Rear-ended by a Freightliner - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear-ended by a Freightliner
Thursday, July 13, 2006 9:46 PM
Well I was hoping I would never have to post in this depressing forum, but Monday sucked a horse's ass. I was on the freeway backed up in traffic when all of a sudden BAM!! It sounded like my whole back end shattered. So I look in my rearview mirror and realize a big ass truck just hit me.

I pulled over and called the police. I then checked my poor cavy and to my suprise it held up pretty damn good. A baseball sized dent in the trunk, a hole the size of a quarter in the bumper, and the trunk lid was pushed in somewhat. The whole back end is scratched and scraped to hell. Still driveable. The damage estimate is about 1200 dollars.

The good news is I went to the urgent care aftewards and it looks like I am fine. The driver of the truck is 100% at fault and his insurance co is accepting liability and is paying to get my car fixed. I also had rental reimbursement on my policy, so I am driving a new 2006 Chrysler Pacifica for the time being.

I have pics and will post them when I find a server to host them.

Re: Rear-ended by a Freightliner
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 7:08 PM
make sure you take the car to a good shop. my car looked fine on the back...few scratches and a little dentage. trunk was pushed up some. when they took the bumper cover off the found that all the underlying metal supports were bent to hell. bent some of the frame too. my estimate was 700 bucks. the damage almost ended up totaling out my car at just under 3700 bucks.

GO PATS!!!
Re: Rear-ended by a Freightliner
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:06 PM
I just got it back today. Looks pretty good. Very slight color difference if you look closely. It was even detailed inside and out.

I had something behind the bumper cover too, but my insurance company took this possibility into account prior to any work being done. The shop originally thought that they could repair the bumper, but ended up having to order a replacement. I took it to one of my insurance co's recommended shops, which means they will guarantee the work for life.

It also turns out that the other guy's insurance co is responsible for the rental reimbursement and possibly the bill from the urgent care too. I'll still try to get pictures posted if anyone is interested.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search