD occasionally

Good luck with the new ride!

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Re: Kind of Sad,. But its time,good bye too all here
Friday, November 07, 2008 9:54 AM
glad to hear we could help you out... and congrats on the new ride and good luck...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search