what to do, wrecked 95 gt - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what to do, wrecked 95 gt
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:59 AM
There are numerous posts on this forum concerning this car. I purchased it for my son and with the help of J body got it running and made it his regular transportation.
Then he had the accident. Last winter.... "Hey dad, I hit a stop sign because of the ice". Well, the stop sign must have been attached to a telephone pole because the
front right fender is pushed in pretty good right behind the head light, front bumper is trashed, knocked a chunk off the aluminum wheel where the bead seals.
I got the car home, it still runs great. Pulls a little to the side. I was going to go ahead and try to fix it, and even had a bumper and fender in the correct
color located and they were sold before I got to them.

So what do I do with it? I put a tire on it and it drives ok, pulls a little to the right and pops when turning, must have pulled a tie rod or ball joint. Just found out that my son lost the title, 100 to get that back.
Is the quad 4 engine and tranny worth anything? Should I part this thing out or what?

Does anyone have a red bumper and rf fender for sale?
Thanks...Gary

97 Pontiac sunfire quad 4 auto

Re: what to do, wrecked 95 gt
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:02 AM
Sorry, guess its a 97 GT.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 10:01 AM
I'm not sure why you want to part out a car that has some body damage that's reparable. If the unibody was mangled, I could understand, but it doesn't sound like it is. If it's only a DD, fix what needs to be fixed and keep driving it. Also- I feel for you having such a high lost title fee. That's ridiculous.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:07 PM
James Cahill wrote:I'm not sure why you want to part out a car that has some body damage that's reparable. If the unibody was mangled, I could understand, but it doesn't sound like it is. If it's only a DD, fix what needs to be fixed and keep driving it. Also- I feel for you having such a high lost title fee. That's ridiculous.

HI James, thanks for the reply,

The car is good except for the body damage and the fact that the clear coat is coming off. Good enough to buy new parts, paint to not match the disintegrating clear coat, ummm...I dont know. I just had a Jeep Grand Cherokee front bumper replaced and painted, I bought the part and it still cost 1800 when it was all over.

If I could find parts the right color, then ok. Right now, I cannot find those parts. I have no interest at all in replacing the body parts with non matching colors.

As far as the title cost goes, this is Illinois. They rape you on everything labeled as tax.

thanks...gary

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:07 AM
I'd say start hitting the junkyards and see what you come up with.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:06 AM
or do what i did man, sand, prime and base then clear coat, rattlecan bomb style, i used duplicor factory color just make sure to sand in between, and buff and polish at the end, and mine came out 95% factory

Modding my j since I found the org
Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:38 AM
its a 97 gt. i would slap the body parts on there and let macco spray it cheap. its yours sons car, and obvious its not a show or go car so pretty doesn't really matter. if you can tolerate it then its good.

Friday, April 27, 2012 3:34 PM
Well, I went out to the junkyards today and found a red fender but the bumper was trashed.

Can anyone tell me if an SE bumper will fit a GT? I am pretty sure the fender is no big deal.

I want to make sure there isn't an oil cooler or something in the 24 valve that negates the use of a non GT front bumper.

thanks...gary

Friday, April 27, 2012 3:37 PM
I am also looking at 1998 Chevy Cavalier Z-24 for $2500 tomorrow, and a poorly running 96 Sunfire for $600 on sunday

I really need to buy my boy a car soon....gm

Friday, May 11, 2012 5:32 AM
Well the title has been found and I don't have time to jack with the car.

Anyone in the Southern Wisconsin, Chicago IL area thats wants to buy a fixable Sunfire GT call me at eight one five, 997, seven eight four three.

thanks...gary moore

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search