Rough day for the cavy... - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rough day for the cavy...
Monday, February 27, 2006 2:56 PM
well guys, my poor cavalier had a rough day today.

started off at 2am on my way to work. had a rabbit run out in front of me and got to hear it squish. it was kind of saddening. what was more saddening is that i was planning to install a new side skirt on the side that had guts splattered down the side of it.

so that sucked

then on my way home, i got rearended. traffic stopped, i hit my brakes and missed the car in front of my by about 6 inches, then the woman behind me nailed me. probably going about 25ish MPH. it wasn't anything real dramatic. both drivers are ok, my neck is a little stiff but i can't tell if i'm injured or just tense. the other drivers car was fine (big ass 92 lincoln towncar...figures, right?). my car, on the other hand, is a little banged up. back bumper is beat up a little and it bent up my exhaust (yeah for a new exhaust system!!).

here's the pictures...wife went a little picture happy.

i'm thankful because i know it could have been A LOT worse. my car will be ok eventually. its just irritating. i did everything i could to not hit the girl. i kinda felt bad for her though cuz she was a 19 year old girl on the way to her first job interview driving mom and dad's car. oh well though, maybe now she'll learn how to hit the brakes a little harder....

peace out
brian

GO PATS!!!

Re: Rough day for the cavy...
Monday, February 27, 2006 4:27 PM
That sucks, could of been a lot worse though.

Monday, February 27, 2006 11:28 PM
Dude I had something similar happen to me a few years ago. I was driving a work truck when this damn girl pulled out of a parking lot in front of me and slammed on her brakes. I rear-ended her because of her retardation, and got cited for it even though there were several witnesses that vouched for my story and said I would have hit her even if she hadn't stopped. Turned out, she had ditched school to go for her first job interview. She was crying and carrying on about how pissed her parents were gonna be and she was gonna get grounded. I almost flipped on her but I just walked away. # days later I got canned for a safety infraction. Ain't that a bitch?

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 3:30 AM
That sucks. Good luck with the damage.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:44 AM
Rabbits on the 60?

I better watch out.

But seriously, don't be depressed. Somebody flipped over on my way to work the other day, guess how? Trying to avoid a piece of plywood on the 60. Just be happy it's only cosmetic and both of you are alright.

Better watch out though man... be careful out there.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:20 PM
haha, no rabbits on the 60...i was on the road that leads into my works parking lot.

i've very thankful that everything was minor. i'm sore, but its just from being tense. my car isn't thrashed, just bruised up. i'm glad the girl wasn't hurt too. i know it could have been a lot worse. if i would have hit the car infront of me, i'd have two ends of the car busted, plus i'd be paying for the car infront of me.

i just got back from the body shop that my insurance referred me to. that little bit of damage is going to cost her $972, and thats if they can fix the exhaust in the shop. if they can't fix it, they'll send me to an exhaust shop with another claim number and she'll have seperate charge for that. we'll see how it goes.

right now i'm getting ahold of my insurance agent to find out what i need to do to get her insurance to get me a rental car (i don't have rental insurance for some reason). after that, i should have my car in less than a week (after i get a rental).

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, March 04, 2006 11:19 PM
Any news yet?

Sunday, March 05, 2006 7:11 AM
nope. i had my car re-estimated for damages on thursday because her insurance wanted me to go to their own body shop. i'm going to call them tomorrow after work to see whats next.

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 2:03 PM
I saw you at wal-mart last night.

I think it was you because your car is the only 4 door blue z24 ive ever seen around here.

I glanced at the back of your car and couldn't even notice it was damaged. Thats a good thing. Im sure if I got closer i could have noticed the damage.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 2:06 PM
wasn't me, i don't shop at wally world.

got an update though...

there reason its taking so long for her insurance to get back to me....

drum roll...........

she's not insured!!!! woohoo!! she was driving her parents car WITHOUT permission. she's not covered under her parents insurance policy nor does she have insurance of her own. just got a lot more fun...

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:46 AM
So how old is she ? If she's under 18 Mommy and Daddy are responcible for her still which means you can go after them. Hell your insurence company may still be able to afetr her parents cuase its their car. Call them and find out.

Good luck man.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 7:11 AM
She's 19, so I would take her to court. Chances are her parents will settle with you if you threaten court action. It will also teach her not to be irresponcible. I may come off as harsh but so be it.

I know someone might get offended by this but I've noticed that a good 85% of the accidents I see around Tampa here are caused by young girls. My girlfriend used to get on me for saying that until she nearly got ran off the road a few times within the last few months. I can't begin to recall how many times I've seen a young college-aged girl on her cellphone nearly cause an accident.
Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:08 AM
I agree 110% on that statement ^^^^
Thursday, March 09, 2006 11:53 AM
well here's the actions so far.

my lowest quote at a body shop through insurance is 896 bucks
my lowest quote through the shop i'd prefer to go to is 1200 bucks

her parents insurance is going to pay for the damages if we go through insurance. then they will deal with her afterwards

she's wanting me to go to her uncles shop cuz he can do it for real cheap. i told her i wasn't comfortable leaving my car at a shop i didn't trust. the two quotes i've gotten are from shops i've been to or a friend has been to.

basically this is what i told her:

(me talking to her)

"i'm trying my best to be a nice guy. i didn't put in a claim when i went to the doctor, i'm not putting in a claim for the 2 days i didn't get paid for at work that i took off, and i'm not putting in a claim for a rental car. i just want my car fixed. i'm not leaving it at just any shop. i've gotten a quote from the two shops i trust. you can either pick a shop and give me cash, or we can go to the shop the insurance picked out and they can deal with you later. i don't want to be an ass, but you're making me in to one. i spoke with your insurance agent, he says you have until next thrusday (1 week), to decide before they cut me a check. i have a trip at the end of the month, i want my car done by then. i'll call you tomorrow (friday) and you need to have a decision for me."

now my question for you guys...am i being unreasonable in not wanting my car done at her uncles shop? i just don't trust the guy. i know and trust the 2 shops i've got quotes from, it'll take a lot for me to not go through them...

GO PATS!!!
Friday, March 10, 2006 9:09 AM
I'd stay far away from her uncles shop if it was me.. He'll probably do a crappy job, trying to save her some money.

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - My winter beater
Friday, March 10, 2006 12:57 PM
wtf?

Why would anybody think they could get somebody that they hit to go to "their uncle's shop"?

She should just suck it up and give you the money for the shop(s) you picked. No, it's not unreasonable at all. If I hit somebody, I would probably expect them to get their car fixed at the dealer. It sucks, but you want it to be how it was before.

You're not being an ass. She probably thinks you are because she thinks she can get whatever she wants from you.

Stand your ground, and make the girl pay. End of story.

Friday, March 10, 2006 2:36 PM
yea, she had me talk to her mom today. i pissed her off when i told her i wasn't going to their shop and she says "well i'm just going to have to talk to my insurance agent" ::click::

i've lost all sympathy. if she doesn't have an answer on what she wants to do by monday, i'm getting a rental car and filing a claim for the days i took off.

GO PATS!!!
Friday, March 17, 2006 1:52 PM
Did you stick it to her yet?

Saturday, March 18, 2006 10:16 AM
yea, she didn't call me for two days so i let her insurance handle it. hell with her. i took it to the dealership body shop. the quote was originally 1500 bucks. they took my bumper cover off and found that the metal piece it mounts to was bent. now the total quote is 2300 bucks so i'm glad i didn't just have her give me money. if i would have called to say i needed another 800 bucks, she would have hung up. i also got a rental car too. its a red cobalt. decent car, but i'm starting to miss my cavy. i turned it in on monday and they called yesterday to tell me they'd have it for at least another week and a half. at least i'm not paying for it though.

GO PATS!!!
Monday, March 27, 2006 1:12 PM
hey sparks, whatever happened with this chick, ever hear from here again?? What eventually happened?

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=333805&t=333704#333805
Monday, March 27, 2006 3:05 PM
never heard from her. i reported the accident to the DMV and they couldn't tell me what was going to happen with her. i SUPPOSED to get my car back either tomorrow or wednesday. i'm getting really tired of my base model cobalt rental, and i miss having a stereo system that doesn't suck. i can't wait for my car...

GO PATS!!!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:26 AM
Send her death threats and chain letters.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=1&i=333805&t=333704#333805
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:48 AM
Send her broken plastic sporks.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:46 AM
sporks?? hahahha, of all things, why sporks?

GO PATS!!!
Monday, April 03, 2006 8:21 AM
it always seems like people who wreck have no insurance....

sucks man get er' back to 100%!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search