The '97 Z24 sold......! - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The '97 Z24 sold......!
Friday, February 29, 2008 5:41 PM
Well she left last Sunday, went to another J-body family down in Ohio but figured I'd toss up a post for those of you whom didn't know. This car was my third Z24, first being the 1996 "ghostflameZ" I had bought from Brandon Fetter which introduced me to the j-body game, second being my black GM S/C'd 2001, and we currently still own a 2002 LS Sport sedan.

Built this car in 6 months over the winter season, picked it up in a pretty halfass state and completely redid everything, a restoration of sorts along with a lot of upgrading. I won my class every show attended throughout '07 mostly thanks to the flawless paintjob laid by my local bodyshop.

This season I had it tore-down to rebuild when the overall investment became unreal to me, and I realized I had my fun and my heart just wasn't in it. I did what I wanted to do with this car, and anything more would be me wasting money.

Build-

Favorite photoshoot/stage-

a couple B&W's-

and a splash of color-

Some lake shots-

Take care of her Shawn.

Those whom are going to ask "what's next".....I doubt it'll be another J, but right now my focus is on paying off debts and getting my life in order before purchasing another vehicle. Don't worry though, I'm not going anywhere.

Re: The '97 Z24 sold......!
Friday, February 29, 2008 5:57 PM
Sad, even though it will be owned by another JBO member it won't be the same. I love your style bro.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Friday, February 29, 2008 6:08 PM
Best part is I live in a town named Southaven, not like the one in your pic where it says South Haven.

Still a nice car. Best of luck.

Saturday, March 01, 2008 3:58 PM
i love that car... the perfect j... i told myself i wouldnt end up in another j after i totaled it... but i did... for some god damn reason!

Sunday, March 02, 2008 7:50 AM
find ghostflamez ...................bring it back!!!!!!!!!!! good luck on your future endeavors

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Sunday, March 02, 2008 9:53 AM
do the sedan

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, March 03, 2008 5:17 PM
dude that's a badass car, the nicest hood i've seen on a j, where'd you get it?

There's no pain like wrecking your first J
Wednesday, March 05, 2008 5:18 AM
well we all have priorities. i cant say i dont blame you. once i finish up my build that im working on right now, i will be done with jbodies also.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 10:49 PM
Damn Joe, I liked that car. Wanna buy my sunfire? lol.
Friday, March 07, 2008 11:31 AM
What a shock...I love what you did to that car.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Friday, March 07, 2008 1:18 PM
StrippedCav98 (Now Quotable) wrote:well we all have priorities. i cant say i dont blame you. once i finish up my build that im working on right now, i will be done with jbodies also.

Yeah yeah.. they all say that...

Friday, March 07, 2008 1:38 PM
Honestly once the '97 left I lost all desire to build another J, I had enough parts to fully build a fun Eco powered track car included Cadwz24's Saab turbo setup, but my heart just wasn't in it once I sold this one.....so my stockpile went up for sale days after.

Next toy is going to be a nice improvement I'm hoping, looking to secure and better DD first though so it may take a minute.

Sunday, March 09, 2008 9:04 PM
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:45 AM
I feel sorry for whoever bought that POS...

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:14 PM
call me crazy but i love that spoiler you had on there for a bit.. whered you get it?

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 1:04 PM
Car is def. hot sauce, hope the new owner treats her just as nicely.

Dan Trump

2004 Cavalier LS Sport - Victory Red
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 1:13 PM
Steve-O wrote:call me crazy but i love that spoiler you had on there for a bit.. whered you get it?

It's the TRD Celica wing from the action package, was 3 pieces and we fully molded it. Loved it too, stress cracks came up in a couple spots I just got pissed and ditched it.

the beaver doctor wrote:Car is def. hot sauce, hope the new owner treats her just as nicely.

Me too .

Monday, March 24, 2008 11:17 PM
I just hope I can keep the car up to Joe standards...

Friday, April 04, 2008 10:40 AM
ya man definitly one sick car....... i always loved that kit... whats it called?
Friday, April 04, 2008 12:43 PM
^^RKSport Import Fighter

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 1:56 AM
joe joe joe. I never thought you woulod get rid of her! lol. i still remember the day you and your g/f bought my air ride. lol. but i felt the same way as you. when the wife left me i lost 100% interest in my J and altho i loved my car, i just did not have the heart to get into it again after she left, way too many memories. the funny part is the guy i sold the cav too is actually a good friend of mine, so i see the car almost evey wednesday at the pool hall i go too. lol. but the sad part is this guy does not know how to take care of a car of that caliber. the last time i saw it (last wednesday) the front right corner light was missing, he took off the lambo doors and put the car back together half assed, and there was plastic over the drivers side window b/c someone had broke it out the weekend before. its just going down hill from there. and to think i sold him a 02 LS Sport last november with 36000 miles on it!!! lol. All of that for 4500.00

Monday, July 07, 2008 11:45 AM

Thanks....for building such a wicked looking J.....

Saturday, October 25, 2008 8:12 PM
Damn I miss this car, very sexy.

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Monday, November 10, 2008 6:23 AM

Joe by far one of the sexxxxxxiest Jbody builds evar...!!!!!!

New F'in car buy....good job....

Now get work'in on that Sunfire..!!!! NOW..!

Monday, November 10, 2008 6:24 AM
Zspot wrote:

New F'in car buy....good job....

oppps i ment to say Nice F'in car..!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search