2nd post in this forum in 2 months - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2nd post in this forum in 2 months
Saturday, December 02, 2006 8:48 PM
well last friday on my way home from bowling i had a little incedent involving black ice.
i was entering the freeway the entrance ramp is a long curved bridge. well bout halfway through the turn the backend started to step out. i quickly got on the clutch and tryed to correct the spin. at first it looked like i was gona save it when it started to turn back to straight. sudenly the front tires grabbed some dry pavement whipping the backend around the other direction and slaming the car into the outside wall backwards.
and ripping off the drivers rear wheel. heres the pics

and one more after me and a friend repaired the suspention

insurance came out monday to look at it $3700 not including the suspention work (the work we did is being applied to my deductable)

Re: 2nd post in this forum in 2 months
Saturday, December 02, 2006 9:18 PM
wow.....3700 bud? that sucks. I hope you know if you need a hand with anything or whatever, let me know, i will see what i can do.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Re: 2nd post in this forum in 2 months
Monday, December 11, 2006 1:14 AM
Did the same thing to the Wife's LS Sport Sedan a year and a half ago Hit a buckle in the road, rear tires came loose on some slush/snow/ice. Tried to counter the slide, managed to almost catch it, but hit more ice on the bridge, and went in ass first just like you. Busted the DR rear wheel bearing, lost the wheel, scuffed the tail light (-99 Toyota Tails ), and then hit the DR front fender area into the same wall........ over $9k in damage. Ins. wrote it off.

I'm glad yours faired better, and that your alright.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search