sad sad day for the slocav - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sad sad day for the slocav
Friday, December 28, 2007 2:17 PM
well guys on the way to mount sterling today so i can pay my taxes i saw my life flash before my eyes. i was on Kentucky route 11 going toward mt sterling and it had been raining. it was just bairly sprinkling and i was in a slight turn and hit a puddle of water and started to hydroplane. i tried to correct it but everything i did nothing responded so i just held on for life... i turned one time and was going in reverse and hit some gravel after taking out some mailboxes and slid into a ditch... and wouldnt you know it i am on shutdown break from work and something like this would happen

luckly when we put it on the truck the underneath looked fine so thats a good thing i hit the ditch without any force i kinda slid into it... so thats a good thing... insurance is fixing it so the slocav will be back once again. on to the pictures..... i about cry when i see them... sorry they are so bad i took them on my blackberry pearl....

Re: sad sad day for the slocav
Friday, December 28, 2007 2:21 PM
That sucks! A good bath and a few new bits and you'll be set though at least.
Friday, December 28, 2007 2:22 PM
That could've been a lot worse. Glad you didn't get hurt or wreck the car.

Friday, December 28, 2007 2:34 PM
that sucks to see man, but youre lucky you didnt hit that culvert! another 15 feet and it could have been a very, VERY bad day for your car and your body both.

Friday, December 28, 2007 2:35 PM
it hurts my heart when i see that lip like that. . glad to see your ok, car does not look as bad i thought it would. sorry man

Friday, December 28, 2007 2:42 PM
glad your alright. doesnt look as bad as it coulda been but i know the feeling. good luck on getting her rebuilt

Friday, December 28, 2007 3:38 PM
yeah your lucky you landed where you did... can i have the toyos now? i think they gave you bad luck and were trying to drown themselves

Friday, December 28, 2007 4:06 PM
wow, I'd say that your lucky that thats all the damage that was done. Glad to see your ok though

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Friday, December 28, 2007 6:00 PM
slight turn?? looks like a complete straight-away to me. just how bald are your tires?

all n all, id be thanking my lucky stars if i were you. you landed smack dab in between 2 trees.

Friday, December 28, 2007 6:23 PM
Glad to hear no one including urself was hurt. Indeed it could'a went a lot worse, hell you could'a hit one of the trees ur inbetween in the photos! yikes ...

Friday, December 28, 2007 8:37 PM
that really sucks! but i must say with everything near you that you could have hit you are lucky you missed it all. hope your baby gets back on the road soon, i know id be devastated to see mine like that

Monday, December 31, 2007 3:43 PM
z yaaaa wrote:slight turn?? looks like a complete straight-away to me. just how bald are your tires?

all n all, id be thanking my lucky stars if i were you. you landed smack dab in between 2 trees.

yes i slid i'd say over 1/4 of a mile because the turn is out of sight of the picture and besides i used my cellphone cam anyway.. i am not a dumb ass i take care of my tires.... there not bald....

thanks for the support guys i cant wait to get her back.... makes me sad to see those pics and to think about it.... i'll keep this post going once i find out anything.... wish me luck...

Monday, December 31, 2007 4:04 PM
How fast were you going? Thats quite a way to slide, even on wet grass.
Tuesday, January 01, 2008 5:59 PM
i was doing 55-60 or so no more than that... it was 300-400 feet or so i was wrong on my first thought about the distance... i started going sideways for about 100 feet or more then it spun around in reverse and landed where it did... the entire time i did this the brakes were locked so i slid a good ways.... thanks for the good comments guys i cant wait to get her back...

Friday, January 04, 2008 8:51 AM
Just be happy that you are safe..Cars can be replaced and fixed...body parts and lives cannot...I was T boned in the summer of '06, it was very depressing, but it was fixed..that is why I will not put any more money into a daily driver ever again...an accicdent can occur any time and most of the time you will not get your money invested back .......Keep your head up and you will definitely be much happier and appreciative with your car when it's fixed.. good luck man..

Sunday, January 06, 2008 6:49 PM
they ordered parts on friday so i say by next week she'll be fixed.. thank god... i am glad there fixin it.... i'll keep you all updated...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search