what do you do to protect your stuff - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what do you do to protect your stuff
Monday, December 17, 2007 8:14 AM
well I got hit up over the weekend and they took the headunit and screen they broke one speaker they couldnt get out,but its all gonna be useless with out the harness and impossible to find them. but I wanna know what I can do to protect my self, the stock alarm system helped a little but i need somethin else, what did you all do?

I was thinkin 2-way pager alarm but wife dosent like the idea if it goes off me goin after the person. And i dont think tint would help cuz it seems like i was targeted cuz cops said when this usually happens they get all the cars on the street. Now i have everythin out of the car and it sux not being able to use anythin i got for x-mas/b-day and its gonna have to be like this till we move.

Kill list:03 eclipse, 06 GTO, 04 Mach 1 Mustang

Re: what do you do to protect your stuff
Monday, December 17, 2007 8:19 AM
i use a Viper 2 way pager alarm. works great

Monday, December 17, 2007 8:46 AM
Joey Baggs (Eazy716) wrote:i use a Viper 2 way pager alarm. works great

That is what I did. Install an extra 120db siren. Even with a blinking light and viper stickers your window will prolly get smashed. With a loud ass siren going off they are not going to stick around long enough to take anything but atleast you cut your losses down to just a busted window. I would recomend a trunk pin sensor and a hood pin sensor as well. This way if they pop your hood to cut your batery cable so your alarm does not go off the pin switch will set off the alarm when they open the hood. Same goes for the trunk if they pop it open first. You might want to rethink doing a big or obviuos system until you have a secure garage to park it in. But even then it sucks having a car you have to baby sit to make sure it does not get broken into.

If it was broken where you live I would recomend installing a security camera.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, December 17, 2007 10:24 AM
yea i guess the alarm is the way to go but wife thinks its a waste, so im first adding the large lights with sensor and if it happens again I can say told you so and she can buy the alarm.

Im goin nuts tryin to find a house to move into with a car hold, i cant wait.

Kill list:03 eclipse, 06 GTO, 04 Mach 1 Mustang

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:15 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:
Joey Baggs (Eazy716) wrote:i use a Viper 2 way pager alarm. works great

That is what I did. Install an extra 120db siren. Even with a blinking light and viper stickers your window will prolly get smashed. With a loud ass siren going off they are not going to stick around long enough to take anything but atleast you cut your losses down to just a busted window. I would recomend a trunk pin sensor and a hood pin sensor as well. This way if they pop your hood to cut your batery cable so your alarm does not go off the pin switch will set off the alarm when they open the hood. Same goes for the trunk if they pop it open first. You might want to rethink doing a big or obviuos system until you have a secure garage to park it in. But even then it sucks having a car you have to baby sit to make sure it does not get broken into.

If it was broken where you live I would recomend installing a security camera.

Most alarms have the voltage trigger so when a light goes off,like the trunk light,it triggers the alarm.Same if you have a light under your hood.Best bet is to get a back-up battery (so if the batt. cable is cut the alrm still functions)and a proximity sensor,set it for three feet or whtever and I doubt they will mess with the car.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search