From back in the summer, S&%* deal, but it's my own fault. - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
From back in the summer, S&%* deal, but it's my own fault.
Thursday, January 22, 2009 7:52 PM
I was on my way to wal-mart to meet the GF after she got off work to go out for coffee, was on highway 21 heading into goderich, ontario doing about 90km (55 miles) was 2 minutes from goderich when I passed an '03 silver sunfire. The driver of the '03 fire decided to cross the yellow towards my car, I turned to the right but it was too late and ours mirrors hit. I immediately hit the breaks pulled off to the shoulder, the other driver hit the breaks, but then decided to keep going. So I did a u-turn passe a couple cars that were following him, got behind him and flashed him. He didn't respond so I got infront of him and slowed down, he went around me. I caught up to him again got infront of him again and this time he got the hint only took about 2.5km. I walked up to his car just pissed (more than I normally would have been, i'll let you know why in a min). The driver was in his 60s.

This is how the convo went down
Me- "Do you know what just happened and why didn't you stop?"
Him- "Well you hit me and I didn't think you stopped."
Me- "So someone hits you and you keep driving?"
Him- "Well what was I going to do, the other guy didn't stop"
Me- "I'm the other guy you just hit, I stopped and had to turn around and chase after you because you didn't stop"
Him- "Oh, I didn't you hit you, you must have hit me."
Me- I laughed and said "are you kidding me? you went over the yellow line a good 2-3 feet doing 90km/h and took my mirror off."I point at his broken mirror.
Him- "Oh i don't think so, maybe we both went over."
Me-So I'm even more pissed and frustrated at this point and I ask "so you have no intentions of doing anything about this?"
Him- "Well I guess we can call the police"
Me- It's really gay but I had to say "forget it"

Any other day I would have called the police and got the insurance companies involved.
Just not the 4 days I didn't have insurance on my car because my insurance company decided to change the agreement and charge me an extra $240 a month without telling me, so i told them to screw themselves.
2 days after this accident is when my new policy was in effect.

I realise it's my own fault for drving without insurance, and this is the only accident I've ever had in my vehicle on the highway. wtf are the odds.

1/4 Mile ET 15.2579 at 89.97mph

Re: From back in the summer, S&%* deal, but it's my own fault.
Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:13 PM
just forget about it and go to the salvage yard. no sense in funk'n with a 45-50 dollar part.

nice story though.

Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:25 PM
lol thanks, this was way back in early summer. I actually had a spare from my sisters wrecked car, and 5 min after this pic was taked the mirror was replaced. a few months later the paint was fixed, It was chipped to @!#$. the glass and the rubber below the window are still @!#$ from it. The glass has chips in it, and the rubber has a few chunks missing out of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:26 PM

Saturday, January 24, 2009 3:43 PM
Haha sorry to hear the guy was a dick. If it was clearly his fault I would have at least spit on his windsheild or something before I left. But that's just me.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 4:10 PM
I was thinking of doing much worse, but at later time when he didn't know I was near his car but I never did end up seeing him again. Probably a good thing for both of us lol

Monday, January 26, 2009 12:37 PM
a similar thing happend to me i hate when peole cant take ther own falt and try to pass it on others
Monday, January 26, 2009 9:57 PM
Whats funniest is that he was 60 and driving a Cav,most of the time you see a 60 yr old driving a Vette

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Monday, January 26, 2009 9:58 PM
edit:Sunfire

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Monday, January 26, 2009 11:35 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:Whats funniest is that he was 60 and driving a Cav,most of the time you see a 60 yr old driving a Vette

He was probably in the sunfire with the intent on being an old douchebag lol

Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:58 AM
what you let him go for? should have at least called the cops on him and had his license revoked. it's crap how they get away with near anything.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 10:53 AM
If you read my post you'd realise why, it wasn't really vy choice, i had to unless I wanted to get raped.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search